Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 12:39 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
You do realize that to many people on the planet a cow is more than man's best friend, it is sacred. We tend to do much the same to them here. Given the cruel conditions that many farm animals face in industrial agriculture here, I'm not so sure we should be pointing fingers. At least the dog in the cage gets to see sunlight. Plenty of US animals going to slaughter have never had the chance.

The small farmers who raise and slaughter animals in more humane conditions get pushed out of business while big agriculture destroys the environment.
Peoples pets are taken and killed.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:39 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You don't have a clue.

My dog would die a sack of skin and bones before she's hurt me .... and she knows that feeling is mutual.

I feel sorry for those who cannot fathom that type of loyalty and love. You're really missing the best part of life.

Actually, the only part that means anything.
ok

Old 07-01-2011, 12:40 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,468 times
Quote:
Appeal to Emotion.
Seriously?

Appeals to emotion are made because we as human beings are emotional creatures. What kind of synthetic humanoid would really have an issue here? Are you sure you're not just lights and clockwork inside?

Old 07-01-2011, 12:41 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Your dog would eat you if he/she were starving.
Doggone right!

Old 07-01-2011, 12:43 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
You do realize that to many people on the planet a cow is more than man's best friend, it is sacred. We tend to do much the same to them here. Given the cruel conditions that many farm animals face in industrial agriculture here, I'm not so sure we should be pointing fingers. At least the dog in the cage gets to see sunlight. Plenty of US animals going to slaughter have never had the chance.

The small farmers who raise and slaughter animals in more humane conditions get pushed out of business while big agriculture destroys the environment.
AND cow spelled backwards is Woc!!!!!

Old 07-01-2011, 12:44 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
You don't have a clue.

My dog would die a sack of skin and bones before she's hurt me .... and she knows that feeling is mutual.

I feel sorry for those who cannot fathom that type of loyalty and love. You're really missing the best part of life.

Actually, the only part that means anything.
You wail on about this historic relationship with man and dog whatever the hell that means. Maybe you think have this loyalty and love for your pup but have you asked the pup? Because he/she sits on your lap or whatever you two do together? So according to you the only part of life that means anything is your relationship with your mutt? My dog killed a bird yesterday. I had a loving relationship with that baby bird from the time I saw it in the nest. At least I thought so. Wonder if the bird did?

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
There is nothing wrong with eating dog. We don't do it here and I'm fine with that. For you to indict a culture that does is stupid at best. Especially claiming them to be wrong. I've never been aware of any "special relationship" that should be cherished with dogs. They are animals like cows, pigs, cats, rats, and chickens. Just because you can train them to do things only raises thier usefulness in our eyes. People have bunny rabbits for pets here and other people eat rabbit here. Food is Food. Meat is meat. So is it ok they eat cats and not dogs?

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
Animal cruelty in all it's forms is a blight on human nature, and I don't advocate any of it. But rationalizing one wrong because there are others, as you have just done, typifies why our world is plummeting to the depths that it is.

The issue here is not just about humane treatment of animals, as important as that is ... but this is about the betrayal of trust, given the historic relationship between man and dog for thousands of years, that includes companionship, affection and loyalty Dogs have shared with it's human family members.

And I don't know what else to say to you other than shame on you for dismissing this so cavalierly. There is noexcuseforignorance such as this, but I'm not the least bit surprised that this would be the first response. Not surprised at all ... sadly.

I suppose that a plain old, "Oh my, that is terrible" is just too much to expect from some people.
Oh, my, that is terrible.
Eating cow is obscene to a lot of people.. I love eating cow. Guess i'm obscene.

"You thinking what I'm thinking, Paul?"

"Sure am, Babe.....sure am...."

P.S. They burn the dogs alive in Korea for "best flavor." You might think I made that up. I wish that was so. The other method od killing them is beating them to death with a bat or a large stick. The charge of adrenaline is supposed to tenderize the meat. Anyone like salmon...or fish? Yeah, it's a animal that usually suffocates to death so you can eat it. Who cries for the salmon? Who cries for the lobster that is boiled alive?
The world sucks if you're an animal and a person is hungry. It sucks worse when the animal isn't put down humanely for your meal.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:45 PM

839 posts, read 2,416,751 times
Quote:
I think we are almost there .... the predominate view thus far seems to reflect a complete lack of respect for the historic relationship with dogs ... not just the American culture ... remember ... we're not that old ... just a drop in the bucket of time compared to the relationship between men and dogs which predate American culture by thousands of years.

And no ... I don't need to, nor will I bow in respect to Godless, Soulless cultures ... the Mayans used to rip out the hearts of human beings ... that was wrong too, and each and every single being on this planet has a right, and an obligation to take a stand on the issue of right and wrong. It's a simple statement of who you are ... an expression of your ideals.

Yes, there are cultures that are flat out wrong ... just claiming "It's my culture" does not legitimize their behaviors. It just condemns their culture by their own actions.

But the deplorable responses thus far on this topic does give pause to the possibility that the Globalists have a point about the 90% population reduction ... their biggest error seems to be in excluding themselves in the group that wouldn't be missed very much.

I'm with you..... To a point......

I too love dogs. I believe that dogs are God's most loyal and noble creatures.

However, different cultures have different values. If the Chinese want to eat dogs, well, that's their business. At least in their own country. Makes me sick, makes me sad, but, according to their cultural beliefs, it's no different than a cheeseburger to me.

I guess my point is, we don't get to make the rules for everybody. Nor should we.......

Old 07-01-2011, 12:45 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
It's a dog eat dog world out there!
Yes, but is it, or should it be a man-eat-dog world!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies