Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you care if your children smoke Marijuana?
Yes, I do and I'm not ok with it. 7 17.95%
Yes, I do and I'm ok with it. 17 43.59%
No, under no circumstances is it ok. 15 38.46%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 09:39 PM

448 posts, read 533,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
No.

However, I would probably look upon smoking marijuana as in and of itself better than fornication.
It can lead to some pretty awesome fornication though.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 02:59 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post

What "relaxing" and being stoned have to do with your character is the fact that you NEED and PREFER an artificial substance to cope with your life . . . if you had a more substantial character, you would tough it out and not have to resort to drugs to "relax" you and numb you out.
Exactly. I've said that many times on this board.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:01 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yes, but only when he is an adult. Tinkering with brain chemistry prior to 20 is dangerous. I have no doubt he will steal some beer, liquor, and maybe some pot from me, or get it some other way. The trick is to minimize the amounts before adult age
what happens at age 20? the magic glands start to kick in? Tinkering with brain chemistry EVER is dangerous. Medical oversight should minimize the damage.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:12 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Exactly. I've said that many times on this board.
that's what I say about guns, alcohol, sports cars, sports, and religion. lol yet here I am, not legislating my personal believes.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:33 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
But didn't you smoke before 20? Or no?
Yep, but my parents gave me anything I wanted because they wanted to be "cool". My son won't be getting it from me, I'll share when he gets old enough. However, I won't chastise him either if I catch him. I will also make very certain he knows all of the negatives and positives of the experience.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
what happens at age 20? the magic glands start to kick in? Tinkering with brain chemistry EVER is dangerous. Medical oversight should minimize the damage.
The brain is fully developed at that age. If you want to get technical, it still develops and grows until the age of 25. But its mostly developed at 20. Studies done show that drug use of any kind, alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, etc before the age of about 20 years old has developmental effects on the brain.

I think all drugs should be legal, but only after the brain has fully developed. I know many kids will still continue to get beer, liquor, smoke cigarettes, and smoke pot, but the answer is in moderation. If its illegal for them to buy, then its harder to get. Its not a everyday or weekly thing.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:48 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yep, but my parents gave me anything I wanted because they wanted to be "cool". My son won't be getting it from me, I'll share when he gets old enough. However, I won't chastise him either if I catch him. I will also make very certain he knows all of the negatives and positives of the experience.
I am not saying I am for or against smoking pot, but, I am not sure what the positives are of the experience?

Old 06-28-2011, 04:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Everything in moderation including moderation. If I had a kid that had started smoking, drinking etc I would like to sit down and share the indulgence while making certain they knew the effects good, bad or indifferent. I believe all the currently illegal drugs should be legalized and available to any adult. The damaged done by the illegality harms society far more then the damage done by the use.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Hopefully by the time my kid is of age this silly prohibition of pot will be over! And yes moderation is key.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
I am not saying I am for or against smoking pot, but, I am not sure what the positives are of the experience?
It opens ones mind to alternative theories of reality. In essence, it helps me to think outside the box, which I enjoy. That and it helps me with some medical issues, mainly my headaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies