Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:36 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

It seems like most of today's political news shows are either left-wing or right-wing. Are there any remaining that attempt to discuss both sides?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 08:42 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It seems like most of today's political news shows are either left-wing or right-wing. Are there any remaining that attempt to discuss both sides?
Nope. One attempts to be objective, the other is a propaganda source for elite and corporations.

You can call it left or right.

But that hides what is really going on. One side is attempting to tell the truth, the other a destructive force in American politics.

Now of course somebody is going to come on this thread and tell you it's the left that is lying.

That's meaningless. That only proves how brainwashed they are.

It's possible for one side to be more or less correct and one side to be bat sht crazy. That's what's going on today.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:42 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
I would have to think O'Reilly is right up there. If you watch his show objectively he's 50/50 right down the middle and on some nights he'll have more libs than cons on his show. He's too moderate for me.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:30 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
I always liked Morning Joe. Very even handed--at least it was when I had cable two years ago. I don't know about now.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:34 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Chris Wallaces Sunday show is pretty good.

I wish Jake Tapper had gotten This Week. I think he was very fair when he hosted that show.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:45 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,057 times
O'Reilly is pretty right down the middle. Some people say he's too fair to Obama some say he's unfair to Obama. He's always got people from both sides on every night. When he's not there he has Juan Williams (D) filling in for him or Laura Ingrahm (R).
Who misses the days of Tim Russert on Meet the Press?

Old 07-01-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I always liked Morning Joe. Very even handed--at least it was when I had cable two years ago. I don't know about now.
You know, I thought about that after I posted the question, and I think you're right. Joe Scarborough really does have a variety of guests every day, and he gives everybody equal time.

As for people suggesting O'Reilly - are you kidding? The man has a reputation for screaming and yelling at his guests. He's not exactly a good example of civility.

And shorebaby, thank you for the suggestion of Chris Wallace, although I think a lot of conservatives label him a liberal. He angered them once again this past week when he asked Bachmann if she's a "flake".

Old 07-01-2011, 11:30 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
As for people suggesting O'Reilly - are you kidding? The man has a reputation for screaming and yelling at his guests. He's not exactly a good example of civility.
You make it sound like he does that with every show. He doesn't. And you probably would, too, at times if you were debating with some of the wackos O'Reilly has.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:32 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I would have to think O'Reilly is right up there. If you watch his show objectively he's 50/50 right down the middle and on some nights he'll have more libs than cons on his show. He's too moderate for me.
That is the first person I thought of.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You make it sound like he does that with every show. He doesn't. And you probably would, too, at times if you were debating with some of the wackos O'Reilly has.
I don't care if he does it once a year. It's not a civilized way to moderate a news program, in my opinion. But that's okay. There are better options out there than O'Reilly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies