U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 11:35 PM

12,542 posts, read 11,589,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

As for people suggesting O'Reilly - are you kidding? The man has a reputation for screaming and yelling at his guests. He's not exactly a good example of civility.
My dear AUM you did not ask for civility to be part of the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 11:38 PM

4,119 posts, read 2,345,779 times
Quote:
You know, I thought about that after I posted the question, and I think you're right. Joe Scarborough really does have a variety of guests every day, and he gives everybody equal time.

As for people suggesting O'Reilly - are you kidding? The man has a reputation for screaming and yelling at his guests. He's not exactly a good example of civility.

And shorebaby, thank you for the suggestion of Chris Wallace, although I think a lot of conservatives label him a liberal. He angered them once again this past week when he asked Bachmann if she's a "flake".
You asked for even-handed, not even tempered. Don't get mad at us because you weren't specific enough, we were just trying to help.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:45 PM

2,009 posts, read 2,440,356 times
The Dylan Ratigan show on msnbc seems even.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:47 PM

25,170 posts, read 33,158,179 times
Democracy Now

Quote:
It seems like most of today's political news shows are either left-wing or right-wing. Are there any remaining that attempt to discuss both sides?

Old 07-02-2011, 01:53 AM

18,203 posts, read 15,448,856 times
Quote:
I don't care if he does it once a year. It's not a civilized way to moderate a news program, in my opinion.
Almost anyone who was to try and be a commentator, as with frequent guests, so who are controversial, would at times get excited and/or yell. It's not as if O'Reilly is the only one who has done it.

Quote:
But that's okay. There are better options out there than O'Reilly.
Like what?

Old 07-02-2011, 04:19 AM

10,278 posts, read 6,831,194 times
FOX News shows are all fair.....even if the host lean right, they present a story and then have someone from both sides debate on a split screen. ALWAYS!!!

MSNBC does not do this!!

Even Hannity,,,,as anti-Obama as you can get, has his Great American panel every night. And it's always a mix.....heck sometimes he's got all Libs and he's the only one conservative.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:52 AM

10,653 posts, read 6,134,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
FOX News shows are all fair.....even if the host lean right, they present a story and then have someone from both sides debate on a split screen. ALWAYS!!!

MSNBC does not do this!!

Even Hannity,,,,as anti-Obama as you can get, has his Great American panel every night. And it's always a mix.....heck sometimes he's got all Libs and he's the only one conservative.
Wow,.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I always liked Morning Joe. Very even handed--at least it was when I had cable two years ago. I don't know about now.
Morning Joe is a great show and one of the best out there. While it's a republican leaning show, there are always a variety of guests and interact in honest, mature, intelligent discussions and not the hostile yelling, namecalling and other ignorance like you see at fox.
Meet the press is still decent and other sunday morning shows.
I'm also a big fan of Cenk from the young turks that also has a show on MSNBC in Schultz's old timeslot. He brings it every show and slams whoever deserves it left, right, and everything in between.

Last edited by TempesT68; 07-02-2011 at 09:38 AM..

Old 07-02-2011, 09:07 AM

207 posts, read 220,518 times
The McLaughlin Group.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:42 AM

10,278 posts, read 6,831,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Wow,.....

Morning Joe is a great show and one of the best out there. While it's a republican leaning show, there are always a variety of guests and interact in honest, mature, intelligent discussions and not the hostile yelling, namecalling and other ignorance like you see at fox.
Meet the press is still decent and other sunday morning shows.
I'm also a big fan of Cenk from the young turks that also has a show on MSNBC in Schultz's old timeslot. He brings it guns blazing every show and slams whoever deserves it left, right, and everything in between.
Wow... back atcha'

You gotta be kidding me.....Nothing on MSNBC leans right. Joe is a RINO at best all of his panelists are lefties except Pat Buchannan.

That's why FOX rules the roost.....they don't have JUST conservatives on as guests.

Hardball is the only show on MessNBC where the host brings in people of different views to debate.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:48 AM

12,756 posts, read 7,857,381 times
Fox is the most fair and balanced? Wow, what have you been smoking? Must be good stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies