Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 09:39 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
Horrifying. These politicians do not realize the floodgates they have lifted.
I am absolutely loving watching the holier than thous freak out over this. Roughly 9% of Americans now live where gay marriage is legal. Soon enough it will be 100%.

Fricking awesome!

Old 06-24-2011, 09:41 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,009,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
you were the one that said this wasn't going to happen EVER... and it did..
it's going to just gain more ground.. you really need to come to terms with reality and what is right for ALL families. Gay couples have children, and YES even their own biological children...those children deserve the same legal security and structure in society that yours do.. two parents partnering together to build a life and take care of their family..
I said that this is not what the American people want. Our politicians continue to ignore the screams and pleas of hardworking Americans. The last time that happened they were replaced in record numbers. This will be replaced if they continue to ignore our cries.

Give the gays the concessions that come along with marriage, but don't call it marriage. Call it a gay bonding ceremony or something to that effect. Be creative.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:41 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
many people against gay marriage use the 5% of the population card, to say that they're such a small group of people, they don't deserve to be heard....
Keep in mind.. America is LESS than 5% of the world population..
if every american were gay.. it still would not encompass all the gay people in the world that exist

Old 06-24-2011, 09:42 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Good work, New York.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
I said that this is not what the American people want. Our politicians continue to ignore the screams and pleas of hardworking Americans. The last time that happened they were replaced in record numbers. This will be replaced if they continue to ignore our cries.

Give the gays the concessions that come along with marriage, but don't call it marriage. Call it a gay bonding ceremony or something to that effect. Be creative.
so gays aren't hard working americans?
separate but equal is not equal, our courts have ruled on this already..

Old 06-24-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Please explain to me exactly what impact this has on your marriage?
This has effectively cheapened my marriage. We are just opening to doors to who can take part in a special ceremony that should be excluded to a man and woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
I am absolutely loving watching the holier than thous freak out over this. Roughly 9% of Americans now live where gay marriage is legal. Soon enough it will be 100%.

Fricking awesome!
It will be repealed. I'm sure gay Californians were running laps of joy when politicians conceded to their demands. We see how that was reversed. Just because it has been granted does not mean it can't be taken away.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:44 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,003 times
Will it help the economy? Thats the important thing right now. If 2 dudes want to set up house then go right ahead, lets just not lose focus on fixing whats broke.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
so gays aren't hard working americans?
separate but equal is not equal, our courts have ruled on this already..
They make up such a small minority. We need to vote for the good of this country. Allowing Jose to marry Chris goes against the direction we should be moving in.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
They make up such a small minority. We need to vote for the good of this country. Allowing Jose to marry Chris goes against the direction we should be moving in.
in your opinion

then why are you as an american allowed to be so vocal on the world stage when you are only 5% of the world population?

every voice is important! every injustice deserves justice!

Old 06-24-2011, 09:48 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,545,483 times
Quote:
It will be repealed. I'm sure gay Californians were running laps of joy when politicians conceded to their demands. We see how that was reversed. Just because it has been granted does not mean it can't be taken away.
No its not, NY is different from California as its much harder to get something like this on a ballot to even think about repealing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post

Fricking awesome!
100% might be wishful thinking, at least anytime in the near future. I just don't see too many of the "bible belt" areas ever legalizing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies