Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 07:40 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,167,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Damn man, trolling is a full time job for you isn't it?

You've got almost 5,000 post worth of troll.
I'm not surprised he is allowed to get away with it on this forum.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:45 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,832,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I'm not surprised he is allowed to get away with it on this forum.
You've got almost twice as many posts that I have and you're accusing me of trolling?

Old 06-25-2011, 07:51 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,327,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I don't need to google anything, I'm well educated on the subject. Discussing minor mental disorders like homosexuality has been a hobby of mine for years. It started when a friend tried to convince me that homosexuality was a sin and was a choice made by the person which really made no sense to me at all.
You asked me for proof when I said that homosexuals can be helpful to society and our species, and that there are genetic reasons for it. I provided you with proof.

You can't provide proof yourself?

Seriously, if you don't like homosexuals, don't be one. But stay out of everyone elses business. You are free to think its whatever you like. My grandfather thinks that black people are the descendants of Cain, who killed his brother, so they are evil.

There is no scientific proof for such an asinine concept, and it will die with him, as yours will likely die with you.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You asked me for proof when I said that homosexuals can be helpful to society and our species, and that there are genetic reasons for it. I provided you with proof.

You can't provide proof yourself?

Seriously, if you don't like homosexuals, don't be one. But stay out of everyone elses business. You are free to think its whatever you like. My grandfather thinks that black people are the descendants of Cain, who killed his brother, so they are evil.

There is no scientific proof for such an asinine concept, and it will die with him, as yours will likely die with you.
Your grandfather being an old ignorant bigot has nothing to do with me stating widely accepted medical facts.

What proof do you want?

Old 06-25-2011, 07:57 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,375,647 times
Quote:
I've seen a lot of threads here on CD talking about the alarming rate of teen suicide in the homosexual community, there are quite a few groups that fight to stop this trend and help these kids so that they know there are alternatives to suicide. It's also widely known that suicide is generally connected to mental instability.

Suicide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If we know that suicide is often linked to a mental disorder why aren't we approaching this issue differently? We treat all sorts of mental disorders and we go out of our way to make people dealing with minor and major mental disorders feel more accepted in society like they should be. If we all show compassion towards homosexuals who are dealing with this mental disorder wouldn't it greatly lessen the risk of teen suicide in the gay community?
I applaud the state of NY for their vote yesterday to allow gay marriage, this is a huge step to showing that the society as a whole is becoming more accepting of the disorder and it shows that people who are affected by it can lead completely normal lives in a family atmosphere and even with adopted children.

I feel that we as a country don't do near enough to combat gay bullying in our schools, we protect people with all sorts of problems and issues (mental and physical) but we provide very little support for this one mental disorder which in turn leads to a large number of teen suicides each year. How can we move forward and protect these kids in need while making them feel accepted regardless of their condition?
Did'ya coom heer ta peck a fight?

Old 06-25-2011, 07:58 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,294,035 times
Backspace, please state, in five words or less, the actual topic/point of this thread.

19,045 posts, read 25,142,387 times
Quote:
Your grandfather being an old ignorant bigot has nothing to do with me stating widely accepted medical facts.

What proof do you want?
They are not widely accepted medical facts. And if the APA is not accepting them then they're not accepted by anybody whose opinion matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Did'ya coom heer ta peck a fight?
Only with people who attack and harass homosexuals as if they have a choice in the matter.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:59 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,164,889 times
Quote:
You've got almost twice as many posts that I have and you're accusing me of trolling?
He's got 8k in post in two and a half years, you've got almost 5k in less than one.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:09 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,341,997 times
Quote:
I've seen a lot of threads here on CD talking about the alarming rate of teen suicide in the homosexual community, there are quite a few groups that fight to stop this trend and help these kids so that they know there are alternatives to suicide. It's also widely known that suicide is generally connected to mental instability.

Suicide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If we know that suicide is often linked to a mental disorder why aren't we approaching this issue differently? We treat all sorts of mental disorders and we go out of our way to make people dealing with minor and major mental disorders feel more accepted in society like they should be. If we all show compassion towards homosexuals who are dealing with this mental disorder wouldn't it greatly lessen the risk of teen suicide in the gay community?
I applaud the state of NY for their vote yesterday to allow gay marriage, this is a huge step to showing that the society as a whole is becoming more accepting of the disorder and it shows that people who are affected by it can lead completely normal lives in a family atmosphere and even with adopted children.

I feel that we as a country don't do near enough to combat gay bullying in our schools, we protect people with all sorts of problems and issues (mental and physical) but we provide very little support for this one mental disorder which in turn leads to a large number of teen suicides each year. How can we move forward and protect these kids in need while making them feel accepted regardless of their condition?
Homophobia is the problem, not homosexuality.

Your post is disingenous and rather sickening in it's fake "concern".

It's a shame you didn't use the "Backspace" before you posted this thread.

Last edited by Ceist; 06-25-2011 at 08:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies