Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 11:39 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Truth be told, there are even politicians that would do away with a minimum wage if they had their way.

there should NOT be a federal minimum wage...it should be set by the states
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 11:58 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
there should NOT be a federal minimum wage...it should be set by the states
Yeah, that plan should work out just great. Soon enough, you'll be able to find Americans who will work for $2 an hour. Then jobs will come back from India, China, etc. because it will be cheaper to have Americans do the work here for slave wages. Of course we'll soon look like a 3rd world country with shanty towns everywhere, but I suppose that's what the Republican dream really is... creating poor, uneducated masses to serve the needs of the rich, corporate elite.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:13 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Yeah, that plan should work out just great. Soon enough, you'll be able to find Americans who will work for $2 an hour. Then jobs will come back from India, China, etc. because it will be cheaper to have Americans do the work here for slave wages. Of course we'll soon look like a 3rd world country with shanty towns everywhere, but I suppose that's what the Republican dream really is... creating poor, uneducated masses to serve the needs of the rich, corporate elite.
Can you believe these people???

Ikea is already cashing in on our soon to be third world status....

shergawia Ikea’s sweatshop secrets | LA Times (http://abudai.tumblr.com/post/4518946471 - broken link)

Old 07-05-2011, 12:13 PM

455 posts, read 633,169 times
I support a flat tax or fair tax, its simpler and people can't hide from it, it's funny that to

"Patriot" types, the last thing they want to do is support their own country!

Old 07-05-2011, 12:36 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Can you believe these people???

Ikea is already cashing in on our soon to be third world status....

shergawia Ikea’s sweatshop secrets | LA Times (http://abudai.tumblr.com/post/4518946471 - broken link)
Yeah, I heard about that the other day. Sure, jobs will come back to the U.S. if we continue the way we're headed, but at what cost? Do people really really want to live in a country where the majority of people live in poverty?

Old 07-05-2011, 01:05 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
All that you did was to oppose my statements without acknowledging the reality. Not everyone has the same living situation,...
There is no prerequisite 'living situation' that you must have before you can stop feeling a victim.

Quote:
... [Not everyone has the same] ... education
There is no prerequisite 'education' that you must have before you can stop feeling a victim.

Quote:
... [Not everyone has the same] ... family
There is no prerequisite 'family' that you must have before you can stop feeling a victim.

Quote:
... It is becoming more and more difficult to obtain a college degree due to costs and yes, small business is being deprived of credit.
There are always reasons to be a victim.

"The sun rose this morning I am so victimized by it."

"It rained for a bit today, woo is me, now I can never be wealthy because it rained today"

Fortunately neither a college degree nor credit is needed to be successful.

Quote:
... Truth be told, there are even politicians that would do away with a minimum wage if they had their way.

As for Wall Street thieves...at least when the right wing was not fighting tooth and nail to bow down and do the bidding of their masters, there was such a thing called REGULATION.
Is that really 'truth'?

Old 07-05-2011, 02:00 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
There is no prerequisite 'living situation' that you must have before you can stop feeling a victim.

There is no prerequisite 'education' that you must have before you can stop feeling a victim.

There is no prerequisite 'family' that you must have before you can stop feeling a victim.

There are always reasons to be a victim.

"The sun rose this morning I am so victimized by it."

"It rained for a bit today, woo is me, now I can never be wealthy because it rained today"

Fortunately neither a college degree nor credit is needed to be successful.

Is that really 'truth'?
You sound very much like someone that is in therapy to overcome what you are accusing others of. I say this because it sounds as if you had a personal revelation and cannot stop talking about it no matter how much you are mistaken and annoying to others. Seriously, do you know how many times you have used the word "victim" in a thread that is about unbalanced taxation. Sounds like you are parroting psychobabble.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 07-05-2011 at 02:18 PM..

Old 07-05-2011, 06:21 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
For the past decade, we have doubled down on this theory of supply-side economics with the tax cuts sponsored by President George W. Bush in 2001 and 2003, which President Obama has agreed to continue for two years.

You would think that whether this grand experiment worked would be settled after three decades. You would think the practitioners of the dismal science of economics would look at their demand curves and the data on incomes and taxes and pronounce a verdict, the way Galileo and Copernicus did when they showed that geocentrism was a fantasy because Earth revolves around the sun (known as heliocentrism). But economics is not like that. It is not like physics with its laws and arithmetic with its absolute values.

The top 300,000 Americans now enjoy almost as much income as the bottom 150 million, the data show.

9 Things The Rich Don’t Want You To Know About Taxes | The Global Realm
IMO, you are just jealous that you re not one of those 300,000. Sorry, but, no one feels sorry for you.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Unless you admit you are willing to work for $2 an hour, your claims are just plain ridiculous.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:52 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
All that you did was to oppose my statements without acknowledging the reality. Not everyone has the same living situation, education, family dependents, etc. It is becoming more and more difficult to obtain a college degree due to costs and yes, small business is being deprived of credit.
Survey finds banks denying loans to small businesses | Los Angeles Business from bizjournals

Truth be told, there are even politicians that would do away with a minimum wage if they had their way.

As for Wall Street thieves...at least when the right wing was not fighting tooth and nail to bow down and do the bidding of their masters, there was such a thing called REGULATION.
By Ian Swanson - 05/20/10 06:00 AM ET
More entrepreneurs launched new businesses in 2009 than at any other time in the past 14 years, according to a study released Thursday.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/newre...ply&p=19883973

So what is your excuse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies