Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 03:04 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times

Advertisements

Who cares where they were then and who cares where they are now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
As opposed to today's "*********, I've got mine!" conservatives.
Your damn right "I've got mine" and I've worked damn hard for it. I don't sit around waiting on a check from somebody else to pay my bills or buy a house I can't afford. I don't sit around ranting and raving about the class warfare game your idiot politicians play to get stupid folks all wound out. YOu could be more producting and get a job.

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
How convenient for the right wingnuts to overlook that fact eh?
...so honest that he expanded one war, and unilaterally created a third one, and is sending drones to attack in perhaps a fourth war.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:06 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Who cares where they were then and who cares where they are now?
Someone has to protect the country from power hungry politicians that are spending us into oblivion, i just wish you'd get off your ass and join us.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:07 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
...so honest that he expanded one war, and unilaterally created a third one, and is sending drones to attack in perhaps a fourth war.
He's not hiding the cost like Bushy did....

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Where were they when a certain President signed two tax cuts, aimed largely at the wealthy, that weren't paid for?

Where were they when a certain President invade two countries without paying for those wars?

Where were they when a certain President signed the USA Patriot Act, which was a HUGE intrusion into personal and civil liberties?

Where were they when a certain President signed a Medicare prescription drug plan that wasn't paid for and cost the US government over $1 trillion in revenue?

Where were they when a certain President looked the other way as Hurricane Katina flattened the city of New Orleans?

Where were they when a certain President ran up the largest deficit in American history, up to that point?

Where were they when a certain President destroyed American credibility on the international stage?

They were cheering that President along, that's where they were.
It was called the Libertarian Party, Ron Paul, and the Campaign for Liberty, among many others. When are you going to stop parroting Huffington Post talking points and open your eyes up? The opposition was always there right under your nose. Just because FNC and Huffington weren't talking about it doesn't mean it didn't exist.

1,378 posts, read 1,392,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Your damn right "I've got mine" and I've worked damn hard for it. I don't sit around waiting on a check from somebody else to pay my bills or buy a house I can't afford. I don't sit around ranting and raving about the class warfare game your idiot politicians play to get stupid folks all wound out. YOu could be more producting and get a job.
Are you implying that the poor are lazy?

Old 07-01-2011, 03:08 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Where was the Tea Party from 2001 to 2009?

Quote:
OP:They were cheering that President along, that's where they were.
! ! ! WRONG ! ! !

There was no Tea Party group during your period in question. There was however, a group called PorkBusters who sought to reduce government waste...

Quote:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ki/Porkbusters

Porkbusters
is an effort led by mostly conservative and libertarian bloggers to cut pork barrel spending by the U.S. Congress used to help pay for projects.

Porkbusters is shifting its focus from raising awareness of pork to calling attention to specific legislation that actually starts eliminating pork. The first bill that we are focusing on is sponsored by seven Senators who have styled themselves the "Fiscal Responsibility Team": Tom Coburn, Sam Brownback, Jim DeMint, John Ensign, Lindsey Graham, John McCain, and John Sununu.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:09 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Bam!!

That's what I'm TALKIN' BOUT!!

Old 07-01-2011, 03:09 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,392,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It was called the Libertarian Party, Ron Paul, and the Campaign for Liberty, etc. When are you going to stop parroting Huffington Post talking points and open your eyes up?
That's a small percentage of the population. The majority of Republicans and self-proclaimed "conservatives" were cheering Bush along as he wrecked our country, wrecked Iraq and Afghanistan, and passed it along to the next guy, who they so conveniently blame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies