Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 10:17 AM

175 posts, read 273,717 times

Advertisements

I was viewing a video on youtube taht clearly and sometimes jokingly makes a threat towards our president. Does anyone know the best way to contact to get this video viewed by important people so they can judge if its very inappropriate or not?

thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 05:43 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthealien View Post
I was viewing a video on youtube taht clearly and sometimes jokingly makes a threat towards our president. Does anyone know the best way to contact to get this video viewed by important people so they can judge if its very inappropriate or not?

thanks.
First, your thread isn't getting any play. Kind of annoying, huh? But i'm here to help...

Personally I think threats of death or violence against the President probably ought to be taken seriously. I would not threaten the President's life anywhere, but especially on YouTube. For one thing, I like the President, and for another thing, I'm afraid the threat would come back to haunt me. I think such things violate Federal law.

As for general threats over the internet, or YouTube in particular, who cares? I was first threatened on the Net about ten years ago. I can't remember the circumstances, but I probably said something pretty benign. It might have been a redneck joke or something, and someone got offended. Anyhow, such threats are kind of silly, when it comes right down to it. I mean, the guy could track down every Galileo Smith in the world and I can be pretty sure that we'd never meet.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:54 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Go to this website and follow the how-to directions for reporting a thread to a protectee. It's up to them to decide if a thread is serious, or not.

http://www.secretservice.gov/faq.shtml

Old 06-25-2011, 05:55 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,521,791 times
I just deleted what I was going to write, which amounted to quite a berating... but I'll suspend my initial commentary for now and approach this a different way. Since the video in question sounds like it may be a political video (or partially dedicated to politics), and since this is a political discussion group, you should post a link to the video in question. Anyone that wants can critique the substance of the video itself, as well as can offer commentary on your concern.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:16 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,299,079 times
There's a flag-shaped button that says "flag as inappropriate." Simple as that.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:19 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,062 times
Maybe someone should have taken Jared Loughner more seriously.

I think threats made at our elected officials should be taken seriously, investigated,and prosecuted.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:31 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,090,819 times
Contact your local field office. There is an email contact list, fwd them the link and why you think there is a threat. An agent may or may not contact you. The threat will be investigated. If deemed appropriate an Agent will pursue from there.

United States Secret Service: Field Office Contact Information

Old 06-25-2011, 08:01 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
George W. Bush, along with his Patriot Act, made metaphors Ill Eagle, man.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:08 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthealien View Post

thanks.
What was the video? Link please?

Old 06-25-2011, 08:12 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Maybe someone should have taken Jared Loughner more seriously.

I think threats made at our elected officials should be taken seriously, investigated,and prosecuted.
He didn't threaten anybody.

He just asked a question, and responded badly to the answer.

The famous question was, "If words have no meaning, how can you have a Government?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies