Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 11:43 AM

810 posts, read 837,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Nah, I wouldn't blame it on progressives. Fact is that most conservative people are religious, and religion kind of disqualifies them from academics as it casts doubt on their objectivity.

I am a liberal, but I do not consider abortion as a sacred right, especially not for any or no reason. I have about half a dozen reasons that in my view are acceptable, race, sexual orientation etc. are none of those reasons...
And I assume most liberals share that view, they won't have any problem defending the right to abortion and at the same time considering abortion because of homosexuality eugenics.
I thought liberals said "hands off women's wombs". Yet you are here directing which kind of choices women are allowed. When will it stop with liberals. If a woman does not want gay children, or those that might not be born to their specifications, that's their choice. Nobody should force them either way. Humanity is advancing at a rapid pace. Before women could only procreate with men from their close proximity, now they can go online and find a partner from anywhere around the world.
I guess the main issue is the liberal hysterics that emerge whenever certain crutch subjects are touched upon, such as race or homosexuality. So they make it seem like this kind of choice would lead to mass abortion of all children who would be born gay. That's not the way it works. A woman might not care what their children are as long as they are not severely deformed. Or they might even select for children who don't have a "religious" gene, so they can be born to be atheist, gender neutral progressives. That's what some liberal parents are doing to their children already. Force indoctrination occurs no matter what brand of ideology you choose to follow. But the main point is, hands off from woman's reproductive rights. It is not so different from white supremacists who are against any sort of interbreeding because it would be "genocide" to the white race. Whites will not be wiped out, and neither will gays simply because some people are allowed choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 12:01 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Try as they may their careers are thwarted by the 'progressives'. (You know, those nice people who gave us political correctness and speech codes.) In any case, my point remains: Liberals see abortion as a sacred right, to be granted on demand for any or no reason. Should a 'gay gene' ever be identified and women start aborting lest they give birth to gay children, the dilemma is entirely on the Left. Even hard-Right Christians are taught to love the sinner but hate the sin. The number of pro-Lifers that would have a change of heart in a life and death matter like abortion would be countable on one hand.
You mean those Christians that murder abortion providers and bomb abortion clinics and their supporters that cheer them on? Those Christians? The Westboro Baptist Church.....you mean Those Christians and others like them?

NEWSFLASH: If they could detect a "gay gene", liberals would not be the ones clamoring to abort.........people of the conservative, religious persuasion would be the ones using that criteria to abort.....no doubt about THAT.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:04 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
I thought liberals said "hands off women's wombs". Yet you are here directing which kind of choices women are allowed. When will it stop with liberals. If a woman does not want gay children, or those that might not be born to their specifications, that's their choice. Nobody should force them either way. Humanity is advancing at a rapid pace. Before women could only procreate with men from their close proximity, now they can go online and find a partner from anywhere around the world.
I guess the main issue is the liberal hysterics that emerge whenever certain crutch subjects are touched upon, such as race or homosexuality. So they make it seem like this kind of choice would lead to mass abortion of all children who would be born gay. That's not the way it works. A woman might not care what their children are as long as they are not severely deformed. Or they might even select for children who don't have a "religious" gene, so they can be born to be atheist, gender neutral progressives. That's what some liberal parents are doing to their children already. Force indoctrination occurs no matter what brand of ideology you choose to follow. But the main point is, hands off from woman's reproductive rights. It is not so different from white supremacists who are against any sort of interbreeding because it would be "genocide" to the white race. Whites will not be wiped out, and neither will gays simply because some people are allowed choices.
Well, it is my opinion, I don't care whether other liberals share my views. But I am sure many do when I say that homosexuality is not nearly as valid a reason for abortion as, say, rape...
I am a liberal, I am pro-choice and at the same time against abortion.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:16 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You mean those Christians that murder abortion providers and bomb abortion clinics and their supporters that cheer them on? Those Christians? The Westboro Baptist Church.....you mean Those Christians and others like them?

NEWSFLASH: If they could detect a "gay gene", liberals would not be the ones clamoring to abort.........people of the conservative, religious persuasion would be the ones using that criteria to abort.....no doubt about THAT.
How many murderers and bombers have there really been? Of course even one is one too many but you should rely on something less emotional than exaggeration in support of your argument.

I find plenty to doubt about your assertion that heretofore pro-Life Christians (and the irreligious pro-Lifers as well) would be stampeding to buy coat hangers the minute they discovered that their children might be born gay.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:19 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I am a liberal, but I do not consider abortion as a sacred right, especially not for any or no reason. I have about half a dozen reasons that in my view are acceptable, race, sexual orientation etc. are none of those reasons...
It doesn't matter. As it stands now, a woman can choose to have an abortion for any or no reason. She can keep her real reason a secret and nobody will ever know.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:23 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It doesn't matter. As it stands now, a woman can choose to have an abortion for any or no reason. She can keep her real reason a secret and nobody will ever know.
That may be. I was just writing my view, not quoting current US laws. This thread is all about theory...
I don't like the polarization in this thread, liberals think this way, conservatives think that way - that is just unrealistic as there are all kinds of views on these topics within each of the two political sides.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:36 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Blah, blah, blah! It has everything to do with just what I said it had to do with. Anytime someone uses X gene and abortion in the same sentence I think eugenics. The ONE exception to this would be in the case of a child who would be born into a life of suffering and hell due to severe birth defects. Think as you will. I don't really care.

I'm not gay so you can leave that out of it. Gay is no "crutch" to me anymore than is black, purple or polka dot, etc. And I am not that either.
Eugenics is working just the way it's been envisioned to work on the Black population. What's good for the goose is good for the gander...

Old 07-04-2011, 01:48 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
How would you feel about that? Would it bother you?

Old 07-04-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
How many murderers and bombers have there really been? Of course even one is one too many but you should rely on something less emotional than exaggeration in support of your argument.

Exaggeration? The people that do those things are ALWAYS religious and usually belong to pro-life groups with thousands of members that support what they do, although they may not admit it publicly.

Exaggeration? You mean like pro-lifers contending that a women 8 months pregnant can just waltz right into a clinic and get an abortion....just because she feels like it? You mean like proclaiming that 8-10 week fetuses bemoan the fact that they were aborted? You mean like comparing 10 week fetuses to two year old children? Like that?

I find plenty to doubt about your assertion that heretofore pro-Life Christians (and the irreligious pro-Lifers as well) would be stampeding to buy coat hangers the minute they discovered that their children might be born gay.
Why don't you take the time to read some of the anti-gay threads here on CD, especially in the religious forums, and then get back to me on that one, OK?

Old 07-04-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
How would you feel about that? Would it bother you?
Yes, it would bother me, but I would certainly not want to take away a woman's right to choose just because of my own personal feelings about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies