Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 03:09 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakk2 View Post
Have you heard of taxes?
Yes, and they're in the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 03:18 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
That's right, neither Obama or Harry Reid want to listen to the only man who has brought a plan. Harry's solution as the 2nd bully on the playground behind Obama is to throw Cantor off his field so that Reid/Obama can have their way and only their way.

Reid: Cantor should not be in debt limit talks - Yahoo! News
Why is Reid even at the table? Reid has never submitted a budget in over four years. Reid has no budget plan, no plan to reform SS or Medicare, no plan to pay down the debt, and no plan to reduce the size of the federal budget. Reid and 0bama present nothing of substance, and then sit in the back of the class and shoot spitballs at any ideas, solutions or plans that the the adults entering the room come up with.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:25 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
No, you have showed the same false information over and over again. The article you have posted in the past shows a 6.15% margin for Obama, Rasmussen had Obama by 6%. However, that article was from before the numbers were final, Obama actually won by 7.3% according to RCP, and quite a few pollsters had it at Obama +7 or Obama +8, which of course is closer than Obama +6 that Rasmussen had.

Now that isn't to say Rasmussen's 08 poll was bad, it was close, but several other pollsters were closer, the article just doesn't have the final numbers.

Anyway regarding the two polls, it seems to be quite simple. Quinnipiac's poll mentioned the wealthy, Rasmussen's was a general increase question. So it seems that while the majority do not favor raising everyone's taxes (which is basically what the Rasmussen poll reads like) the majority does support raising taxes for the wealthy.
Sorry, Rasmussen and Pew were the most accurate pollsters in 2008. You just can't escape that fact.

Regardless, the poll(S) say the same thing - Americans are opposed to a debt ceiling hike.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:34 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sorry, Rasmussen and Pew were the most accurate pollsters in 2008. You just can't escape that fact.

Regardless, the poll(S) say the same thing - Americans are opposed to a debt ceiling hike.
Why are you lying when I showed you and linked you to the actual facts??

+7 and +8 are closer to +7.26 than +6 is

CNN/OR +7
Fox +7
IPSOS +7

NBC/WSJ +8
IBD/TIPP +8
Gallup +8

That aside, it does show that Americans do favor raising taxes on the wealthy, Rasmussen perhaps purposely decided to go with a more general tax question instead of a targeted tax question which of course is what the major stumbling block is in all of this.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Ras is the polling place of the right-wing propaganda machine, Nothing they is trustworthy except to their brain dead sheeple, enough said.
Casper
Hey, Lefty, just for you here are the questions asked by Rasmussen. You tell me how they cheat with them

National Survey of 1,000 Likely Voters
Conducted July 12-13, 2011
By Rasmussen Reports
1* How closely have you followed news stories about the raising the debt ceiling?
2* As part of legislation to raise the debt ceiling, should congress and the president raise taxes?

3* How would you rate the way President Obama has handled the debt ceiling issue….excellent, good, fair or poor?

4* If the debt ceiling is not raised, the federal government will default on some of its loan obligations because it will not be able to make interest payments on the federal debt. If the government defaults on its debt, would that be good for the economy, bad for the economy, or have no impact on the economy?
5* Which is more dangerous in the short-term: the government defaulting on the federal debt or the failure to significantly cut government spending?

NOTE: Margin of Sampling Error, +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence

Talk about propaganda, what are the words you said in this post.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
You have absolutely no idea what you are taking about.

http://www.fordham.edu/images/academ...20election.pdf
I guess from that source Quinnipiac must not have been polling back in 2008. At any rate anybody who doesn't lean so far left knows that Rasmussen really fooled the Dems with their numbers. Thanks for showing the Ghost what the real truth about 2008 really was.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:52 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Why is Reid even at the table? Reid has never submitted a budget in over four years. Reid has no budget plan, no plan to reform SS or Medicare, no plan to pay down the debt, and no plan to reduce the size of the federal budget. Reid and 0bama present nothing of substance, and then sit in the back of the class and shoot spitballs at any ideas, solutions or plans that the the adults entering the room come up with.
Hey hey - you can't expect him to put those trivial issues ahead of the DREAM act - that's crazy talk!

Old 07-14-2011, 03:59 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
That aside, it does show that Americans do favor raising taxes on the wealthy, Rasmussen perhaps purposely decided to go with a more general tax question instead of a targeted tax question which of course is what the major stumbling block is in all of this.
Wow, if true that is pathetic.
Do people think they can survive as a country going after 5-10% of the people for most of the taxes? There isn't that much other people's money.
THEY NEED TO F'ING CUT ALL THEIR SPENDING.
To begin with half of all the wealthy disappeared after the economy went down because the way they made money had lots of risk.
If you raise taxes again, outside of getting lots of businesses closed, people fired and folks retiring, how much more do you think you get?

We are pulling a negative 2 trillion.
If taxes get raised they have to get most all of it from everyone else BUT the wealthy. They are giving till they bleed IMO.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I support raising taxes for the wealthy, but not for the lower or for the middle class.
Do you think that all income taxes should be raised or just those on the wealthy who make $250,000?

The other night I was discussing this with my mechanic son and he got out his trusty calculator because I told him that with the price of corn at an all time high some Iowa farmers may find themselves in that group of $250,000 tax payers. If they have a real bumper crop as many think they will 200 acres of 200 bushel corn would get them up to about $250,000. How do we stick them with something like that just because they have a bumper year?

Actually I wonder why everybody is so hot on hitting those "rich" people and not get to pay more themselves. I am in favor of just throwing out the whole Bush cut thing and let us all pay part of the cost.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You would think someone with a Doctorate could contsruct a set of sentences correctly, try and edit your posted "document" and let me know how credible you think they are. I go by what I see Ras post on a regular basis and if you actually think a far right leaning site polling 1000 people is giving you the truth I have some bottom land to sell ya, just watch out for the snakes and alligators.
Casper
I have only been poiled by Rasmussen once and they failed to ask my political lean. How many times have they called you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies