Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 11:35 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,847,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
How the hell do you pass healthcare "with" the American people?? Send the bill out and if a majority of the 300,000,000 Americans signs it then it becomes law???? Is that something new?

The American people didn't support the current health care plan but Democrats passed it against the will of the American people, the majority of Americans want Obamacare repealed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 11:37 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,847,588 times
Quote:
The people voted for Barack Obama in 2008 and health care was a huge part of his platform. It's not like this was some kind of surprise
"Health Care" may have been part of his platform but the American people were and still are against this particular health care bill. Hell I'm all for health care reform but anyone with a brain is against Obamacare.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:37 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,079 times
Quote:
The people voted for Barack Obama in 2008 and health care was a huge part of his platform. It's not like this was some kind of surprise
No the suprise was he did it without all the American peoples blessing behind closed doors with non elected officials,lobbyists writing it...or even reading it before its passage. I do not want socialized medicine here and i did not vote for him or his platform.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:34 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
No the suprise was he did it without all the American peoples blessing behind closed doors with non elected officials,lobbyists writing it...or even reading it before its passage. I do not want socialized medicine here and i did not vote for him or his platform.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:21 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It's how it's been since day one. Obama is a coward and would rather cave to the right and their horrific policies than fight for what is right. Pretty much every conversation i'm sure goes like this.

Republicans: Let's cut spending and balance the budget!

Obama: Sounds like a plan!

Republicans: Let's slash medicare, medicaid,..

Obama: Hold on now, those are essential programs, how about we slash the pork like the bloated military, handouts to the massive corporations and the tax cuts for the rich?

Republicans: No, and especially not our tax cuts.

Obama: We both need to make some cuts

Republicans: No, only "your" stuff, nothing on our side.

Obama: Come on guys, just a little?

Republicans: No

Obama: Please?

Republicans: No

Obama:,....Ok
Oh I am sure that is exactly how it goes... but it needs some unicorns and rainbows to really fill it out. /boggle

Old 07-05-2011, 09:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The past has shown them this is an easy thing to do. The on the job training for the Community Organizer In Chief is not going well at all.
1/20/13.....

Obama plays nice, GOP turns tough - CNN.com

Balanced Budget Amendment to the constitution and you will get your debt ceiling raised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies