Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 02:54 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,262,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
First off, I think you are aptly named.... hotair....little value....

second, on the truck thing, I REALLY miss my truck. I own a home and just this very weekend I looked at my ford explorer and really wished I still had my truck.

had to do with needing to move some stuff that I cant without that truck bed....

mostly my cars say thus "this person needs to go from one place to another and needs room to haul his kids and all the accoutrements thusly associated"
I don't know about the statement your cars make, but your post says "I like to make personal attacks for no good reason".

Whenever we need a truck, we rent one. Saves us lots of money on payments, insurance, maintenance, and gas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 03:01 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,002,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJoe4181 View Post
I always thought BMW stood for "Bring Money With-Ya"

BMW Jokes

"A lady walks into a BMW dealership. She browses around, spots the Top-of-the-line Beemer and walks over to inspect it. As she bends over to feel the fine leather upholstery, she inadvertently breaks Wind.

Very embarrassed, she looks around nervously to see if anyone has noticed her little accident and prays that a sales person doesn't pop up right now.

As she turns around, her worst nightmare materializes in the form of a salesman standing right behind her. Cool as a cucumber and displaying complete professionalism, the salesman greets the lady With, "Good day, Madame. How may we help you today?" Very uncomfortably, but hoping that the salesman may just not have been there at the time of her accident, she asks, "Sir, what is the price of this lovely vehicle?"

He answers, "Madam, if you farted just touching it, you are going to **** yourself when I tell you the price."

Old 06-27-2011, 03:15 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,787,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
BMW Jokes

"A lady walks into a BMW dealership. She browses around, spots the Top-of-the-line Beemer and walks over to inspect it. As she bends over to feel the fine leather upholstery, she inadvertently breaks Wind.

Very embarrassed, she looks around nervously to see if anyone has noticed her little accident and prays that a sales person doesn't pop up right now.

As she turns around, her worst nightmare materializes in the form of a salesman standing right behind her. Cool as a cucumber and displaying complete professionalism, the salesman greets the lady With, "Good day, Madame. How may we help you today?" Very uncomfortably, but hoping that the salesman may just not have been there at the time of her accident, she asks, "Sir, what is the price of this lovely vehicle?"

He answers, "Madam, if you farted just touching it, you are going to **** yourself when I tell you the price."
Cue Activia commercial.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:19 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,927,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I don't know about the statement your cars make, but your post says "I like to make personal attacks for no good reason".
I think that about covers it.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:21 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,084,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
BMW Jokes

lmao..

Old 06-28-2011, 12:59 PM

18,408 posts, read 31,532,830 times
I am not making no statement. I have a pick up truck, as i need the bed for bicycles. Since we are a big bike riding family.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:22 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,343,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Does "I paid cash" for my car even make financial sense? Most credit unions have car loans as low as 1.99%. Paying cash makes no sense with rates that low. You'd be better off hedging against the interest in the market.
I think I have paid cash for the past 3 or 4 cars. My motto "I'm too poor to pay interest" also. . . .. "too poor to get sick", so I don't!

Old 06-28-2011, 06:04 PM

46,892 posts, read 25,860,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Does "I paid cash" for my car even make financial sense? Most credit unions have car loans as low as 1.99%. Paying cash makes no sense with rates that low. You'd be better off hedging against the interest in the market.
Heh. Got 0.9% from Honda. I could leave the dough in a checking account and still be ahead.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:20 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,256,114 times
truck... i'm a landscaper, and i also like it for the fact that i can see over cars in this dc traffic, see when i'm in a parking lot, and i've noticed that less people tailgate me when i'm in a truck vs a car. tailgating is my biggest pet peeve while driving.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:31 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,624,812 times
Let's see. I had a Hummer and now I'm considering a Mini. Does that say anything about me - or my penis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies