Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 06:06 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Obviously you are woefully lack in understanding of the use of the term fascist in the context to which I used it. Its my opinion that the view point you express from the perspective of a LEO is about as likely as me being Barack Obama.

Your definition of fascist is embarrassing to say the least.

But I digress, you seem to be missing my point. It's apparent you think my post was directed at you and not the general sentiment of this LEO being guilty until proven innocent. I hope you are never arrested under that assumption and execution of sentence carried out before your day in court.
My understanding of the word comes from it's proper meaning, thus the definition provided for your education, not mine. If you were using it in some pseudo-insulting manner to label other people, then you needed to be corrected.

Yes, my perspective is based on experience and I didn't police some mild mannered suburb, I policed in Highland Park Mi.

I treated dope addicts and dope dealers with the same respect and professionalism, many times those same people I took to jail informed me when other criminals had it out for me. They did it because I never assumed my badge was a licence to treat anyone like crap!!

If you resisted my LAWFUL commands then yes there would be a problem, but it would be utterly stupid of me or any other police officer to order citizens to vacate the street and remain in their homes because I was conducting a traffic stop.

Yeah, this officer was lucky he did this to a nice, respectful, mild mannered woman. Try this in a ghetto or urban area where people aren't intimidated by being arrested and going to jail. Try to make people get off the side walk or go in their homes. After they chased you off their block your shift commander would spend the next hour telling you what a dumb azz you were for trying to incite a mob.

I don't give a rat's posterior whether you believe I was a police Officer or not, the fact remains that this officer acted unlawfully, and with willful disregard of another's life.

You make all the excuses you want, anyone with common sense will see right through them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Prime example why I don't like unions. The union rep added nothing to the discussion and even went against the word of another officer to defend this criminal cop.
I support unions a majority of the time. Sometimes right is right and wrong is wrong, this union guy should have just said that the matter is under investigation and until then the union could not comment on an ongoing investigation.

However this union guy keeps telling us the officer is innocent until proven guilty, and he seems like a slimy snake trying to double talk us into believing this guy is somehow innocent of the actual incident.

It's not the unions job to hand this guy over but it's also not their job to protect a murderer.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:33 PM

Nope, the point remains that an officer executed a civilian and should be made to pay the piper. The punch isn't lost because there are multiple threads ongoing that display the wanton disregard for citizen's rights and the abuse of police authority. The second thread is the actions of a police officer believing he has the lawful authority to demand that people have to vacate their front yards because he's on a traffic stop. So like I said before take out the misplaced statement of mins and the rest remains the same..

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-23-2011 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: response to deleted post

Old 06-23-2011, 08:08 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,677,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Nope, the point remains that an officer executed a civilian and should be made to pay the piper. The punch isn't lost because there are multiple threads ongoing that display the wanton disregard for citizen's rights and the abuse of police authority. The second thread is the actions of a police officer believing he has the lawful authority to demand that people have to vacate their front yards because he's on a traffic stop. So like I said before take out the misplaced statement of mins and the rest remains the same..
The point remains that you have no idea what happened and this officer deserves his day in court just like any other person arrested for a crime. That is what is called due process in America. Any noob probie just out of the academy knows that.

You seem to assume I think this person is innocent. That would be wrong on your part.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:35 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,090,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The cop union will protect the coptard and we shall have another example of why it's best to remain servile to our government masters.
Of course they will. They will even go to the extreme to slime and defame the person murdered.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bas...wyer_defen.php

Old 06-23-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
The point remains that you have no idea what happened and this officer deserves his day in court just like any other person arrested for a crime. That is what is called due process in America. Any noob probie just out of the academy knows that.

You seem to assume I think this person is innocent. That would be wrong on your part.
Spout what you want . No one says the officer will not receive a trial and the point is I do know what happened in that house. A senior officer present on the scene has given a statement as to the events that transpired and it amounts to murder.

Yeah, give him his trail then send him off to prison.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:41 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,150,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Quite true....

Sad what moral cowards Americans have become.
That's absolutely right.

Police are under local civilian control. The people can end this nonsense any time they want, they just have to want to end it. They don't even have to wait until November 2012. They can circulate a recall petition and fire the mayor and city council for failure to follow instructions, malfeasance, failure to perform, etc etc etc.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
It's a shame, I now hide my head in shame when my friends ask me about today's police officers.

I've been in shoot outs and I have shot people, but every single one of them had a gun and it was pointed at me or they were firing at me.

Many more times it was a matter of talking, wrestling, beating, or numerically overwhelming a resisting suspect, we used mace, cs, ASP batons, and some of the old timers used black jacks or saps (very effective) today's officer is too quick to escalate the small things.

Officers used to get off work, we had our private bars and we got drunk, felt on private dancers, played cards, and talked *****. Anything to decompress before we went home or came back to work.

Where I worked, the union payed for an Olympic level weight room and I spent 90 minutes every other day lifting, it relieved stress and guaranteed that if I had to hit someone two times usually did the trick.

This officer is going to kill again, wound someone, harass someone, or frame someone. The officers I worked with would shun him for years.

The officers I used to hang with were much the same. More often than not, if hands were put upon it was because the person became combative physically first. Totally understandable that...well the asphalt is hard right? But looks, tone or even un-said remarks (body language) are escalated to immediate threat levels. A lot of the tension and in my opinion "anger" came w/ the integration of CQB tactics and ethos into police interaction(s).

The reason more cops are afraid of getting video-taped is b/c of incidents and actions like this officer.

I agree. This officer if left on the force WILL kill again, or will finally meet someone who will meet force w/ force.

And then we'll have Associations across the country using that incident to ratchet up further CQB-military type actions w/in their training and as just cause for their aggression.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:44 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That's absolutely right.

Police are under local civilian control. The people can end this nonsense any time they want, they just have to want to end it. They don't even have to wait until November 2012. They can circulate a recall petition and fire the mayor and city council for failure to follow instructions, malfeasance, failure to perform, etc etc etc.
The cops run a very effective campaign of macing, tazering, clubbing and shooting anyone who dare to protest, into submission.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Spout what you want . No one says the officer will not receive a trial and the point is I do know what happened in that house. A senior officer present on the scene has given a statement as to the events that transpired and it amounts to murder.

Yeah, give him his trail then send him off to prison.

Send him off to prison? How about strap him to a gurney, and inject him or whatever method AZ uses.

Kill a cop, you get the death penalty. A cop kills...well what's good for the goose, and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies