Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 09:40 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You are absolutely right. America provides the environment, but it comes back to what I said earlier: Either you hedge God's word against secular law, or you believe his Word and live by it. Either way, you will answer for all of it in the end.

PS...I always laugh at those who are constantly trying to hedge "pro-choice" against "pro-abortion." It's your pro-choice views that allowed abortion to become a staple in society. Pro-choicer's bear some of the burden. Whether you believe in God or not, don't think that you will not have to answer for that.
You may laugh, I fear people who believe their own blind faith should become the law of the land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 09:41 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Let me see you apply this to science.
easy:

The Weather Channel’s most prominent climatologist is advocating that broadcast meteorologists be stripped of their scientific certification if they express skepticism about predictions of manmade catastrophic global warming. This latest call to silence skeptics follows a year (2006) in which skeptics were compared to "Holocaust Deniers" and Nuremberg-style war crimes trials were advocated by several climate alarmists.

The Weather Channel’s (TWC) Heidi Cullen, who hosts the weekly global warming program "The Climate Code," is advocating that the American Meteorological Society (AMS) revoke their "Seal of Approval" for any television weatherman who expresses skepticism that human activity is creating a climate catastrophe

.: U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works :: Press Room :.

then again, i am talking about the man-made global warming crowd, and this is almost a religion of faith with them, so you may be correct, that this is not science.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:43 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Your response is BS. There is a vast difference between being pro something and favoring an indivdual's right to choose.

There are more than 5,000 names for God in recorded history, your insistence that the word of your God is the only word of God is blind faith, nothing else.
Are you of the opinion that God, of any religion, would support abortion? Are you of the opinion that God would be happy that "choice" is even part of the equation, instead of a total and complete respect for the life form that he has given us?

Rhetorical questions. Don't know if you're religious or not. Just making a point.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:46 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
easy:

The Weather Channel’s most prominent climatologist is advocating that broadcast meteorologists be stripped of their scientific certification if they express skepticism about predictions of manmade catastrophic global warming. This latest call to silence skeptics follows a year (2006) in which skeptics were compared to "Holocaust Deniers" and Nuremberg-style war crimes trials were advocated by several climate alarmists.

The Weather Channel’s (TWC) Heidi Cullen, who hosts the weekly global warming program "The Climate Code," is advocating that the American Meteorological Society (AMS) revoke their "Seal of Approval" for any television weatherman who expresses skepticism that human activity is creating a climate catastrophe

.: U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works :: Press Room :.
So you were talking of a personal opinion on a subject, not really about science. But let us look at the statement itself:

"If a meteorologist can't speak to the fundamental science of climate change, then maybe the AMS shouldn't give them a Seal of Approval. Clearly, the AMS doesn't agree that global warming can be blamed on cyclical weather patterns."

Based on the way I see it, the person does have a point. You can't challenge scientific studies without science. Emotional response has no place in science.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:47 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,422,589 times
Quote:
Are you of the opinion that God, of any religion, would support abortion? Are you of the opinion that God would be happy that "choice" is even part of the equation, instead of a total and complete respect for the life form that he has given us?

Rhetorical questions. Don't know if you're religious or not. Just making a point.
Considering that God gave Adam and Eve a choice in the Garden of Eden, I'd say he is pretty damn happy we are giving others a choice. He didn't exactly wall off the tree of life with electrical barbed wire.

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I'm a Christian, but on the left. I try to live how I think is correct and let God handle how everyone else acts.

That sounds about right. Live your life, let others live theirs, and let God decide!

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times
Quote:

Are you God? No, so don't act like you know what he "thinks".
Btw, do you think God would be happy to see your government killing people through the death penalty? Or killing people in wars? Or letting people die who cannot afford health care? Or polluting the Earth he gave us?
Yeah, I am sure God looks down on the great USA and thinks "Those are great people".

Old 06-28-2011, 09:50 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

What point are you attempting to make?

That your personal beliefs are the only correct ones?

I don't give a rat's ass what you believe, just don't tell me your beliefs should be the basis of law I must obey or face the consequences.

I don't believe a human being exists at conception so I see no problem with abortion.

IF 'God' actually micro-manages life on erarth, please explain miscarriages.

Given the vast size of the universe, I don't believe 'God' pays any particular attention to this piddlin' little rock.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:52 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:

Rhetorical answers since I don't believe in any gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psalm 137:9
Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosea 13:16
Samaria shall bear her guilt, because she has rebelled against her God; they shall fall by the sword; their little ones shall be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:56 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So you were talking of a personal opinion on a subject, not really about science. But let us look at the statement itself:

"If a meteorologist can't speak to the fundamental science of climate change, then maybe the AMS shouldn't give them a Seal of Approval. Clearly, the AMS doesn't agree that global warming can be blamed on cyclical weather patterns."

Based on the way I see it, the person does have a point. You can't challenge scientific studies without science. Emotional response has no place in science.
Its only a theory, not a proven fact that mankind is having a meaningful impact on our climate or causing the planet to warm to any measurable degree.

So yes, its the same in religion, when the same people read the same bible and they come to different conclusions, and one person wants to toss the other person out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies