Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 05:12 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
More misogyny from the left. It is little wonder so few people self identify as liberal. Who would want to be associated with such hate?

Must be lonely in la la land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I voted for Hillary in the primary. I voted for Obama in the general.

I'd never say Condoleeza Rice, Margaret Thatcher, or Elizabeth Dole are stupid, although I disagree with their political views or things they did in office. I don't know much about Nikki Haley, but nothing about her that I have heard indicates she's deficient in intellect or living in an alternate reality.

On the other hand, Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell, Sharon Angle, and Michele Bachmann are examples of politicians (or aspiring ones) who happen to be female and who happen to be nutty and/or ignorant. And supporting women because they're "hot" despite having no evidence of anything other than fluff in their heads is a GOP problem.

Oh, no you didn't...

Old 06-29-2011, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And I suspect you never will. OK, name one who is NOT popular but fits your bill.

With the GOP? Easy. Hillary Clinton.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:47 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
If you want to be taken seriously, act serious, please.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:48 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
I'll take that as a "no you can't".

Old 06-29-2011, 07:22 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Must be lonely in la la land.
Too funny. Ok my friend care to break down the percentage of Americans who self identify as liberal vs. conservative. If you did, you would see you would be quite lonely.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:11 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Quote:
To funny, well at least you have given up the unsupportable defense that the left doesn't have a woman problem, for the equally weak defense of "so do they".
No, what's going on here is that you are trying to equate the left's feelings about Palin and Bachmann with the right's feeling toward Hillary...

You remember being called a misogynist when you probably piled on Hillary with the slurs with the rest of your yeehaa buddies and now think that just because the left doesn't like a woman on the right that you are comparing apples to apples.

Well, hate to burst your bubble, but that isn't the case. The previous poster's example of Condi Rice is a good one. I might give her a hard time due to her politics, but I would never impugn her intelligence.

Tell me how that fits into your neat little label that you wish to slap on the entire left because they DARE disparage your wingnut tea-party ladies because of their displayed ignorance on many topics?

Old 06-29-2011, 11:47 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And the left would still mock them. And call them stupid. Face it, the left hates strong conservative women. The fact that you state that they must be smart and have good looks just proves how sexist you are.
Whatever, it is you with the issue not I, I was only adding the smart portion of the idea the right is already stuck on them being sorta pretty.
Casper

Old 06-29-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Too funny. Ok my friend care to break down the percentage of Americans who self identify as liberal vs. conservative. If you did, you would see you would be quite lonely.

It must suck to be wrong so much, shorebaby.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:56 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
No, what's going on here is that you are trying to equate the left's feelings about Palin and Bachmann with the right's feeling toward Hillary...

You remember being called a misogynist when you probably piled on Hillary with the slurs with the rest of your yeehaa buddies and now think that just because the left doesn't like a woman on the right that you are comparing apples to apples.

Well, hate to burst your bubble, but that isn't the case. The previous poster's example of Condi Rice is a good one. I might give her a hard time due to her politics, but I would never impugn her intelligence.

Tell me how that fits into your neat little label that you wish to slap on the entire left because they DARE disparage your wingnut tea-party ladies because of their displayed ignorance on many topics?

Well of course you are wrong on multiple counts. Any differences I ever expressed about Hillary were strictly issue related.

And of course you are wrong about Condi as well. YOU may not impugn her intelligence but many have. I suggest you Google Condaleeza Rice is stupid, to get a flavor of what your fellow travelers think of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies