Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 05:56 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,953,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Okay, they are technically spokespeople, but they aren't nearly as relevant. Happy? I think you know exactly what I meant but you want to try to tear apart my argument based on bad choice of words.
It would be at this point where we both can honestly say we are BOTH correct and part in agreement.

Yes, I understood what you were saying.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:59 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,536,363 times
Dear reconmark,

Post #25

I wrote:

Quote:
White people don't have self-appointed racial spokespeople.
You responded:

Quote:
That was a stupid statement, send David Duke, Hal Turner, and James Edwards an email and tell them you fired them!!!...
Post #32

I wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, you see those guys on CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS and ABC all the time.

They are often quoted in the New York Times, Washington Post and the Los Angeles Times, too.

And they are also guest columnists for the Huffington Post as well.

They are totally all over the mainstream mass media.

Great comeback!

Any more political celebrities on the forefront of American discourse you wish to add? lol.
Post #34

You respond to what I wrote:
Quote:
Who cares what format they use???..

You claimed there are no white people that present themselves as spokespeople for white people!!

I just named you three of them, sorry but the stutter and deflect dosen't work!!!
Post #60

I respond to your response:
Quote:
I never wrote "there are no white people that present themselves as spokespeople for white people". You are misquoting because your argument has been deflated.

I wrote: "White people don't have self-appointed racial spokespeople."

Or in other words, "White mainstream America hasn't gathered around and thrown support to one or two people who claim to speak for White America." But you knew that.

You tried but failed. I can't say I blame you, though.
Post #64 you respond to my post #60:
Quote:
Is there a number of times in one day you can fail to come off as clueless???..

NO ONE ever atributted that statement to you!!!...oh jeezzuss!!

SamBarrow
befriend
Status: "Liberalism - Ideas so good, they have to be mandatory." (set 13 days ago) Join Date: Jun 2011
578 posts, read 46,087 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark
When was the last "white" spokesman that you heard going before the public and denouncing any actions of white people doing bad things simply because the people were white???..

When did the last "white" spokesman exist? You don't see any white people come out and defend white criminals on the basis of race.

Sam Barrow made the comment that you don't see white people coming out, etc.

Do try to keep up!!!
Now explain how I'm not keeping up?

Last edited by clb10; 06-26-2011 at 06:09 PM..

Old 06-26-2011, 06:06 PM

956 posts, read 1,112,314 times
Quote:
I know that most black people don't, but a few of those so called "leaders" like the ones mentioned definitely do and I think it's disgusting.
Well there are white people out there who try to justify the criminal behavior committed by their own, and it is equally as disgusting. And personally, as empathetic as I feel for the victim of this crime, you would have a hard time making me feel guilty or even remotely responsible for the actions of those eight men. Sadly I suspect that that is the reaction you are hoping for...

Old 06-26-2011, 06:14 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,853,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Well there are white people out there who try to justify the criminal behavior committed by their own, and it is equally as disgusting. And personally, as empathetic as I feel for the victim of this crime, you would have a hard time making me feel guilty or even remotely responsible for the actions of those eight men. Sadly I suspect that that is the reaction you are hoping for...
Well I'm glad you know what's in my head better than I do but if you could read and have a little common sense you'd see that is obviously not what I'm expecting.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:45 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,406,212 times
Of course this is not going to be charged as a hate crime because the victim is white and the media is biased pile of crap. In reality, the eight black youths should be charged with a hate crime.

Screw double standards; screw them all the way to Hell. This crap pisses me off. People just need to wake up to these damn racist double standards.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:23 PM

785 posts, read 618,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I don't understand your statement. Blacks are more likely to be prosecuted with hate-crime enhancements than whites.

The US is about 12% black, but roughly 20% of people prosecuted with hate crime enhancements are black.
The US is about 73% white, but roughly 62% of people prosecuted with hate crime enhancements are white.

FBI — Uniform Crime Reports
so, Blacks make up more of a % of the perps of hate crimes than their % of the total pop, and whites less! Wow, very telling. Also considering that to designate something a hate crime is a political one, with most DA's making the call. THey more often than not back down from charging blacks with this charge.

It only emboldens the racists that exist within the black community. Note, I did not say ALL blacks behave this way, i mentioned the ones that do within their community.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:59 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,477,615 times
Quote:
People just need to wake up to these damn racist double standards.
They are.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:24 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,707,530 times
Quote:
My only point was that guys like that will try to protect criminals. There are no comparably reputable white spokespeople who would take the same position. Name one please. And David Duke is not comparably reputable. Not even close.

He goes by the name of the Pope.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:42 AM

2,699 posts, read 2,406,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
They are.
Do you think it's safe to say that the majority of Americans, not just Euro-Americans, are aware of these double standards?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:24 AM

30,023 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Teenage gang charged under lynching law after 'savage attack on 18-year-old student' | Mail Online

Notice the only place you even hear about it is in a UK newspaper? Where are the American media? Where are Jesse and Al demanding justice for the lynching victim? Where's Barry saying the gangbangers acted stupidly? Where's Eric Holder to prosecute these animals for a hate crime? Notice even in this article, there's no mention of race. Can you imagine the outcry if a gang of eight white youths beat beat a black boy to a bloody pulp? Jesse and Al would be leading riots in the streets. It would be all over the media and you can bet your ass they would be screaming HATE CRIME. Barry and Holder would be demanding justice for hate crimes.

Where is Paul Kersey when you need him?

My concealed carry weapon of choice has 14 shots. How many of them were there again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.