Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 04:29 PM
PPG PPG started this thread

509 posts, read 1,421,070 times

Advertisements

Judging by the republican debates and their issues, would it be fair to say that the republican party is the party for white males?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 04:38 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,261,516 times
No...... It appears that way sometimes because Conservatism implies a hanging-on to the "old ways" and such.

There is no shortage of white elitism on the Democrat side of the aisle (Kennedy, Kerry, etc....)

I'm curious though what about the debate led you to this conclusion. Could you be more specific???

Old 08-08-2007, 05:36 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,923,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPG View Post
Judging by the republican debates and their issues, would it be fair to say that the republican party is the party for white males?
What, on earth, would cause you to ask that?

Old 08-08-2007, 06:11 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,765,171 times
Quote:
Are you saying only white males can vote for them ?

Old 08-08-2007, 06:47 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,871,358 times
I hope all Americans finally become enligtened as to the DIFFERENCE between the Republican and the Democratic Party before its too late.

The Republican Party is the party of the capitalists or people that feel government should not be too involved in the lives of its people. In other words big corporations and wealthy Gadsbys who belong to country clubs should decide the fate of every American. They are much better than democrats in persuading the common folk that if you work hard and pay your taxes you will live the American dream. They want us to believe government is the enemy, not the wealthy businessman.

The Democratic Party is the people's party. They feel government should tax the corporations and the rich should pay taxes just like everyone else. Democrats ushered in medicare, social security and the minimum wage. They also feel there has been discrimination against Blacks, Gays and women in this society and government should take steps to influence social policy.

IN 2007 there is a lot of division now out there. I believe most Americans probably lean toward republicans since greed has changed the face of America. It will be interesting to see if republicans can win the white house this time since the present occupant was such an idiot.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:05 PM
PPG PPG started this thread

509 posts, read 1,421,070 times
Yeah, I guess that was kind of a dumb question. Obvious one too. I guess I'm just looking for feedback.

I guess it just seems more and more of a white male party in 2007 being that democrats have whites, blacks, and women running for president.

I guess my real question is how can republicans claim to represent america?
I do understand that white males are the majority in the u.s. but do rebulican candidates really represent america?

Old 08-08-2007, 07:07 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,923,618 times
The people that are running, are the people that are running. We didn't tell them to run because their black or white. They chose to run.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoker 4 View Post
I hope all Americans finally become enligtened as to the DIFFERENCE between the Republican and the Democratic Party before its too late.

The Republican Party is the party of the capitalists or people that feel government should not be too involved in the lives of its people. In other words big corporations and wealthy Gadsbys who belong to country clubs should decide the fate of every American. They are much better than democrats in persuading the common folk that if you work hard and pay your taxes you will live the American dream. They want us to believe government is the enemy, not the wealthy businessman.

The Democratic Party is the people's party. They feel government should tax the corporations and the rich should pay taxes just like everyone else. Democrats ushered in medicare, social security and the minimum wage. They also feel there has been discrimination against Blacks, Gays and women in this society and government should take steps to influence social policy.

IN 2007 there is a lot of division now out there. I believe most Americans probably lean toward republicans since greed has changed the face of America. It will be interesting to see if republicans can win the white house this time since the present occupant was such an idiot.
This has been a paid advertisement from the Democratic National Committee:

Queue "America the Beautiful" and pan over to show Ted Kennedy with his hand over his heart watching old glory blowing in the breeze...

AND THEN VOMIT!!!!

Old 08-08-2007, 08:01 PM

Quote:

I guess my real question is how can republicans claim to represent america?
I do understand that white males are the majority in the u.s. but do rebulican candidates really represent america?
The easy answer is that they represent a portion of America just like the Democrats do.

It's a tough political climate right now as we don't know what the Dems stand for, except that it "isn't that" <while pointing at the Bush Administration>.

Meanwhile the "Republicans" are supposedly in power but yet more than half of us are watching this administration and wondering who the hell these guys are and who exactly they represent......

You are right to be a bit perplexed by all this...

Old 08-08-2007, 08:29 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,600,304 times
Lol, you could call it a white male party if you agree with people who call black republicans traitors, or whitey puppets.

If you would rather join reality, you would face that this is just another brand of prejudiced that is largely accepted by the media. It is more okay to question white male Christians in the media than any other group, and we are seeing that over and over these days.

I'm a white male Christian and honestly, it doesn't bother me, the venom was always there from some people, its just that the political climate and media are letting it show now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies