Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 05:38 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Good freaking grief!!! We need to nip this in the bud, these people are serious about this one world order crap :

ICLEI is an international membership association of local governments dedicated to climate protection and sustainable development. The organization was established in 1990 when more than 200 local governments from 43 countries convened at the World Congress of Local Governments for a Sustainable Future, at the United Nations in New York. Established as the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives, the official name is now ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability

What exactly are their goals to protect the climate and to create sustainable develpment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 11:07 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/DCPD-20...-201100431.pdf

This may remind some of what happened in another country in the early 1900's.................

Holodomor History
This guy is out of control.

Are we going to wake up in time to stop what is happening or will we find ourselves wondering what happened?

Old 07-10-2011, 04:53 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz;19872119 (From post#66)
Once none of that stuff was by Govt controll. Some of it didn't exist and other of it was private for hire and profit.

Get out of my wallet. (not you specificly)
Regulations didn't arise because someone woke up one day and said, "I think I'll regulate food and drugs today." They arose out because of a need that wasn't being addressed. In the early 20th century, meat and food companies sold products that were sub-standard and people died. There was no free market solution to this problem and citizens demanded the government do something. The same thing with drugs.

Libertarians act as if this is an affront to freedom but protecting the public from unscrupulous sellers is not evil. But do you really think we are better off when companies can put anything they want in a can and sell it to the public? Are we better off when farmers can use any harmful pesticide and sell their produce to the public? Are we better off when companies can dump whatever waste they want into public waterways and the air?

Being in "your wallet" to protect the general public is far better than the alternative, people dying and catching strange diseases.

Last edited by MTAtech; 07-10-2011 at 05:10 AM..

Old 07-10-2011, 05:25 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
I'm sure that many of the "stick" folks don't need any help from Obama and sure aren't asking for any.

Folks don't know what the communists did back any the day. Hell my kids aren't even being taught about the wall anymore. Most have no clue about east/west germany back in the day or even the cold war. Don't teach em about the evils of communism and it doesn't exist it's just this grand love fest where everybody is equal is what they want the youth of today to know.

My fav president said this........"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

It's looking more and more the last part he feared the worst is going to happen unless something is done.

The agenda 21'ers were surely hailing this one. The ICLEI folks were probably holding a big party after the signing. Many aren't paying attention to the work they are doing for the UN boys. Look at how many small and even large communities they have signed up to their nonsense and most citizens have no idea they have that's for sure
If it's going to be, it's up to me...and you...and everyone who knows and believes, who loves this country, and who can see where it is being taken and DOESN'T LIKE THE DIRECTION. We must all turn out to vote but more than that, we must turn out to support, to be involved, to work for our candidates well in advance of elections. People like you, pulling together, CAN make the difference.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:33 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Regulations didn't arise because someone woke up one day and said, "I think I'll regulate food and drugs today." They arose out because of a need that wasn't being addressed. In the early 20th century, meat and food companies sold products that were sub-standard and people died. There was no free market solution to this problem and citizens demanded the government do something. The same thing with drugs.
I agree, but like so many good ideas, regulations have been twisted from their original intent. As often happens the pendulum eventually swings too far to one side or the other. We are grossly over-regulated and it is time to reverse the trend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Libertarians act as if this is an affront to freedom but protecting the public from unscrupulous sellers is not evil. But do you really think we are better off when companies can put anything they want in a can and sell it to the public? Are we better off when farmers can use any harmful pesticide and sell their produce to the public? Are we better off when companies can dump whatever waste they want into public waterways and the air?

Being in "your wallet" to protect the general public is far better than the alternative, people dying and catching strange diseases.
I'm libertarian and I understand your point, but believe we would do better to have regulation come from the private, not public sector. Public sector regulation is just too ripe for manipulation and too tempting for policitians not to leave alone.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:01 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
It appears the great leader isn't about to let 16% of the population slip under the radar of govenrment intervention. Taking over rural area's in the guise to protect them when they are just forcing them to "play ball" or be banished. Note how every agency of the govt has their little fingers into this one too.

"Section 1. Policy. Sixteen percent of the American population lives in rural counties. Strong, sustainable rural communities are essential to winning the future and ensuring American competitiveness in the years ahead. These communities supply our food, fiber, and energy, safeguard our natural resources, and are essential in the development of science and innovation. Though rural communities face numerous challenges, they also present enormous economic potential. The Federal Government has an important role to play in order to expand access to the capital necessary for economic growth, promote innovation, improve access to health care and education, and expand outdoor recreational activities on public lands.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/DCPD-20...-201100431.pdf

This may remind some of what happened in another country in the early 1900's.................

Holodomor History

sorry, but since I am not a federal employee, executive orders do not and cannot effect me.

at least according to some on this board/forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies