Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 01:51 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times

Advertisements

Anyway, we don't always have freedom of speach. The Conservative Supreme Kings of Judgement ruled that in times of war (meaning now), free speach can be a form of vicious sedition that must be pre-emtively murdered. I'm sure those were they're exact words too when they shamefully quickly pronounced that Corporations are not property, but are infact, people. What can a property be responsible for? Nothing. Also, American culture sensors certain words that make weak people feel guilty; as well as having an odd sensorship style of rating things that makes "bad" language and grafics be a right of passage into adulthood.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:56 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,970,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
She also said, "America is a downright mean country."
Well when the people of almost every state feel like denying their fellow citizens' rights just because of sexual orientation, then yes, America is quite a mean country. What's great about America? We have legislatures that protect the minority from the oppressive majority.

...We're also insanely greedy as a nation. Everyone wants better this, better that, but they don't want to pay for it themselves. I know that's a bad thing, but I feel like I need to mention it.

Let's see... Another great thing about America is the freedom to have the opinion that there are many things wrong with it that need to be fixed.
- The ability to relocate myself to a state where the general population shares my values.
- That the most backwards region is also the most ugly, worst weather, and least desirable place to live. Hehe, I had to add this one. Plus, I'm entitled to say this since I spent years down there.
- Oh, and all of our famous rock bands.
- That we leave other countries to their own busin-... Oh wait...

Last edited by Melanzana92; 06-28-2011 at 02:07 AM..

Old 06-28-2011, 02:47 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVaz1009 View Post
Well when the people of almost every state feel like denying their fellow citizens' rights just because of sexual orientation, then yes, America is quite a mean country. What's great about America? We have legislatures that protect the minority from the oppressive majority.

...We're also insanely greedy as a nation. Everyone wants better this, better that, but they don't want to pay for it themselves. I know that's a bad thing, but I feel like I need to mention it.
When she said "America is a downright mean country," I don't think she was referring to sexual orientation. People of almost states are not denying their fellow citizen's "rights," just don't call it "marriage."

Besides, does Michelle approve of homosexual "marriage?"

As for your greedy remark... America and Americans, in general, are very generous.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:54 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
When she said "America is a downright mean country," I don't think she was referring to sexual orientation. People of almost states are not denying their fellow citizen's "rights," just don't call it "marriage."

Besides, does Michelle approve of homosexual "marriage?"

As for your greedy remark... America and Americans, in general, are very generous.
Yeah, I don't think you own our language, so I'm going to keep calling a duck a duck if it is one.

the perfect excuse for greed is generosity. But we'd have to get into specifics and details to actually talk about these things.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
The neatest thing about America is it encourages everyone to spout off any nonsense that they desire. Just read this Forum for some excellent examples.

As a Liberal I encourage free, but not irresponsible, speach.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:12 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
AAAAAAAHHAHAHAHA!

Now, THAT, was a desperate post. So, let me get this straight...the African slave traders cared where their slaves were going? No, slavery is brutal and immoral. Period. To sell a human being into that is brutal and immoral. Period. But here you are making half assed excuses for it? Wow..now I know your desperate. So, it also strains commons sense. They knew the white Europeans weren't from Africa. THEY ARRIVED AND LEFT IN BOATS...WHERE DID THEY THINK THEY WERE TAKING THEM? IN AFRICA....FROM THE AFRICAN COAST....SAILING WEST...NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN? OH, NOT TO MENTION, THEY NEVER CAME BACK,BUT THE AFRICANS KEPT UP THE SAME TRADE?

Your last line is just as hilarious! Coerced into selling them? Can you tell us how? Give examples? They did it. Simple as that. In a trade that was around FOR AS LONG AS THERE WAS HUMANITY.

Your post contradicts history, reality, common sense, and is simply embarrasing for you. But, I know, I know...the truth of the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade (there were so many slave trades that we do have to title them to differentiate, don't we?) just DESTROYS THE HATE FILLED CONDITIONING OF HATING WHITES...it TAKES THE POWER OUT OF MUCH OF THE VICTIM CARD....

So you fight it at every turn. Don't worry, the truth always comes out.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I take it you really didn't study much history. Look, I studied specifically on the subject of slavery from the perspective of Africans for 4 years. My professors were some of the leading professors in the nation concerning colonial African history. My uncle is a history professor at the Universite de Cocody. So when you say it contradicts history...you mean YOUR history or history that is actually taught and generally accepted?

Old 06-28-2011, 07:44 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,799,328 times
What's great about America--the continent or the country of the United States of America?

I'll take a stab. America has a great amount of natural resources. America is a beautiful continent in terms of scenery (like the Rockies, for example).

The United States has great diversity among its people. You walk the streets of NYC (or any big East Coast city) and you'll hear just about every language spoken in the world. Sadly, however, many Americans consider U.S. diversity to be a liability rather than an attribute of greatness.

From the legal/political perspective, Americans are great at finding ways of circumventing laws--even core American values like freedom of speech, which has oftentimes been curtailed in this country for whatever reason (usually war). Further, the U.S. political system is the greatest example of inertia in the world--it takes years for things to get done--and sometimes unpopular laws are repealed by the time they are supposed to take effect.

The United States has one of the greatest land masses in the world.

The United States has committed some of the greatest blunders in world history--namely crafting a nation built upon certain principles like equality, self-determination, and freedom and then Americans have routinely violated those principles.

Americans have, ostensibly, the greatest propensity for violence in the world.

The United States is the largest exporter of some of the greatest killing materials on the earth, like cigarettes and weapons.

Americans have the greatest standard of living--so much so that we gauge poverty by what one does not have, like HD TV and gadgets like iPads out the wazoo. If you don't have these things, then you're really, really poor--so Americans seem to think.

Americans have the greatest rate of consumption in the world.

Americans are great when it comes to ignoring our problems and just fixing things on the fly when problems get out of hand. In other words, Americans are prone to avoid taking preventative measures--usually because prevention costs too much.

Americans are great when it comes to complaining. It seems that just about every interest group in the country holds a monopoly on being trod upon, especially conservatives. Oh, they're so beleaguered!

Old 06-28-2011, 07:51 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Constitutions don't mean jack **** if you don't control your nation's money supply. America has been on a steep downward spiral ever since 1913. If a country can't even print debt free interest free money to grow its economy there is no true freedom.
The problem begins and ends with the idea that the constitution doesn't mean jack when things don't bode well with personal beliefs.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:18 AM

27 posts, read 13,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Actually, it doesn't. It's legitimate debate. Surely, you don't think conservatives should just take the abuse lying down, no?
What abuse?

It's the conservatives in this country who have forgotten what it means to be "conservative", and it's the republicans who have zero answers, and resort instead to flaming Obama with no alternative solutions of their own.

Wasn't that Eric Cantor walking out of the budget meeting? Real productive. Tax rates are at their lowest levels since FDR, I don't think a tax hike to stave off a crisis debt-default is going to kill anyone.

How stupid.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:26 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryGarrison View Post
What abuse?

It's the conservatives in this country who have forgotten what it means to be "conservative", and it's the republicans who have zero answers, and resort instead to flaming Obama with no alternative solutions of their own.

Wasn't that Eric Cantor walking out of the budget meeting? Real productive. Tax rates are at their lowest levels since FDR, I don't think a tax hike to stave off a crisis debt-default is going to kill anyone.

How stupid.
Actually, they've been at their lowest levels since the Great Depression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies