Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 01:06 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times

Advertisements

Luckily, the VP usually don't do anything (or mean anything) unless something happens to the President...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 01:06 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Both are numbskulls, but if I had to choose, I'd <gasp> take Palin, the lessor of two evils.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:07 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Yeah Cantor left the talks but Biden was supposed to be the guy that held it all together (he is the Vice President after all).

His leadership has failed on this matter.

No, Cantor failed. He's acting as a leader for the GOP on this one and he "walked out." That's the mature, adult way to handle talks, isn't it?

But, I know what the deal is:

If Cantor walks out like a sniveling 2-year-old, it's Biden's fault.

If Biden were to stop the negotiations because the GOP is uncompromising, it would have Biden's fault.

It rained today when the weatherman called for sun, crap, it's Biden's fault.

Got it.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:08 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
We constantly hear from the left about what they perceive as Palin's shortcomings.

Let us not forget Biden's plagiarism.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
We constantly hear from the left about what they perceive as Palin's shortcomings.

Let us not forget Biden's plagiarism.

No one is denying Joe's screw ups. The question put forth was how could Palin be any worse of a VP than Biden. Several posters pointed out how they thought she could have. That's the point of this thread--they are both big dummies. No one's saying Joe's not had his moments.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:13 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
No, Cantor failed. He's acting as a leader on for the GOP on this one and he "walked out." That's the mature, adult way to handle talks, isn't it?

If Biden were to stop the negotiations because the GOP is uncompromising, it would have Biden's fault.

Got it.
Personally I think the GOP calling a halt to this charade is fantastic. And I hope and pray 2 August arrives and we 'default' (which is a joke since we won't default - we've been here several times in the last 20 years). The adults in the room are the GOP and they're wrestling with a temper tantrum throwing Dem party which is whining hysterically because the GOP and the American people won't let them bankrupt the country faster than they already are!

Old 06-25-2011, 01:14 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
No, Cantor failed. He's acting as a leader for the GOP on this one and he "walked out." That's the mature, adult way to handle talks, isn't it?

Got it.
Alrighty then.

What EXACTLY did Biden do to hold these talks together.

(Might I remind you he is the overall leader as Vice President at these negotiations.)

Old 06-25-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Personally I think the GOP calling a halt to this charade is fantastic. And I hope and pray 2 August arrives and we 'default' (which is a joke since we won't default - we've been here several times in the last 20 years). The adults in the room are the GOP and they're wrestling with a temper tantrum throwing Dem party which is whining hysterically because the GOP and the American people won't let them bankrupt the country faster than they already are!

Really, I read that while the Dems put forth some spending cuts, they wanted the GOP to reciprocate (compromise) with some tax increases. They won't do it. Period. Sounds like they won't budge on their side.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:

Got it.
It is obvious you haven't "got it". It is a leaders job to lead. If things start breaking down it is the leaders job to overcome those objections and keep the people working.

Maybe if Biden didn't act out like "a sniveling 2-year-old", demanding "my way or no way", Cantor may have stayed.

You see both can play your game.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
No one is denying Joe's screw ups. The question put forth was how could Palin be any worse of a VP than Biden. Several posters pointed out how they thought she could have. That's the point of this thread--they are both big dummies. No one's saying Joe's not had his moments.
Unlike you, I don't call people dummies because I may not agree with them. Name calling is a sign of immaturity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies