Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 03:38 PM

37,760 posts, read 40,861,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Who the h.ll has time to watch TV at 5 PM?
Retired folks like me who also watch Cavuto and Baier, the unemployed, college students, the underemployed who work part time jobs, folks with DVD recorders, folks who get home by 4:30P (in my neighborhood they get home from work by 4:00P), folks who eat dinner at 6:00P or 7:00P, and folks who stayed up until the early hours of the morning when Beck's show was repeated.

Oh yeah, then there were all of those people at Media Matters plus the folks at the White House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 03:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,185,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Now that Beck is gone to "No See TV", who is filling the spot? Stossel and Napolitano, is that some kind of pastry and ice cream combo ad?
bob, LauraC spelled it out for us and you failed to get past the title of the thread and showed just how far from knowing the truth you really are. I am sorry but you missed it completely. Go back there and read her link and maybe you can see something.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Who the h.ll has time to watch TV at 5 PM?
I watch that show at 4:00 pm CDT.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Retired folks like me who also watch Cavuto and Baier, the unemployed, college students, the underemployed who work part time jobs, folks with DVD recorders, folks who get home by 4:30P (in my neighborhood they get home from work by 4:00P), folks who eat dinner at 6:00P or 7:00P, and folks who stayed up until the early hours of the morning when Beck's show was repeated.

Oh yeah, then there were all of those people at Media Matters plus the folks at the White House.
Now you have done it adding MM and the White HOuse to that group of real people who watched him. Surely some of the winners hereabout will be after you for telling that much truth about this situation. I really don't think most of them think that MM is there for one purpose only, get rid of Fox News and Beck along with them.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:54 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,151,399 times
Yes, Fox is those who have retired their minds.
Sittin' on da sofa like a lump of meat, then da Fox commentator pokes a stick at ya, "Obama and liberals are all commies!", the lump of meat obediently snarls and beats his fists of rage into the sofa cushion, then comes the commercial.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:58 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,534,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Ah ok, sometimes I can't tell between sarcasm and just being an a$$ . No that's ok though. I think I must have misread it, but I swear I thought I saw Stossel on the page that shows the permanent line-up
That would be great, I love Stossell. A panel program will be interesting.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:01 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,534,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Yes, Fox is those who have retired their minds.
Sittin' on da sofa like a lump of meat, then da Fox commentator pokes a stick at ya, "Obama and liberals are all commies!", the lump of meat obediently snarls and beats his fists of rage into the sofa cushion, then comes the commercial.
Only for those that don't know what they are talking about. All sides are represented on Fox. Have you ever watched "Follow the Money?". Great show. They have a blonde ditz on that is a professor at UCLA. She comes up with the stupidest ideas, but she is all yours. You'd love her. Every Thursday he has a liberal mayor on to debate a topic. It's fun, and informative. Fox Business channel.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:26 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,783,029 times
I like John Stossel... he isn't likely to believe BS and rhetoric, he actually questions them...

Old 07-02-2011, 04:58 PM

77,015 posts, read 47,410,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Maybe you missed the fact that a Stossel show that had already been aired was going to be showed today. I hope you aren't too surprised when you see them with 5 of their people on Monday on a show called 5 at 5 in Beck's place.

I know these things because I watch Fox too much all day and see what they are saying. Also, i won't be watching that show since it can't compare to Beck. i will be watching Beck on his computer show for 2 hours each day. He says he can do so much more that Fox kept him from doing and until Obama finds a real way to keep him from doing what he can still do he will be better than now.
Two hours of Glenn Beck a day?!? Don't do that to yourself Roy.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:28 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,541,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You think I am crazy and I return that to you from my thinking. I guess you can only say that Beck is wrong since he doesn't agree with your case if leftitis.
I'm not left. I nave never voted for a leftest party in my life. To those who admire Beck if you are not right over the horizon in with the complete right wing nut cases then you are left. What a bunch of complete morons.

Even Fox couldn't stand the goofball and got rid of him.
I will be very interested to see what happens to him if he goes ahead with that rally of his in Israel. I hope he has some excellent security!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies