Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 12:58 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,823,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
In the same article:

As far as having a direct article to the police statement, no I don't.
How do you know the police are well aware of Wilkinson wildly exaggerating reports?

Because Van Auken said so?

Old 06-27-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
You could always try finding it yourself if you have a genuine interest in finding out whether the witness you believe is actually dependable. However, I doubt you do... even if I do provide a source you'll probably come up with a reason for why we shouldn't believe the police report. Sorry, I'm not wasting more of my time today. If I do eventually see a police report though I'll be sure to post it
Bye bye.

Interesting how the deniers are basing everything upon the word of Van Auken and ignore the eyewitnesses and the police reaction to the event....

Old 06-27-2011, 01:01 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,697,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Bye bye.

Interesting how the deniers are basing everything upon the word of Van Auken and ignore the eyewitnesses and the police reaction to the event....

Hmm, that's funny... the police didn't seem to notice any racial overtones in the mob. But if you want to question the actual neighborhood newspaper's report and the councilwoman's word because it doesn't work with your agenda, that's fine too.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Hmm, that's funny... the police didn't seem to notice any racial overtones in the mob.
Perhaps because the mob ran away when the police arrived?

Quote:
But if you want to question the actual neighborhood newspaper's report and the councilwoman's word because it doesn't work with your agenda, that's fine too.
Actually it is only Van Auken so far...

I thought you left?

Old 06-27-2011, 01:03 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,065,040 times
Quote:
How do you know the police are well aware of Wilkinson wildly exaggerating reports?

Because Van Auken said so?
Wilkinson has claimed this was the 5th large mob (60-70 strong) this month of violent black youth terrorizing, threatening death upon, and assaulting the white community of Peoria Illinois. He also says smaller violent mobs (10-12 strong) of black youths do the same things several nights each week.

If that's true, where are the pictures? Where are the Facebook posts? Where are the youtube videos? It's impossible in this day and age that they wouldn't exist. In addition, where are the local news stories? Where are the police reports (those are public records).

Old 06-27-2011, 01:04 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,697,549 times
Quote:
Perhaps because the mob ran away when the police arrived?

Actually it is only Van Auken so far...

I thought you left?

No, I actually said I wouldn't find the police statement when you're perfectly capable of doing so.

But since you refuse to entertain the possibility that your favorite witness is embellishing the story, I probably am wasting my time arguing with you. Thanks for pointing that out. See ya.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:06 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,237,161 times
I googled Barbara Van Auken and it looks like she is a controversial figure possibly with a drinking problem. She is on record calling other people liars when it suits her agenda. Why is she so quick to go to the media with a statement that includes an insult to her fellow council members? She doesn't sound credible at all. And I noticed she is the only Peoria offical quoted so far. Is she the official spokeswoman for the city or did other officials have enough sense not to call a constituent a liar with no proof?

Old 06-27-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Wilkinson has claimed this was the 5th large mob (60-70 strong) this month of violent black youth terrorizing, threatening death upon, and assaulting the white community of Peoria Illinois. He also says smaller violent mobs (10-12 strong) of black youths do the same things several nights each week.
Could you provide where Wilkinson stated where "black youth terrorizing, threatening death upon, and assaulting the white community of Peoria Illinois"?
Thanks.
While you are at it,could you post where he stated "smaller violent mobs of black youths do the same things several nights each week"?

Quote:
If that's true, where are the pictures? Where are the Facebook posts? Where are the youtube videos? It's impossible in this day and age that they wouldn't exist.
Back around we go...

Are you asserting that unless it is posted on Youtube,Facebook or somewhere else,it never happened?

Quote:
In addition, where are the local news stories? Where are the police reports (those are public records).
Well if it is public record,one fo you deniers should easily find it and can post it here.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:09 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,419,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
i googled barbara van auken and it looks like she is a controversial figure possibly with a drinking problem. She is on record calling other people liars when it suits her agenda. Why is she so quick to go to the media with a statement that includes an insult to her fellow council members? She doesn't sound credible at all. And i noticed she is the only peoria offical quoted so far. Is she the official spokeswoman for the city or did other officials have enough sense not to call a constituent a liar with no proof?
ouch! Lol

Old 06-27-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
No, I actually said I wouldn't find the police statement when you're perfectly capable of doing so.
Well...you are the one stating the police are well aware of Wilkinson fabricating stories...I just thought since that is your position you had some proof.

My mistake.

Quote:
But since you refuse to entertain the possibility that your favorite witness is embellishing the story, I probably am wasting my time arguing with you. Thanks for pointing that out. See ya
It is quite possible he is lying,but then there is equally the possibility he is not.

You seem unable to believe a mob of black youths would ever shout racial threats...for some reason known only to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies