Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 01:09 PM

513 posts, read 580,957 times

Advertisements

Teenage gang charged under lynching law after 'savage attack on 18-year-old student' | Mail Online

Quote:
Four members of a teenage gang have been charged under a state's lynching law after allegedly beating an 18-year-old student so badly he required facial reconstruction surgery.
South Carolina prosecutors have charged the boys with second-degree assault and battery by mob, a crime which until last year was known as lynching.
The eight members of the gang, the youngest of whom is just 13, allegedly set upon Carter Strange in a parking lot as he jogged back to his home in Columbia.
Notice the only place you even hear about it is in a UK newspaper? Where are the American media? Where are Jesse and Al demanding justice for the lynching victim? Where's Barry saying the gangbangers acted stupidly? Where's Eric Holder to prosecute these animals for a hate crime? Notice even in this article, there's no mention of race. Can you imagine the outcry if a gang of eight white youths beat beat a black boy to a bloody pulp? Jesse and Al would be leading riots in the streets. It would be all over the media and you can bet your ass they would be screaming HATE CRIME. Barry and Holder would be demanding justice for hate crimes.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 06-26-2011 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: Copyright violation -- please post a link and a "snippet" only, per the TOS

Old 06-26-2011, 01:15 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,606,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Teenage gang charged under lynching law after 'savage attack on 18-year-old student' | Mail Online

Notice the only place you even hear about it is in a UK newspaper? Where are the American media? Where are Jesse and Al demanding justice for the lynching victim? Where's Barry saying the gangbangers acted stupidly? Where's Eric Holder to prosecute these animals for a hate crime? Notice even in this article, there's no mention of race. Can you imagine the outcry if a gang of eight white youths beat beat a black boy to a bloody pulp? Jesse and Al would be leading riots in the streets. It would be all over the media and you can bet your ass they would be screaming HATE CRIME. Barry and Holder would be demanding justice for hate crimes.
Hyperbole...

Bond set for suspect in 5 Points beating - Crime & Courts - TheState.com (http://www.thestate.com/2011/06/24/1871754/jogger-assaulted-in-five-points.html - broken link)

8 Suspects in Custody for 5 Points Beating of 18-Year-Old Carter Strange | wltx.com

All eight suspects in brutal Five Points beating in custody - WMBFNews.com | Myrtle Beach/Florence, SC | News, Weather, Sports

CPD Chief: Five Points beating case of thuggery, not gang related : News : MidlandsConnect.com

Teenage gang charged under lynching... - Google News

As for the major media, where is Fox News? They love this stuff...

Old 06-26-2011, 01:18 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Silly gangbangers. They should have hung a noose somewhere and said that they saw him doing it; they'd have half the nation crying for their release:

Jena Six - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-26-2011, 01:25 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
I'm waiting for the first white person to make a stupid reply that somehow black people are going to come to the defense of the criminals who committed this act because they are black. I'm just waiting for someone to be that foolish.

Just because a black person commits a crime dosen't mean the entire black community is going to suppport or condone their behavior!!!

Old 06-26-2011, 01:34 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Those Caucasian kids certainly did something racist to bring on the response by those "underprivileged youth."

Besides it is usually racist white kids who attack "at risk youth" in America. At least that is what the MSM told me.

Why did you bring race into this anyway...liberals never do that so why should you?

Old 06-26-2011, 01:43 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
I'm waiting for the first white person to make a stupid reply that somehow black people are going to come to the defense of the criminals who committed this act because they are black. I'm just waiting for someone to be that foolish.

Just because a black person commits a crime dosen't mean the entire black community is going to suppport or condone their behavior!!!
Yeah, I know..............I had a thread and one of them came in and said blacks still defend OJ, yes, that OJ, no not Orange Juice...

When I read that I laughed. I knew that white guy had no interactions with blacks at all and never will.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:52 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
why not put this in the crime folder along with all the other crimes?

Old 06-26-2011, 01:58 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Too bad they didn't do this in California, they would be out the next day... apparently California is releasing prisoners because they don't have room... ///end sarcasm

Old 06-26-2011, 02:07 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,746,443 times
It's funny how this is no where to be found (or buried) on the major 'dinosaur' news networks.

Where's Al Sharpton? Wheres the revvrund?? Oh lawd, have mercy!

Old 06-26-2011, 02:13 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,493,477 times
No Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson? or any of those ''respected black leaders''? (What a joke!).

Why am i not surprised .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies