Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 09:22 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
And, like a true liberal, you avoid taking respondsibility for making the statement. Classic liberal methodology. Don't prove your point, just attempt to shift respondsibility to another. Talk about dancing!

It is obvious that you stated your biased opinion wishing to convince people that you speak only facts, and failed.
Then I must assume you were just shooting in the dark and in reality had no basis to make the claims you did. It is obvious why you hate liberals. So without much ado, my time can be put to better use than chase you around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 09:35 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
So? Obama still thinks it's 2008, that Austria has its own "Austrian" language, and misspells easy words like "advice".

Aren't people tired of the media always focusing on verbal gaffes, which everybody does now and then, instead of reporting on real issues that affects Americans? You know, stuff like the economy, stagnating wages for working- and middle-class while the top 1% keeps getting richer, growing poverty and dependence on government food programs, the outrageous cost of higher education, the dwindling middle-class, and the continuing erosion of our constitutional rights.

I care about those issues. I don't care a whit about Bachmann confusing one John Wayne for another.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:41 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
So? Obama still thinks it's 2008
Your perception.

Quote:
that Austria has its own "Austrian" language
It does.

Quote:
and misspells easy words like "advice".
I'm assuming he understands the difference between advise and advice better than you do. BTW, if it were me, I would have said "a simple word like advice" instead of "easy words like advice".

Old 06-28-2011, 09:43 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yikes, I hope the Dems are prepared for an all out frenzy when Obama and Biden make their next gaffs. What is good for the goose......
I hope she is the nominee. We want even have to open the war chest.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:44 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Actually, I think the right keeps throwing their lot behind these dunces because they're threatened by an intelligent woman.
Unfortunately it appears the left thinks every woman is a dunce. There is a growing body of evidence. Heck they wouldn't even nominate Hillary who was clearly smarter and more qualified than Obama.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:46 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I hope she is the nominee. We want even have to open the war chest.
Good luck with that. History is not on Obama's side.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:50 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Good luck with that. History is not on Obama's side.
History was not on his side in 2008. How quick we forget. please run her or palin or cain or paul etc etc........The only one with a remote chance so far is romney and he will lose some ground in the south. Huntsman will be destroyed by rightwing radio and stands no chance to be nominated. History has never been on President Obama's side yet he continues to get hard fought victories.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Michele Bachmann: Right town, wrong John Wayne - latimes.com

She said that another "great" American was born in her hometown, John Wayne.

Well, not exactly, unless you consider John Wayne Gacy a great American.

Can't we get a real GOP candidate?
and Obama can't get the facts right about who he did and didn't give the Medal of Honor to: tit for tat!!!!

NIta

Old 06-28-2011, 10:02 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Sorry, no sale. She said "Well, what I want them to know is just like, John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That's the kind of spirit that I have, too."

Gacy was from Waterloo, Iowa. John Wayne, the movie star, was not.

The 57 states thing is so old it has rust on it.

As has already been explained to you, John Wayne's parents are in fact from Waterloo, though John Wayne was born 100 miles away. In my mind, he is certainly from the area. Her political enemies would love for her to have confused John Wayne Gacy with John Wayne in such a way that the only John Wayne who could possibly be from Waterloo would be the serial killer, but that isn't the case.

Here are the facts:

1) John Wayne's parents lived in Waterloo, IA following their marriage in 1905 but moved before John was born in 1907.

Duke: We're Glad We Knew You: John ... - Google Books

2) John Wayne was born in Winterset, IA 117.5 miles from Waterloo, IA.

3) John Wayne Gacy was born in Chicago, Il, 244 miles from Waterloo, IA.

4) John Wayne Gacy moved to Waterloo for a brief period of time before being sent to prison.

5) Because they have a chance to mock another conservative female, the left-wing smear machine has decided the only John Wayne who could possibly be from Waterloo, IA is John Wayne Gacy.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:07 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So? Obama still thinks it's 2008
Your perception.
Try reality.

Quote:
that Austria has its own "Austrian" language
It does.
LOL really? So you speak American? or English?

Quote:
I'm assuming he understands the difference between advise and advice better than you do. BTW, if it were me, I would have said "a simple word like advice" instead of "easy words like advice".
I would advise you to take your advice and shove it up your uptight coal-mining ass. Gold star for me.

Getting back to the point of my post that you ignored, you believe the media should focus on politicians' gaffes instead of discussing real-world issues?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies