Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 04:21 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times

Advertisements

Anyone see a pattern?

April 2009 – New Jobless Claims Rise Unexpectedly (AP)

June 2009 – New Jobless Claims Rise Unexpectedly To 627K, 6.7M Still Unemployed (Huffington Post)

August 2009 – Jobless Claims Rise Unexpectedly (Washington Post)

October 2009 – New jobless claims rise more than expected (AP)

December 2009 – Jobless claims rise unexpectedly (Christian Science Monitor)

January 2010 – New jobless claims rise unexpectedly (AP)

February 2010 – First-time jobless claims rise unexpectedly (AP)

April 2010 – Initial jobless claims increase unexpectedly (AP)

May 2010 – New jobless claims rise unexpectedly (AP)

June 2010 – “The number of Americans seeking jobless benefits last week unexpectedly rose to a one-month high, indicating firings are staying elevated even as the U.S. economy grows.” (Bloomberg)

July 2010 – Weekly jobless claims rise unexpectedly (The Hill)

August 2010 – Stocks drop as jobless claims rise unexpectedly (AP)

September 2010 – New Jobless Claims Rise Unexpectedly (AP)

October 2010 – US initial weekly jobless claims rise unexpectedly (International Business Times)

January 2011 – “U.S. jobless claims jumped unexpectedly last week to their highest level since October, suggesting the labor market is still in a rut despite signs of improvement in the economy.” (Reuters)

February 2011 – First-time jobless claims rise unexpectedly (AP)

April 2011 – Initial Jobless Claims Rise Unexpectedly (Reuters)

May 2011 - Jobless Claims Rise Unexpectedly (Bloomberg News)

As Expected, Jobless Claims “Unexpectedly” Increase » First Thoughts | A First Things Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 04:25 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
But the tax burden of corporations and the high-income folks is at historical lows? Where's the hiring? The Republicans told me that the continuation of the Bush tax breaks for the highest brackets was necessary for job growth. Where's the growth?

Old 06-24-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
But the tax burden of corporations and the high-income folks is at historical lows? Where's the hiring? The Republicans told me that the continuation of the Bush tax breaks for the highest brackets was necessary for job growth. Where's the growth?
There you go folks

The very first post brought Bush into the fray and on top of it .. had absolutely nothing to do with the subject.

Bush's Fault

Old 06-24-2011, 04:43 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
There you go folks

The very first post brought Bush into the fray and on top of it .. had absolutely nothing to do with the subject.

Bush's Fault

Wow... How did you get that out of what I said!?!?! No wonder Fox viewers are so uninformed.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Wow... How did you get that out of what I said!?!?! No wonder Fox viewers are so uninformed.
W-e-l-l .. First you start out with 'The Republicans' and then you Had to make sure that Bush's name got thrown into it somewhere!

Not one word about how Expectedly .. the jobs numbers were Unexpected

Read Much?

Old 06-24-2011, 05:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Small business make up most of American jobs. Be worried about their tax burden and lack of expansion and not these multi-nationals that produce offshore nor rich Americans that don't directly hire people.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:28 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
You are joking right? Please God, tell me your joking.. You realize you, by no fault of your own it's an impulsive reaction among your people, threw Bush's name out there and deflected the OP's data by blaming Bush..

Now your blaming Fox News..

ROTFLMAO! Your kind makes me smile everyday!

Old 06-24-2011, 05:56 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
So what's the news here? Who were these "rises" unexpected to and who the hell cares that jobs didn't grow at the pace whoever expected them to. We've gained 2 million jobs since April 09 which is actually what matters not that jobless claims were higher than "expected". In many of those months they were actually down. Are you kidding me? "expected" LMAO..Try again.

I expect more out of every thread I open but what do I get? This foolishness.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
So what's the news here? Who were these "rises" unexpected to and who the hell cares that jobs didn't grow at the pace whoever expected them to. We've gained 2 million jobs since April 09 which is actually what matters not that jobless claims were higher than "expected". In many of those months they were actually down. Are you kidding me? "expected" LMAO..Try again.

I expect more out of every thread I open but what do I get? This foolishness.
Sad

Reading is fundamental .. Please try to do so.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:05 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Sad

Reading is fundamental .. Please try to do so.
I comprehend very well. It's of absolutely no meaning. The only thing this shows is that the "expecters" are usually wrong. If that makes you feel good, have at it. What whomever "expects" does not change what is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies