Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 10:29 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,995,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
That might be the most hypocritical group of statements ever made by a single person in the history of CD.
Please do explain. I have no love for those who claim to be christian or their religion, but I do have respect for the fact that this guy thought it was right for him and he attended for years and the church failed him in the end.

How is this hypocrisy on my part?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 10:29 PM

520 posts, read 730,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Excuse me! Just where are the lies in the OP?!

And take that self-righteous beam out of your own eye before you go blabbing on telling someone else to do the same.

BTW, most organized religion (along with their followers) deserve to be degraded - at least those of the christian persuasion.
This is my first time posting in the politics forum, but umm, Its funny to me how people in favor of gay rights(gay marriage) bash Christianinty. Im Catholic and I don't go around saying bad things about gay people even though I don't agree with their life choices. I really just turn the other cheek to it because thats what Jesus would've done. God is the final judge of everyone not me.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:31 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,283,470 times
On topic just need time to get there -------

Years ago when I was still a flight attendant for a major U.S. airline, I had a passenger on one of my flights that was on her way to The Oprah Winfrey Show.

This women had retired from a job at an all-white college where she was employed as, I believe, if my memory is correct a cleaning lady. In any case, her job would definitely not be considered "professional".

In spite of her average salary, this women had managed to save, and subsequently donate a million dollars to the university where she had been employed.

I was not able to watch her appearance on the Oprah show, I was working and did not own a computer. Not sure if it would have been online then any way.

I have often wondered what motivated a black women to leave a million dollars to an all-white college.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Nothing was censored, I did it myself because I know the rules here. Now give up with all of the Christian hating and bashing, you don't know anything about me, my beliefs or my church therefore all of the ignorant assumptions you're making are wrong as expected.

Don't even try to tell me that I should be compassionate towards someone else while you have the never to say that I deserve to be degraded because of my personal religious beliefs. I'm apparently a lot more compassionate than you are.
Oh, it sure shows based on your statements. And in my world, it's christian - lower case.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:32 PM

419 posts, read 365,171 times
Quote:
Please do explain. I have no love for those who claim to be christian or their religion, but I do have respect for the fact that this guy thought it was right for him and he attended for years and the church failed him in the end.

How is this hypocrisy on my part?
You do know that not all Christians are bad people?

Old 07-04-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
This is my first time posting in the politics forum, but umm, Its funny to me how people in favor of gay rights(gay marriage) bash Christianinty. Im Catholic and I don't go around saying bad things about gay people even though I don't agree with their life choices. I really just turn the other cheek to it because thats what Jesus would've done. God is the final judge of everyone not me.
Gee, maybe it's because RW christians (not normally Catholics) have a tendency to bash gays! I just have a tendency to defend them - the underdog.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:35 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Oh, it sure shows based on your statements. And in my world, it's christian - lower case.
My statements show as much compassion as yours have so far in this thread and I'm well aware that you purposely spell Christian with a lower case c in some lame attempt to anger people like a middle school kid.

I personally feel that idiots who make hypocritical statements that they aren't smart enough to comprehend deserve to be degraded. Take that however you like sweetheart.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyone57 View Post
You do know that not all Christians are bad people?
No, the liberal ones are not. The ones that voted for Bush and support war are.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:37 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Gee, maybe it's because RW christians (not normally Catholics) have a tendency to bash gays! I just have a tendency to defend them - the underdog.
So in turn you bash Christians for no reason whatsoever... sounds like a great plan to spread the love. Stay classy.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:37 PM

419 posts, read 365,171 times
Quote:
No, the liberal ones are not. The ones that voted for Bush and support war are.
Are you serious? If you are then I kind of fell bad for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies