Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 09:36 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,750,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I didn't know you were out creating jobs

Millenials are holding it down. We're making do with what we were given.
Did you know there are predictions that up to 45% of menial jobs will be replaced with robotics over the next 1-2 decades?

Robots may do to jobs what mechanisation did to horses

What you have been "given" is going to shrink even further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 09:43 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,084,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Did you know there are predictions that up to 45% of menial jobs will be replaced with robotics over the next 1-2 decades?

Robots may do to jobs what mechanisation did to horses

What you have been "given" is going to shrink even further.
Yep.

I'll put it this way, from my own business and industry, I recognize that there could be "layoffs" as a result to technology. It's either capitalize, change your strategy, or go the way of the dinosaurs.

I think you hit on the major issue. And why some of these posters 'just don't get it.'

There are currently not enough jobs in the Economy, let alone well paying jobs that let you live out of debt and independently. There are no current trends to reverse that and I'm not sure if its something the private sector can fix sense the major corporations are in bed with the government.

So you have the issue of high unemployment, stagnant wages, rising prices and a predatory banking and "justice" system.

It's a recipe for disaster.

I think our biggest asset as Millenials is that we (so far) tend to be able to look beyond our Political party for the most part. If we can do that, we can do anything, because we'll control the government. We're the largest demographic now and the most influential because we're coming of age.

It's going to be #TheMovement vs. the 2 major parties coming up in 2016. I feel both parties will try to cater to the youth's demands.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:46 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,104,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flize View Post
I'm 24
'
It helps to put your cut and paste in quotes. It appeared as if those were your words, not Nugent's.

Last edited by triple8s; 03-26-2015 at 09:56 AM..

Old 03-26-2015, 09:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,230,301 times
Yes, the millennials really are sleeping.

They buy a home and have no clue of closing costs.

Closing costs are a mystery to Millennials

When it comes to buying a home, many Millennials are in the dark about closing costs, a key figure when calculating the prices they'll ultimately pay.

That's according to a national survey released Wednesday that found roughly 2/3 of potential home buyers between the ages of 18 and 34 don't know that they'll have to pay that final bundle of fees before they close the deal.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:02 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,615,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes, the millennials really are sleeping.

They buy a home and have no clue of closing costs.

Closing costs are a mystery to Millennials

When it comes to buying a home, many Millennials are in the dark about closing costs, a key figure when calculating the prices they'll ultimately pay.

That's according to a national survey released Wednesday that found roughly 2/3 of potential home buyers between the ages of 18 and 34 don't know that they'll have to pay that final bundle of fees before they close the deal.
Worse they'll roll it into the mortgage. Then once they move in they'll need this and that and "chaarrge" their credit cards then when they awake they'll wonder where it all went wrong.

The problem is people think because they exist they deserve.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:04 AM

Housing Prices are still inflated and shouldn't be rising. Demand and supply are definitely not at an equilibrium. You have tons of Millenials at homes and still a lot of vacant housing.

It's our governments job to control certain aspects of our Economy and they're failing.

Housing prices should be dropping, not rising.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:24 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,750,844 times
Quote:
Housing Prices are still inflated and shouldn't be rising. Demand and supply are definitely not at an equilibrium. You have tons of Millenials at homes and still a lot of vacant housing.

It's our governments job to control certain aspects of our Economy and they're failing.

This is because of cheap money and the flooding of the economy with fiat currency. This can't go on forever, and at some point the printing must stop and interest rates hiked. When this happens, in the next 1-2 years, you'll see the RE market tank BIG TIME!

I can't help but feel that what is coming will dwarf 2009 in scope of theft from tax payers.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
This is because of cheap money and the flooding of the economy with fiat currency. This can't go on forever, and at some point the printing must stop and interest rates hiked. When this happens, in the next 1-2 years, you'll see the RE market tank BIG TIME!

I can't help but feel that what is coming will dwarf 2009 in scope of theft from tax payers.
I really want to take the time to dive back into the Economy. I've been focused on Police and Justice system issues so haven't been thinking of solutions for the Economy as much. Just trying to do what I can personally at this point so I'm better able to help.

I definitely think you hit the nail on the head. And I believe the floodgates opened up after the financial crisis. Which ironically is linked to the housing market and the time when fees and charges started to increase in the banking industry (the irony of even thinking about it lol).

Honestly, I think a crash wouldn't be the worst thing as long as the wealthy aren't bailed out. It would make things more affordable for the middle class and may drop housing prices enough to where more of us are able to live the American Dream.

I just have my popcorn out at this point. Just making sure I'm stable financially and going to do the best I can to help.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:55 AM

13,715 posts, read 31,057,143 times
Quote:

Housing is not a national market. It is a local market. Vacant homes in less desirable areas have nothing to do with homes in other markets.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:02 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,596,613 times
Basically I think if they want to continue what our ranking in education indicate for future versus others countries then that is their business. but if they gripe now just think of then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies