Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 01:25 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,574,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
I drive big vehicles to **** off the left. I've got four and can afford gas at whatever price it gets to.

Stupidest topic of the day (so far).

But it's kind of a fun topic. And this board could use a little sense of humor every now and then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

44,256 posts, read 64,082,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I don't understand the need for the "fastest car availalbe" in the US since the spead limit is 55 mph in the majority of the states.

Acceration is important, but top end speed is a waste of money.
Ah, we agree, my friend...when I say fastest (perhaps erroneously), I mean the fastest 0 to 60 speed. Not top speed. I don't actually speed that much (as evidenced by the fact that I haven't gotten as many tickets as most of my friends - despite the RED cars). I just like getting to 60 or making the passes as fast as possible. It's just so much freakin' fun.

25,231 posts, read 16,856,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I am sure that some people will say that I am not trying to make a statement...I bought for XY&Z reasons. Well here is my opinion.

Truck - A person that does not use a truck for business purposes is trying to say...that she is a redneck and proud of it. Message received.

Luxury Foreign CAr , BMW 7 series etc. - They want everyone to know that they have money, whether they actually have money or not.

Prius - the main statement is I am not a Redneck. They could also be saying I am environmentally conscious. They are not saying that I am practical, because despite the savings in gas you still have to pay more for the car than you save in gas.

Subaru Outback - You are saying I am liberal, but I like to get out there are have fun, whether you actually do or not.

Honda Accord - You are saying, that I don't care about status. I am more practical.

Suburban or Mega SUV - You are telling me people that you are an idiot. It does not matter if it will fit in a parking space and only gets 8 miles to the gallon. Usually driven by women who have Penis envy.

Mustang - Corvette - Modern day muscle car - What you are trying to tell people is that you are manly or a bad ass woman. What people actually receive is that you are probably compensating for having a small wanker or the fact that you are 5'2.

Thoughts.
Which car, I have two four door sedans, a red mustang ragtop, a classic Ford truck, and three motorcycles, not to mention the boats, tractor and ATVs? Hmmmm, I must be making lots of statements, Unfortunately for the thought presented here by this thread, theories are often proven false. I am not saying some do not drive a car to make a statement, but my guess is most people drive what they enjoy and can afford.
Casper

12,436 posts, read 11,905,638 times
Quote:
I would be glad to join your carpool, but I can't offer my vehicle to contribute my fair share.

My life is not worth much, but please don't run into me.
I normally don't laugh at your posts, but this one was hilarious.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:26 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,261,252 times
Quote:
I don't understand the need for the "fastest car available" in the US since the spead limit is 55 mph in the majority of the states.

Acceleration is important, but top end speed is a waste of money.
Sometimes you need to get from Billings to Helena in one hour.

72 posts, read 63,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I drive a car that says.....

"*IF* I wanted to, I could hit this accelerator and leave you wondering what the heck just happened...but, since I am a law-abiding citizen I drive the speed limit and if you don't like it, you can kiss my patoot"

20yrsinBranson
So you've got a motorcycle? Crotch rocket I presume?

12,905 posts, read 15,574,586 times
Quote:
I normally don't laugh at your posts, but this one was hilarious.
Kumbaya!

Old 06-24-2011, 01:27 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,643,076 times
Quote:
Give me an example of a car that you drive now.
right now i have three cars, my daily driver is a 77 olds delta 88. i also have a 64 falcon and a 66 mustang, both of which are in the process of being restored as i get the money to do them.

and while the olds may be replaced in the near future with something more economical to drive, it is a nice car to drive. it is comfortable, handles reasonably well, and performs reasonably well.

the falcon has been in the family since it was bought new by my grandfather in oct 1963, and my mustang has been in the family pretty much since oct 1976. you can make what ever claims about what it says about me in regards to all three cars, but you will very likely be wrong.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:28 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,856,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
I drive big vehicles to **** off the left. I've got four and can afford gas at whatever price it gets to.

Stupidest topic of the day (so far).
Yet you posted on it to tell everyone you drive big vehicles, yeah right.
Casper

Old 06-24-2011, 01:28 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,082,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Which car, I have two four door sedans, a red mustang ragtop, a classic Ford truck, and three motorcycles, not to mention the boats, tractor and ATVs? Hmmmm, I must be making lots of statements, Unfortunately for the thought presented here by this thread, theories are often proven false. I am not saying some do not drive a car to make a statement, but my guess is most people drive what they enjoy and can afford.
Casper
Good point. I didn't even mention my motorcycle or my classic mustang.

My wife's been itching for a Segway...and she thinks SmartCars are super cute...what does that say about her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies