Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 06:29 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What do you say about my dislike of the EPA. I was excited about that bunch when they were created and were trying to clean up the air. I am not so excited about the way they are trying now to put Obama's cap and trade policies into effect without the Congress being included since the Congress failed to give him cap and trade. That last bit of EPA crap aimed at doing to the coal industry what Obama promised in his campaign is most of what I am talking about.

Keep talking about HUD and making sure we all know that both parties have used it. However, no part of that use of HUD by either of them comes close to what the EPA has done the past 2 years. I wonder when enough people will realize what they have done to the coal industry and the electric power industry. It will be too late but it will happen. It is just like what Obama and group are doing to us with his refusal to follow the orders of federal judges concerning oil.
Carbon emissions through caps is a Republican idea. It forces the free market to innovate, which is conservative to the core. Reagan even went with that and CFC's.

I think the EPA should focus on large businesses though, and not the small business man. This would force large corporations to split themselves up to make smaller companies, which creates more jobs, or it forces them to change their their emissions. I'm not against carbon emissions mind you, but I do like moving away from fuels that emit anything, and moving towards an economy with a renewable resource.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 06:43 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't know about you but too many left leaners here don't really know who and now budgets get passed by. So very few know that there were two years with Democrat control of the Congress that we didn't have a budget. In fact, Dirty Harry could stand to read that part of the Constitution to find out why they are supposed to pass a budget each year. I don't think that many Dems really understand just how wrong Reid was when he said that.

Of course, not understanding about budgets and why they are to be passed by the Congress instead of taken care of by the Executive Department as they have been the last two years.

Yep, I think there was a good civics lesson right there and also think that letting you of the left understand that the Dems have been responsible for the last 4 budgets and only did it twice to keep Bush from doing what Obama has.

I will watch to see you get excited about my threads from now on to see if you really do understand the purpose of them. Yes, this blog is a righty one but do you really think I would post from a left one? How about you and the right? You expect me to do what you would do and shoot at me for doing what I do. Is that not a great example of left handed attacking the messenger?
No, it's a great example of you never taking the time to come up with a thought on your own that is not attached to a RW blog.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:47 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Anyone who feel that the current economic issues aren't tied to 8 years of Republican lead politics and the Bush administration, simply aren't living in the realm in reality.

I think everyone knows when the economy started going in the tank, and it wasn't in 2009.
Anyone who doesn't believe it started BEFORE Bush was in power is also similarly delusional.

I will always be upset that he didn't fix what Clinton started...I understand it would have been unpopular to do so (bc people would have seen it as 'mean' and not thought about the long-term effects), but I am not blaming Bush alone for this mess.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:49 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Anyone who doesn't believe it started BEFORE Bush was in power is also similarly delusional.

I will always be upset that he didn't fix what Clinton started...I understand it would have been unpopular to do so (bc people would have seen it as 'mean' and not thought about the long-term effects), but I am not blaming Bush alone for this mess.
I agree, thats what I'm saying. You can trace it all the way back to Reagan, if not further. All administrations and congresses, Republican and Democratic alike can be blamed for failing to fix the budget.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:52 AM

It's tough for anyone to do when all they can think about is kissing enough ass to get re-elected.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:18 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,914 times
What a suprise....more head in the sand, out of touch with reality right-wing drivel. Nothing new to see here!

Old 06-26-2011, 07:19 AM

I think it's hilarious you guys want to argue right-wing vs left-wing when it's clear both parties could give a rat's ass about you, your welfare, or your livelihood.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:26 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,914 times
Quote:
I agree, thats what I'm saying. You can trace it all the way back to Reagan, if not further. All administrations and congresses, Republican and Democratic alike can be blamed for failing to fix the budget.
What you say is the reasoned and level-headed view. This same thought process can be applied to about 90% of all our problems...Both sides are to be blamed. But, sadly, the climate talk-radio and Faux News has created is one of where, people like the OP, are more interested in finding any and every reason under the sun to point fingers and blame 'liberals'(who is basically anyone who disagrees with the talk-radiot/Faux News talking pinheads) and Satan himself, Obama.

I truely believe these people would rather see America fail miserably if it means they can blame Obama and 'liberals', rather than see us succeed if it means it happens while 'libs' are in control.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:40 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
The troubles of this economy go directly back to the people that think Direct TV, PlayStations, cell phones and gas are entitlements these days. Logical people knew what a slippery slope that would be and we still went down that slope (with oiled up skis).

Debts are a symptom, not the disease.

The disease is entitlement spending. Not only is it politically untouchable, which means it's a one-way street, it's such a bloated system that feeds itself. The more you give people the more they feel entitledthe more they vote for themselves.

These people won't give up one red cent of that welfare either until they're all 80 lbs, < 5'1" , living with 16 family members and living of Ramen. And they won't be happy till everyone else is just like them.

Is that you?

Old 06-26-2011, 07:44 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

Quote:
SUMMARY: HUD is proposing changes to its regulations governing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (collectively, the government sponsored enterprises or GSEs) to reinforce the efforts of HUD and the GSEs to prevent predatory lending practices. The changes proposed by this rule would allow HUD to keep up-to-date with and combat new predatory lending practices as they are discovered and, therefore, strengthen HUD's oversight role in monitoring GSE practices to ensure that the loans the GSEs purchase are not contrary to responsible lending practices. DATES: Comment Due Date: August 7, 2006.
Regulations.gov

Too late, democrats will be taking over next year (circa 2007) and you can guarantee they won't be reversing anything in the housing market. Not that it wasn't too late anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies