Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 09:38 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times

Advertisements

Sometimes it's really surprising the things that Obama says and does. So un-presidential. So divisive. Hateful. Racist. You name it.

Perhaps on some level he believes that the progressives are wrong and the conservative way might be the right way. So he is taking things as far as possible in the progressive direction in order to show everyone how bad things can actually get by going in that direction.

Like a cry for help.

In his last speech he basically trashed all of congress in both parties by implying that his very young son had more common sense than all of them. I think that was an effort to impress his son (years later) just to salvage something from the mess he has created, and perhaps he is just giving up at this point and doesn't even care anymore about what he says or how it affects him.

What do you think? Has anyone else suspected that he has doubts about liberalism, perhaps even subconsciously? I'm not certain of this, but the thought has crossed my mind many times since the Tea Party movement began.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 09:47 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I think he "knows whats happening" in a sense that there is actually little he can do as POTUS to change certain things.

Your liberal fantasy is basically just that however.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:11 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post

In his last speech he basically trashed all of congress in both parties by implying that his very young son had more common sense than all of them. I think that was an effort to impress his son (years later) just to salvage something from the mess he has created, and perhaps he is just giving up at this point and doesn't even care anymore about what he says or how it affects him.
Lol, wat?

Old 07-03-2011, 10:34 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think he "knows whats happening" in a sense that there is actually little he can do as POTUS to change certain things.

Your liberal fantasy is basically just that however.
Was he forced against his will to send drones into Libya and bomb civilians there (not to mention Pakistan and Syria)? I don't think so. I think there is a LOT he could do or restrain himself from doing.

On the other hand, maybe you are right and the Globalists cornered him and forced him into starting all these new wars. Perhaps if his campaign hadn't been paid for by the elites he wouldn't have to follow their agenda and could think for himself and do what was/is right for the people of our country.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:40 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
I think you're delusional, actually.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:45 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
This Obama hatred is a disease bordering on paranoia. What substantiates this claim that he is divisive, hateful or racist? His rhetoric is centrist, middle of the road at best. Good for him to trash both parties in Congress because that only proves the OP wrong about the divisiveness issue. Clearly he sees both parties as contributing to the problems we have. What's wrong with that?

The OP thinks there's only two ways, conservative and liberal. That right there should have precluded me from posting, but I'd love to read where Obama's been what the OP claims. There are shades of gray and this President has been living in that gray area since he took office. Any claim to him being a bona fide extremist, I gotta hear. And the source can't be from an extremist from the right because anyone that far off the road would not be able to see the traffic.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:49 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
This Obama hatred is a disease bordering on paranoia. What substantiates this claim that he is divisive, hateful or racist? His rhetoric is centrist, middle of the road at best. Good for him to trash both parties in Congress because that only proves the OP wrong about the divisiveness issue. Clearly he sees both parties as contributing to the problems we have. What's wrong with that?

The OP thinks there's only two ways, conservative and liberal. That right there should have precluded me from posting, but I'd love to read where Obama's been what the OP claims. There are shades of gray and this President has been living in that gray area since he took office. Any claim to him being a bona fide extremist, I gotta hear. And the source can't be from an extremist from the right because anyone that far off the road would not be able to see the traffic.

Cannot rep you again as I have to spread it around. I must say, you have more patience than I do.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:07 PM

288 posts, read 168,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Sometimes it's really surprising the things that Obama says and does. So un-presidential. So divisive. Hateful. Racist. You name it.

Perhaps on some level he believes that the progressives are wrong and the conservative way might be the right way. So he is taking things as far as possible in the progressive direction in order to show everyone how bad things can actually get by going in that direction.

Like a cry for help.

What do you think? Has anyone else suspected that he has doubts about liberalism, perhaps even subconsciously? I'm not certain of this, but the thought has crossed my mind many times since the Tea Party movement began.
His son? I didn't know the President had a son. Amazing that he has been in office this long and someone doesn't know that he has two daughters.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:11 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
I think Obama is a smart man who is in over his head. It's one thing to be a state senator and shoot the breeze with your fellow academics about the state of Washington and if you ever got the chance you would do it better than the other guy. But he won and dragged a lot of his wishful thinking academics along with him and they are destroying the economy.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:41 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I think Obama is a smart man who is in over his head. It's one thing to be a state senator and shoot the breeze with your fellow academics about the state of Washington and if you ever got the chance you would do it better than the other guy. But he won and dragged a lot of his wishful thinking academics along with him and they are destroying the economy.
I would agree except for the word smart. No, he is not a smart person. A smart person does not read everything from a teleprompter and say so many things that hurt him and his party. Maybe he is an "intellectual" but that's not a virtue.

George W Bush on the other hand was a smart president. Obviously, not the smartest. So was Clinton. However, you would never hear a Democrat even begin to acknowledge that Bush was smart. I would be very suprised if one ever did.

In regards to Obama's "son." Sorry for the mistake. I misheard his speech and was also surprised to hear that he had a son because I thought it was only daughters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies