Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 02:11 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJoe4181 View Post
I'm not disagreeing with the FACT that you are required by law to wear your seatbelt.

Opinions are like a-holes....everyone's got one and they all stink.

Lets just agree to disagree. I'm not right. You're not right.

Let's go have a beer.
That is misleading.

I explained why you are wrong and used proper logical process to identify it plainly for you.

You have not responded to any of those specific issues, so how on earth could you even possibly know if I am wrong? Or are you trying to say that I am wrong, but you just don't want to be bothered pointing it out? umm... yeah... riiiight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Let me get this straight ... you make two totally illogical fallacious points and you will not entertain a pointless discussion?

What they say about you is true. You write a lot but say very little. Good luck with that.
Report away big man .....
Quote those points, explain them to be fallacious with proper support.

*cough*

*waiting*

Or go have another beer! Yeah, might be better for you.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:14 PM

288 posts, read 168,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
all the studies surveys show how important seat belts are, and i believe most, if not all states have the click it or ticket campaign.

shouldnt it be left up to us whether or not we wear a seat belt. it only impacts us, doesnt harm anybody else.

at the same time this is something most people are ok with being forced to do.

imo we shouldnt need a law on the books, and leave it up to the people.

i myself rarely wear my seatbelt. not overweight or anything, just dont like the feel of it.
Yes. I'm okay with the lives saved too.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Yes. I'm okay with the lives saved too.
Think of the lives we could save if we revoked all freedoms from everyone, placed them into a regulated residence to which we controlled every aspect of their lives from diet, to exercise, to any type of activity. Do you realize how many lives we could save with such?

I will take the risk of death over the loss of freedom any day. Not only that, but as the saying goes... "liberty or death" and there have been many who have bled, killed, and died to insure people have such freedoms.

There are plenty of countries out there who are extremely willing to deny you your freedoms under the guise that they are concerned for your well being. Maybe look into them?

Old 07-02-2011, 02:20 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
That is misleading.

I explained why you are wrong and used proper logical process to identify it plainly for you.

You have not responded to any of those specific issues, so how on earth could you even possibly know if I am wrong? Or are you trying to say that I am wrong, but you just don't want to be bothered pointing it out? umm... yeah... riiiight.
I explained to you why you were wrong using proper logical processes as well.

So because you decided to call my argurments illogical (by YOUR standards) makes you right?

Is that going to make you sleep better tonight?

You know what? Nope. I'm not going to give you the satisfaction.

I retract my previous beer invite as I see it would be impossible to have a conversation with you.

I revert back to my previous statement...."People just complaining for the sake of complaining"

I'm done. Going to go get a beer.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
What fredom;the freedom to become a respoeonsibilty to socaiety because you refuse to wear a seatbelt.Why don't we just not restrict other things that are laws on teh same rxcuse. Driving requires a license like a doctor and we certainly place restriction who can be a doctor. The same with drivers. You don't want to be driver;wear seatb elt;buy insurnce;obey the rulkes of the roqad;then choice not to if you think that is freedon ;you have preserved. Society places restrction on person chpoice os as to presrve the freedoms of the general popualtion.One is to have law enforced that don't place a burden on others by their foolish decsion as seen by the general population.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:44 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,583 times
Wow. This thread has certainly grown since I last took a look at it (yesterday lol).

All I can really add is this: What Nomander said. Completely. I LOVE YOU !!!!

But seriously, I was beginning to think that I was the only free-thinking person left on the planet surrounded by sheep. You've expressed yourself far better then I ever could, as I tend to get emotional in my arguements, but you've expressed yours in a sensible, well thought out rational way and I really admire that ability to not let emotion get in the way.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:57 PM

455 posts, read 633,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Well, provide some statistics of such so we can accurately see what those numbers are. I am not denying you may be correct, but I don't like to throw out assumptions and then argue them as if they are fact.

So, how many people are killed each year as a direct result of not wearing a seat belt?

How many people are killed by drunk drivers. Go get the numbers, then think about your position.

"must be" and "most" and "probably" without any form of evidence to support such... well... your just gossiping and really, I have no interest in discussion of that nature.

At the end of the day though, it isn't your decision to make concerning the risk anyone takes on for themselves. Ever...
I will have to search for my stats, I mean I think we can all agree that excessive speed is more dangerous than drunk driving, I will look and see.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:00 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,583 times
Oh and kudos to you as well, Oz. I wanted to give you some rep points, but I was told I needed to spread them around first. But the only ones on here who seem to believe in personal liberties and the death of the nanny state seem to be you and Nomander lol

Old 07-02-2011, 03:05 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
all the studies surveys show how important seat belts are, and i believe most, if not all states have the click it or ticket campaign.

shouldnt it be left up to us whether or not we wear a seat belt. it only impacts us, doesnt harm anybody else.

at the same time this is something most people are ok with being forced to do.

imo we shouldnt need a law on the books, and leave it up to the people.

i myself rarely wear my seatbelt. not overweight or anything, just dont like the feel of it.
Nobody "forces" me to wear a seat belt - I do so because I don't want to be crippled, disfigured or killed by going thru the windshield.

Fools who don't wear seat belts cost us all in many ways.

First, there's the financial toll when one of these idiots needs a million dollars worth of medical care when they get hurt very badly, just not badly enough to die. Even when you have insurance preventable accidents like these run up insurance company costs which they pass on to the rest of us intelligent enough to wear the seat belts.

And second, there's an emotional toll when someone without a selt belt dies in an accident and the people with him or in the other vehicle have to witness that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies