Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:38 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I say, as I said before: do not make judgements based on news reports.

Hence, when this gentleman was arrested, I said "don't hasten to judgement".

Today some 'news' is coming out about the maid's credibility: again, do not rush to judgement.

In short, do not rush.

"News" is like the tide: it rushes in, and then retreats. In this day of '24/7' news, people are tempted to make quick judgements, based on the latest 'news'.

Justice is not a tennis match.

Rather like that Lacrosse team: how the 'news' spun the 'facts' to make them guilty, until evidence came out that they were not, in fact, guilty.

People must learn patience. We, the readers on this board, have no first hand information. It is all hearsay.
Well, he has been released from almost all restriction that were placed upon him. Wow, there must have been a lot of "issues" with the prosecutions "facts" to make this huge move, removing a hugely restrictive house arrest.

I predict there will be a special meeting before the next scheduled court proceeding (july, 19th) dropping the case due to "inconsistencies" in the "alleged victims" story. Of course the DA will spin some tall tales about why they are dropping the case......must save face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Well you know the media in this country have a habit of holding a "trial" on their news shows and essentially, the suspects are tried in the media.

Plus when it comes to rape or sexual assault, the people and government automatically assume guilty until innocent.
Yep, the DA in New York was probably drooling at the thought of trying a successful "Duke Rape" type case.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
How were you able to suspect she was lying?
I feel that this poor woman wanted to do the shakedown of this rich guy, get some dough out of him and also hit the USA's Victim-Visa lottery.........hum, looks like I was right.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
It's pretty clear from the physical evidence that something un-toward happened to the victim in that room (Strauss-Kahn's semem on her clothes, her physical injuries, his hasty departure). Consensual sex? Doubtful. Sex for hire, followed by a scuffle over money? Maybe.

Whatever, based on what they had to go on that day, the cops definitely had probable cause to make the arrest.

But as sometimes happens, the investigation is turning up credibility issues with the victim. Even if the falsehoods do not relate directly to the case, they still will cause her problems on the witness stand later.

Just because the victim has credibility issues, that doesn't mean her allegations are false- just that they may be impossible to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" to a jury. If the DA knows he doesn't have a reasonable chance of getting a conviction, he has to dismiss the case.
Wrong......the DA would have pressed on with his case. Dropping the severe restrictions on this evil-rich-guy basically means the liars "story" is like swiss cheese...full of holes.

They bonked and she wanted the shakedown............too bad her story was not worth a darn.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:47 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I feel that this poor woman wanted to do the shakedown of this rich guy, get some dough out of him and also hit the USA's Victim-Visa lottery.........hum, looks like I was right.
Right. You suspected this without a shred of evidence. You're likely more biased in this matter than most people are. Only your bias in this case favors the accused rapist.

So I don't get what you are bragging about? If the guy is let go...good for him...and good for the justice system.

That doesn't make you look good. A broke watch is right twice a day.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
But YOU suspected she was lying before this information came out.

How did YOU see it but nobody else?

|
A poor maid hoping to hit the jackpot.....pretty easy to figure out.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:51 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
|
A poor maid hoping to hit the jackpot.....pretty easy to figure out.
Oh a poor maid can't be raped by a wealthy person ? You figured it all out beforehand.

I rest my case.

The OP is guilty of prejudging the whole matter without a shred of evidence.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:56 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Gee, let's see...a mere maid accuses an extremely wealthy, powerful, connected man of rape...later it's "proven" she lied and the charges are dropped..SURPRISE!

I knew it wouldn't stick the minute I knew the players... and it didn't matter if he was guilty or not.... I knew she'd be discredited whether she was lying or not.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:58 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Happens all the time. The man's reputation is ruined, the lying woman retains anonymity, and shows up later on The View, to sympathetic clucks from the feminist morons that populate that abominable stew of misandry and political asininity, as well as the rest of the popular media (in the name of equal opportunity bigotry, one supposes). Duke lacrosse case redux...

The blizzard of words catigating all men in the wake of this incident, including the cover of Time magazine with the obligatory pig, etc., remain forever in cyberspace like some kind of received wisdom from Gaia. Too bad they are all lies and the women (of both sexes) who wrote them are exposed as mendacious scum, now scurrying for cover among their man-hating sisters.

They used to say that behind every man is a woman. It becomes clearer and clearer that she is often holding an icepick, ready to stab him in the back.

What a disgraceful episode. But gender feminists know no shame, and will go on undeterred with their evil work of destroying the family -- and our culture. Welcome to progress, as defined in Womens Studies 101.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:02 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Happens all the time. The man's reputation is ruined, the lying woman retains anonymity, and shows up later on The View, to sympathetic clucks from the feminist morons that populate that abominable stew of misandry and political asininity, as well as the rest of the popular media (in the name of equal opportunity bigotry, one supposes).

The blizzard of words catigating all men in the wake of this incident, including the cover of Time magazine with the obligatory pig, etc., remain forever in cyberspace like some kind of received wisdom from Gaia. Too bad they are all lies and the women (of both sexes) who wrote them are exposed as mendacious scum, now scurrying for cover among their man-hating sisters.

They used to say that behind every man is a woman. It becomes clearer and clearer that she is often holding an icepick, ready to stab him in the back.

What a disgraceful episode. But gender feminists know no shame, and will go on undeterred with their evil work of destroying the family -- and our culture. Welcome to progress, as defined in Womens Studies 101.
Wow! A tad angry there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies