Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 06:56 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times

Advertisements

Would someone with an IQ over 70 please attempt to grasp some logic for a second, and explain to the people around them that equality doesn't actually exist...

Are women equal to men? Not no but hell no, and there are plenty of reasons for this. Everything from physical differences, to differences in mental development, to hormonal differences.

Women and men are just not equal, and anyone who wants to pretend that women and men are equal is intentionally deluding themselves. It is just such an illogical assertion that I don't understand why anyone that isn't seriously mentally retarded wouldn't see right through the absurdity of it all.

Secondly, heterosexuals and homosexuals also are not equal, they will never be equal, they cannot be equal. First, homosexuals cannot have children. Sure they can adopt, but adoption is just not the same, and cannot be the same, thus it cannot be equal. Secondly, what causes homosexuality is actually a developmental/mental abnormality. And the implications of there being homosexuals in the world, means we have to completely change the way we interact with each other.

Because of their relative low-numbers and the reproductive limitations of the gay life-style. They are always at a sort of disadvantage. This disadvantage necessarily makes homosexuality in general, inferior to heterosexuality, across all spectrums. So again, homosexuality is not equal to heterosexuality, and it just cannot be.

Lastly, people of varying races/cultures are simply not equal. To pretend that Japanese culture is equal to Greek culture or American culture of fill-in-the-blank-culture is sort of ignoring your own viewpoints argument, separate cannot be equal, therefore different cannot be equal. Furthermore, people of varying races are different because they have been in relative isolation from each other. If you assume that tall, strong, fast, athletic, and otherwise endowed blacks are somehow equal in all other aspects to East Asians, not only are you being illogical/unscientific, but you are basically declaring East Asians to be an inferior race to Africans.

The simply fact is that, the people of varying races/cultures are just not equal, I don't know why anyone with more than a junior high education would think otherwise.

That isn't to say that I think any person is better than another person just because they are associated with a certain gender/culture/race/sexual preference. I don't. I feel like all people have a certain amount of intrinsic value to different people for different reasons. But I do feel like science and logic are being suspended for the sake of social engineering, and it just bothers me. I cannot stand to hear lies. And I cannot stand to hear people who spout nonsense based on whatever it is they are just taught all their lives to believe, without questioning it.

I reminds me of something I was told in my youth.

"Don't be afraid to ask questions, the most intelligent people tend to be the ones who ask the most questions."

So don't take my word on it. Use your own senses.

The very argument that egalitarians use to push the concept of equality, is basically that the only reason people aren't already equal is because their circumstances/environments aren't exactly equal. But how long does that argument get to last? It is illogical to believe that circumstances/environments could ever be equal. Thus their argument breaks down into basically, there can't be equality because there is no equality, and I completely agree.

So lets stop pretending that equality exists, because its getting on my last nerve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 07:01 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
I think you meant to say they were equal but different in their attributes, that is why they marry each other. It all balances out.

There is some truth to the old race jokes IMO. Asians can't drive, Whites can't dance and so forth.

We have the right to pursue happiness in this country, we are not guaranteed anything. But, if you work your butt of more than 40 hours a week you will NOT be poor for long.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:03 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
When we refer to women as equal to men... we are referring to civil rights... I don't know why anyone would think of other stuff... but to each their own... so when people tell you that... you can finally admit, that they were right and you were wrong in your way of thinking...

Old 06-29-2011, 07:04 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I think you meant to say they were equal but different in their attributes, that is why they marry each other. It all balances out.

There is some truth to the old race jokes IMO. Asians can't drive, Whites can't dance and so forth.

We have the right to pursue happiness in this country, we are not guaranteed anything. But, if you work your butt of more than 40 hours a week you will NOT be poor for long.
I'll let you tell Baryshnikov he cant dance.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:07 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Would someone with an IQ over 70 please attempt to grasp some logic for a second, and explain to the people around them that equality doesn't actually exist...
Wow. Did you completely miss the boat or what! Perhaps someone with an IQ over 70 could realize that when we talk about equality, we aren't talking about peoples' characteristics. Obviously, women have a vagina and give birth, whereas men don't (DUH). Were talking about deserved equality of basic personal rights and civil liberties. And that should apply whether you have a penis or not or whether your skin is light or dark.

If you find someone with an IQ over 70 who gets that point, send them over so that we can have an intelligent debate.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:07 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
I'm not as worried about science being manipulated as I am about our laws and our culture.

"Equality" is a nice ideal, but it's unrealistic. While I don't believe that discrimination should be written into our laws, I do believe that people and businesses should have a right to choose who they associate with.

Rand Paul had it right.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:11 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

Are women equal to men? Not no but hell no, and there are plenty of reasons for this. Everything from physical differences, to differences in mental development, to hormonal differences.

Women and men are just not equal, and anyone who wants to pretend that women and men are equal is intentionally deluding themselves. It is just such an illogical assertion that I don't understand why anyone that isn't seriously mentally retarded wouldn't see right through the absurdity of it all.

Secondly, heterosexuals and homosexuals also are not equal, they will never be equal, they cannot be equal. First, homosexuals cannot have children. Sure they can adopt, but adoption is just not the same, and cannot be the same, thus it cannot be equal. Secondly, what causes homosexuality is actually a developmental/mental abnormality. And the implications of there being homosexuals in the world, means we have to completely change the way we interact with each other.

Because of their relative low-numbers and the reproductive limitations of the gay life-style. They are always at a sort of disadvantage. This disadvantage necessarily makes homosexuality in general, inferior to heterosexuality, across all spectrums. So again, homosexuality is not equal to heterosexuality, and it just cannot be.

Lastly, people of varying races/cultures are simply not equal. To pretend that Japanese culture is equal to Greek culture or American culture of fill-in-the-blank-culture is sort of ignoring your own viewpoints argument, separate cannot be equal, therefore different cannot be equal. Furthermore, people of varying races are different because they have been in relative isolation from each other. If you assume that tall, strong, fast, athletic, and otherwise endowed blacks are somehow equal in all other aspects to East Asians, not only are you being illogical/unscientific, but you are basically declaring East Asians to be an inferior race to Africans.

The simply fact is that, the people of varying races/cultures are just not equal, I don't know why anyone with more than a junior high education would think otherwise.

That isn't to say that I think any person is better than another person just because they are associated with a certain gender/culture/race/sexual preference. I don't. I feel like all people have a certain amount of intrinsic value to different people for different reasons. But I do feel like science and logic are being suspended for the sake of social engineering, and it just bothers me. I cannot stand to hear lies. And I cannot stand to hear people who spout nonsense based on whatever it is they are just taught all their lives to believe, without questioning it.

I reminds me of something I was told in my youth.

"Don't be afraid to ask questions, the most intelligent people tend to be the ones who ask the most questions."

So don't take my word on it. Use your own senses.

The very argument that egalitarians use to push the concept of equality, is basically that the only reason people aren't already equal is because their circumstances/environments aren't exactly equal. But how long does that argument get to last? It is illogical to believe that circumstances/environments could ever be equal. Thus their argument breaks down into basically, there can't be equality because there is no equality, and I completely agree.

So lets stop pretending that equality exists, because its getting on my last nerve.
I always wonder what people mean when they talk about equality. For instance, some talk about equality of condition and others talk about equality of opportunity. We are gaining on the equality of opportunity thing for women although we aren't there yet.

Progressives spend so much name talking about equality of condition which is what they want to have. That says that everybody is equal and that just isn't so and never can be. Well if progressives manage to insert communism into our system they may make us all equally poor but equality of condition can never be a part of our system.

Equality of opportunity is what most of us from the right believe in . When I say equality of opportunity I mean that we all have equal rights to get as far as we have the ability to get. That says that we all have the right to make as much money as we can depending on our abilities but no more.

So many people want equality of condition because they think that all having the same amount of money is what equality was meant to be by the Framers and that certainly is not true. We all have the ability to do certain things and taking that away from some to give to others results in equality of condition and just is not right, according to our Constitution.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:13 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I'll let you tell Baryshnikov he cant dance.
In general White people dancing are scary. Of course there can be great drivers, dancers, swimmers among the races where these mostly bad ones are. Some say female Latinos are born pregnant (exaggeration of course and all silliness).

Vanilla Ice, Rod Stewart, Alice Cooper (great dancers).
Look at Justin Timberlake, he is OK, but he had to practice 15 years to get moderately OK.

I had today an Asian make a left turn from the right side of the street across traffic, yet I would bet there are some world class professional drivers who are Asian.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:16 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
Easy for you to say, white male.
Times change... I think people are hostile to one another because you are now "forced" to do this or to think that... in a free world, most people wouldn't care... look at other cultures that try to "protect" the other people in society... all you see is more hate every year.... when you see countries stop trying to "protect" other people, you see nobody cares if you are gay, black, white, whatever... most people just don't care... over time, people evolve in their thinking... if you don't evolve, you go extinct... forcing people to do or think one way only reinforces those people to the next generation... you can't blame another person for your own failures if the person never was "protected" in the first place...

Old 06-29-2011, 07:17 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
In general White people dancing are scary. Of course there can be great drivers, dancers, swimmers among the races where these mostly bad ones are. Some say female Latinos are born pregnant (exaggeration of course and all silliness).

Vanilla Ice, Rod Stewart, Alice Cooper (great dancers).
Look at Justin Timberlake, he is OK, but he had to practice 15 years to get moderately OK.

I had today an Asian make a left turn from the right side of the street across traffic, yet I would bet there are some world class professional drivers who are Asian.
Ok, now I have to seriously question your taste.
Vanilla Ice??????
And you made no mention of Madonna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies