Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 02:37 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
More like millions of dollars in the CEOs' pockets.

Are you aware of the tiny percent of a big company's revenue ends up in the CEO's pocket?

For example, Exxon's CEO got $4.6 million in 2010. Their revenue was $383 billion. So the CEO got one thousandth of one percent of the revenue.

CEO compensation has no measurable impact on corporate earnings and would not change if they paid no taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ok, I'm a company and I don't have to pay any taxes. Great. But not only do I not have any taxes, I don't have any customers so what does not having to pay taxes on non-existent profits do for me? Right, I'll just hire more folks to do the work that I don't have. Brilliant, exceedingly brilliant.!

Why don't you have any customers?

Old 06-29-2011, 02:43 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
dont want to read 10 pages.

Got a question

has anyone figured out how to make a business pay taxes without passing that tax along to their customers?

Old 06-29-2011, 02:48 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Got a question

has anyone figured out how to make a business pay taxes without passing that tax along to their customers?
yes. you give them a negative tax liability, and they pass on that negative tax to their executives and shareholders, rather than their customers.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Got a question

No.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
yes. you give them a negative tax liability, and they pass on that negative tax to their executives and shareholders, rather than their customers.

That would only be partially true if they had no competition.

Most markets are competitive and almost every company works very hard to reduce their costs so they can be competitive.

And if there were no corporate taxes, they would not have a negative tax liability.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:55 PM

232 posts, read 221,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ok, I'm a company and I don't have to pay any taxes. Great. But not only do I not have any taxes, I don't have any customers so what does not having to pay taxes on non-existent profits do for me? Right, I'll just hire more folks to do the work that I don't have. Brilliant, exceedingly brilliant.!
Instead of flinging insults, maybe you could offer your opinion on the best way to create jobs.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:50 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,103,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJefferson View Post
Is it not their right to avoid double taxation for their stockholders?

What kind of break do you have in mind? Lower taxes? Free stuff? Please explain the break you are seeking out.
Lets see how about a home modification first off
I pay my mortgage on TIME.
Have a freddie mac loan and it sure would be nice to get a break like the rest of the homeowners.

That would make me happy

Old 06-29-2011, 05:55 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,103,067 times
Quote:
So if corporations aren't going to create jobs in the future, who is?

Are we doomed in America?
Well they certainly have not created the jobs some of the stimulus was supposed to be used for.

Lets chat about the banks , nice bail out for what? so they can boost their ceo pay outs

The whole freaking system is broke state vs. state on the verge of bk
erosion of the middle class

is the country on the verge of destruction = not far from the edge of the cliff if you ask me

So sick and tired of this recovery it gives me a splitting headache and I am tired of working 12 hr days for 6 days a week to pay bills, and i am not even overextended that is just to pay the day to day living expense including the gas in my car
food on the table - not a bright future and i was loking forward to see what the gop had to offer and it looks like NOTHING>

yep we are doomed

recession what recession its a modern day depression being fueld by fake money and speculators

It is both parties faults dems and repubs obama and bush and the rest of the senate and congress along with the corporations that screw americans left and right by opening their welfare mentality

what is fair in this country anymore- not much
bottom line is the man at the bottom of the totem poll people like me get stuck with a fair share of the crap running down hill right now

Old 06-29-2011, 05:58 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Strikes me as the fastest way to create jobs. Millions of jobs overnight.

Thoughts?
Not needed, if they create expenses they can zero out the corporation.
They usually do anyway with salaries, dividends and investment back into the company/corporation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies