Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 12:38 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
@Ceece different people handle news like that in different ways
No! It was BEFORE he knew his friend had died. It makes me wonder about the mental stability of these guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 12:49 AM

545 posts, read 400,355 times
I wonder where are all the "its my right to drink and drive" people?

there was some recent threads about drinking and driving and a number of people there thought that had some god-given right to intoxicate themselves and get behind a 3 ton metal machine and drive at high speeds on the roads and endanger families and others...why?...well "because they got lucky last week so they should be able to do it again...only time to take action is when someone is actually hurt or killed...its silly to try to take any preventative measures because it violates their civil rights"....or some asinine, entitled, selfish reasoning like that...one poster thought that he should have the right to drive as drunk, as fast, and even down the wrong lane if he wanted and that all these "traffic laws" were violating his "civil rights"..or some crap like that..

so ,here we have a person that got as drunk as we want and went as fast as he wanted...now he payed the price...so I wonder....what do the "its my right to drink, drive and endanger everyone" people have to say to this news....or do they think this is propaganda from MADD to get donations or something?..wouldn't surprise me..

Old 06-23-2011, 12:49 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
I will never say that i am happy that someone has died no matter how or who they are, i just won't go there, because of his stupidity his family and those that care about him, are the ones who will suffer.

This is what i hate with a passion, and sorry it is true, but those that have a capacity to drink so much and cannot handle their liquor, in no way should drive, this also go's for some of the thick heads i know who have done this in the past it is wrong. One false move, and you either can kill yourself, or the innocent people around you. So many feel they can handle their liquor, one false move behind a machine and that is it. People have a right to do as they choose, but drinking and driving, is a death sentence waiting to happen.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:06 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I used to watch Siskel and Ebert way back when they were on PBS on At The Movies. I always thought Siskel was the better of the two to give opinions and reviews. Ebert just had a large ego and let his personal tastes get in the way of giving honest and accurate reviews whereas Siskel was more objective and more concerned about the actual quality of the film.
Ebert's has had his share of problems and has become more cynical and less prone to keep his personal opinions in check. I don't consider the Jackass films to even be films, just videos some people like to watch, like the Girls Gone Wild videos or YOU Tube reality videos. Its too bad the guy died, but he was drunk and thats the end of it. You don't have to comment on it, it happens every day. I'm not sure Ebert's opinion even matters or is relevant.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:17 AM

59,052 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Police: 'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn was drunk and driving over 132 mph - CNN.com

People lambasted Ebert for putting this idiot down. Now, he has been proven to be right on.

This "jackass" idiot is a MURDERER. I don't care what he did, 2, 6, 10 yrs ago. He got into a car, with a blood alcohol content of .19 and drove between 130 and 140 miles an hour, KILLING his passenger. It makes HIM a MURDERER.

I have NO sympathy for him. NONE. ZIP. ZILCH. ZERO. I hope the family of the dead man sues the hell out of the estate of Dunn and takes every single dime he has...and then some.
He should move to Massachusetts and run for Senator.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:19 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
He should not apologize for this, but he should apologize for being a liberal and an enemy of the United States. Also for recommending some gay ass movies to the general public.
?????
What does this have to do with the topic?
Oh yeah, nothing at all.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:29 AM

88 posts, read 132,666 times
I wonder how many people would still be crying for this moron had he run down a mom and her three kids.

And it's sort of funny to hear people say "oh, he made a terrible mistake"....

Mashing the gas pedal to the floor in excess of 120mph, after you knowingly got in your car wasted? That's no mistake. Those are conscious and deliberate decisions.

Darwin Award of the year, your new leader in the Clubhouse: Ryan Dunn.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:14 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Police: 'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn was drunk and driving over 132 mph - CNN.com

People lambasted Ebert for putting this idiot down. Now, he has been proven to be right on.

This "jackass" idiot is a MURDERER. I don't care what he did, 2, 6, 10 yrs ago. He got into a car, with a blood alcohol content of .19 and drove between 130 and 140 miles an hour, KILLING his passenger. It makes HIM a MURDERER.

I have NO sympathy for him. NONE. ZIP. ZILCH. ZERO. I hope the family of the dead man sues the hell out of the estate of Dunn and takes every single dime he has...and then some.
What do you do if you see your friend, who is known to be reckless, about to get in a fast car and drive while they're obviously drunk?

Answer: You take their keys and call them a cab. You DO NOT get in the car with them.

I had a friend who would try and drive every time she drank too much. I took her keys. I made her leave her car in the parking lot. We got a cab home. I eventually dissuaded her from driving to the bar in the first place.

Anybody that lets their friend get in a car and drive while hammered is also culpable. If you can't get the keys, get the bartender to help. Otherwise, if something happens, the bartender is also going to be held responsible. There is potential for several ruined lives.

To go ahead and get in the car with them is ridiculous, and just as reckless.

This wasn't murder, it was suicide.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:21 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,285 times
Quote:
Your kidding me? I guess your son or daughter made a decision when they got behind the wheel of a car, and someone, ANYONE, was drunk, driving a 140 mph, slammed into them and killed them.

If only that woman wouldn't have worn revealing clothings; she wouldn't have been raped. If only my wife would have made dinner; I wouldn't have beaten her a$$.

My god. People can make an excuse over ANYTHING. The A$$HOLE is a MURDERER. If he were alive today, he would be charged with MURDER. HE is no better, then the thousands of people, sitting on death row today.

No wonder criminals walk away everyday. Liberal sentiment such as this.
+20 for working in a liberal slam in your post. Good job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies