Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 04:27 PM

1,123 posts, read 775,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
SABRA AND SHATILA MASSACRE
what does this have to do with gaza?

If you are going to go off topic, let's discuss what you are doing to help the syrians being massacred by ass-ad...

How come so much of the arab muslim world cannot read or write?

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-07-2011 at 04:10 AM..

Old 07-06-2011, 04:28 PM

1,123 posts, read 775,876 times
Quote:
Didn't ask for an essay but at the same time when someone claims to be a know it all from personal experience they should be willing to back it up or not say anything at all.
HILARIOUS.

Just too, too funny. This one's a winner...

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-07-2011 at 04:09 AM.. Reason: TOS violation

Old 07-06-2011, 04:29 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,865,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwyck View Post
Is this intelligent enough for you?:

I direct your attention to the San Remo Manual on International Law Applicable to Armed Conflicts at Sea. Specifically, paragraph 67: 67. Merchant vessels flying the flag of neutral States may not be attacked unless they:
(a) are believed on reasonable grounds to be carrying contraband or breaching a blockade, and after prior warning they intentionally and clearly refuse to stop, or intentionally and clearly resist visit, search or capture;
(b) engage in belligerent acts on behalf of the enemy;<
(c) act as auxiliaries to the enemy s armed forces;
(d) are incorporated into or assist the enemy s intelligence system;
(e) sail under convoy of enemy warships or military aircraft; or
(f) otherwise make an effective contribution to the enemy s military action, e.g., by carrying military materials, and it is not feasible for the attacking forces to first place passengers and crew in a place of safety. Unless circumstances do not permit, they are to be given a warning, so that they can re-route, off-load, or take other precautions.

I highlighted the relevant clauses. Israel has the right to inspect ships heading toward Hamas-controlled Gaza for weapons. The blockade is LEGAL.

Too intelligent for you?

This is what it's all about, isn't it?
It's not about delivering "humanitarian" cargoes. As in any of these anti-Israel threads, it's about Israel's existence. The far leftist kooks on those boats wave the signs "Free Palestine". To posters like this and those kooks that slogan has the same meaning that it has for Hamas: destroy Israel.
You are joking, aren't you?
Now I didn't go through everything on your list but I did look at
47. The following classes of enemy vessels are exempt from attack:

(a) hospital ships;
(b) small craft used for coastal rescue operations and other medical transports;
(c) vessels granted safe conduct by agreement between the belligerent parties including:
(i) cartel vessels, e.g., vessels designated for and engaged in the transport of prisoners of war;
(ii) vessels engaged in humanitarian missions, including vessels carrying supplies indispensable to the survival of the civilian population, and vessels engaged in relief actions and rescue operations;
(d) vessels engaged in transporting cultural property under special protection;
(e) passenger vessels when engaged only in carrying civilian passengers;
(f) vessels charged with religious, non-military scientifc or philanthropic missions, vessels collecting scientific data of likely military applications are not protected;
(g) small coastal fishing vessels and small boats engaged in local coastal trade, but they are subject to the regulations of a belligerent naval commander operating in the area and to inspection;
(h) vessels designated or adapted exclusively for responding to pollution incidents in the marine environment;
(i) vessels which have surrendered;
(j) life rafts and life boats.

First off there were no enemy ships or SUBMARINES in the flotilla.
The flotilla was not hostile or at war with anyone.
But for the sake of argument it would be excluded from an attack under the following:
a)
ii)
e)

If anything the attack by hostile Israeli forces in international waters should be considered an act of PIRACY and those in the hostile attacking forces should be put on trial for Murder for any deaths.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
OP, please hurry and catch that Flotilla before it leaves without you. Don't cry with the greeting you are likely to receive from the Israeli Navy for violating their waters. If you choose to be violent like the members of the last flotilla have you will made out and your life insurance paid up. As the boat sinks remember sharks don't eat their own.

Obama is bombing the Hades out of Libya in the name of "humanitarian aid".

The Progressive left sure has an crazy definition of what comprizes "humanitarian". Unilaterally inciting war, aborting babies, etc... .

Old 07-06-2011, 04:31 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
Another jihad flotilla attempting to re-arm Hamas? Maybe get a little PR and claim victim status again while beating the hell out of any Israeli soldiers that attempt to protect their country? These agitators are looking for a conflict. They are lucky the US reigns Israel in as much as we do or else they’d just put a torpedo into the side of the boat and that would be the end of it. These jihadists are no better than their counterparts in Somalia.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
Troll, what does this have to do with gaza?

If you are going to go off topic, let's discuss what you are doing to help the syrians being massacred by ass-ad...

How come so much of the arab muslim world cannot read or write?
sterpetron in your post #92 you said the following:
1) thousands of US soldiers maimed or killed by iran

2) the syrians being slaughtered by syria

3) the hundreds of thousands/millions of chinese sitting in chinese gulags

4) the thousands of lebanese political dissidents being held and tortured in syria

5) the lack of freedom and widespread torture in the arab world

6) the massive, horrific torture and slaughter of the iranian democracy advocates by their terrorist regime

What does that have to do with Gaza, especially 3) about the Chinese

Old 07-06-2011, 06:26 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,796,129 times
Quote:
I know of Palestinians that have not seen their families in over 5 years because they are not allowed back into Gaza, how would some of you like that to happen to you?

Or how would you feel if I came over and bulldozed down your house and I built my house on your property?
I'd be mad.... and they have a right to be. Nobody's saying things are good (at least I'm not, I sympathize with them greatly)

But don't try to imply that it's reasonable to blow yourself up in a public place because of that.

After all, 99% of Palestinians DON'T do this. They are angry but protest non-violently.

So....

Old 07-06-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
I'd be mad.... and they have a right to be. Nobody's saying things are good (at least I'm not, I sympathize with them greatly)

But don't try to imply that it's reasonable to blow yourself up in a public place because of that.

After all, 99% of Palestinians DON'T do this. They are angry but protest non-violently.

So....
"But don't try to imply that it's reasonable to blow yourself up in a public place because of that."

Now how did I imply that?
I think your imagination is working overtime.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:41 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,796,129 times
Quote:
"But don't try to imply that it's reasonable to blow yourself up in a public place because of that."

Now how did I imply that?
I think your imagination is working overtime.
There was a period of time called the Second Intifada in the Middle East.

You might have heard of it.

A perfect example of religious and ethnic extremism on both sides ruining all chances for two states peacefully coexisting with one another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies