Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 10:42 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times

Advertisements

Like I said before, the way to stop this nonsense is to have any financial settlement be taken directly from the pension fund of the entire police department. When they see what one idiot costs them, and how retired cops will now lose x amount of dollars from their pension checks, they'll start keeping their own in line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 10:51 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Like I said before, the way to stop this nonsense is to have any financial settlement be taken directly from the pension fund of the entire police department. When they see what one idiot costs them, and how retired cops will now lose x amount of dollars from their pension checks, they'll start keeping their own in line.
that is certainly an option. but cops also need to know that if they do things like this they will not only lose their jobs, but likely end up in prison as well. and this is where the elimination of the public sector unions comes into play, as all too often it is the unions that prevent justice from being wielded against bad cops.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:32 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,026 times
These pieces of excrement need to be put in state prison with general population for 10 years, and to pay massive restitution to the victim.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:02 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Roid rage? LMAO! You're an idiot! Anabolic steroids have nothing to do with this cop's behavior. He's probably a donut eating fat ass anyways. Nice propaganda OPer! Go educate yourself you !@#@$@#@#@ bag!
Yeah you're right. The kid was caught having a suicide vest on. Cause all cops are outstanding citizens that never do anything wrong

Old 06-30-2011, 12:06 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
With the bad rep cops have, I'm surprised anybody enter that field anymore. I'd be embarrassed to be a cop. They are gov't sanctioned, badge-wearing criminals.

The cops in this case should lose their jobs, serve prison time, and pay the kid and mother millions.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:09 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Is there a "cops side of the story" anywhere? I'd would be interesteing to see that take.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Is there a "cops side of the story" anywhere? I'd would be interesteing to see that take.
There's been a lot of instances where a cop would arrest someone and put them in cuffs, and the prisoner would move his hands or arms for comfort's sake and the cop would yell resisting arrest and beat him. Then with the bruises on his arms, the cop would say he was trying to assault me

Old 06-30-2011, 12:18 PM

75 posts, read 60,233 times
Just out of curiosity I tried to find another report of the same incident to verify what the linked to article says.
EVERYTHING I could find links back to the "Courthouse News" article.
I couldn't even find an article in their local newspaper or the newspapers archives.
That seemed odd so I looked in to what exactly Courthouse News is. Well that was interesting. Turns out its an internet newsletter, not a newspaper and its posted specifically to bolster cases for civil trial lawyers.
So in other words its propaganda. The story is almost entirely a fabrication and is intended to outrage the casual reader in order to bolster support for frivolous lawsuits.
Looks like it worked.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:50 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,093,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Roid rage? LMAO! You're an idiot! Anabolic steroids have nothing to do with this cop's behavior. He's probably a donut eating fat ass anyways. Nice propaganda OPer! Go educate yourself you !@#@$@#@#@ bag!

Best example of TOS violation EVER.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Best example of TOS violation EVER.
I can't tell of he's being sarcastic or what. I'm thinking sarcastic based on the last line but, who knows
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies