Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 12:26 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,190 times

Advertisements

I'm going to end this once and for all: I did it! There, I confessed. I did it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 12:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty223 View Post
Why are you so mad? I can tell you don't know what you're talking about. She didn't even call in that her daughter was missing... even after months. Oh, you think that's okay? Lmao. She also lied more than 3 times which she is being punished for as well.

Can you read? You are just restating what I said. Obviously, there wasn't enough evidence for the case, so she's free. So you can stop repeating. Case Closed. You can dry your tears now.
Why would i be mad if you really believe that i'm on her side? LOL...if i'm on her side, and she's found not-guilty, i would be happy, right?

I'm here nor there in this case. I'm not from Florida, and i don't try to adjudicate cases from the comfort of a Lazy Boy 2500 miles away.

Not calling in a death and proving murder are obviously two different things....and the jury thought so too.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:38 AM

288 posts, read 167,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Well said. I feel so relieved. It was UN-Merciful the way Nancy (Witch) Grace butchered Casey daily ...stirring a Mob gang of 'red neck' mentality....into a frenzy.

No proof....Not Guilty. The Jury did so well.....America is somewhat restored in the Justice system.
"Mob gang of 'red neck' mentality.....into a frenzy."

Nancy Grace is also trying to make people think that she is such an ethical person and that she would never have a celebration party if she won a big case like this. Ugh! Nancy is just okay with winning at any cost, including unethical behavior (i.e. cheating) to win a case and getting reprimanded by a higher court for her unethical behavior!. Yeah, we all are so impressed with Nancy Grace's attempt at shedding tears tonight.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:57 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
"Mob gang of 'red neck' mentality.....into a frenzy."

Nancy Grace is also trying to make people think that she is such an ethical person and that she would never have a celebration party if she won a big case like this. Ugh! Nancy is just okay with winning at any cost, including unethical behavior (i.e. cheating) to win a case and getting reprimanded by a higher court for her unethical behavior!. Yeah, we all are so impressed with Nancy Grace's attempt at shedding tears tonight.
I'm just tired of hearing that shrill and twangy, man-haters voice of Nancy Grace day after day. Thankfully this trial is over so that I can now watch GMA in peace.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:05 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,558,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
It is being carried on all those stations BECAUSE Nancy Grace has made it such a sensational case by hammering, hammering, hammering every night. Btw, doesn't CNN own HLN channel? HLN is the root of all this media attention. First In Session was showing the trial from the morning until 3:00 p.m., the HLN took over the broadcast until the evening when all the various tabloid programs they carry started focusing on the trial and character assasination of Casey Anthony every day! And Nancy Grace has been the QUEEN OF MEAN on this story for months and months.
Nancy is not a soft touch. In this case, she is speaking for the majority of the public. You think all the other networks cover a case because she does? I don't believe she has that much influence. Most people aren't very fond of her, myself included, she has a nasty disposition. Like I said, even other countries are reporting on this case.. If we're not interested, we don't watch. Natalie Hollaway, Anna Nicole Smith, Michael Jackson are a few that grabbed media attention. I don't know why this disturbs you so much, although I will concede that the Natalie case wasn't worth the time spent, imo. Greta grabbed that one, and wouldn't let go.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I'm just tired of hearing that shrill and twangy, man-haters voice of Nancy Grace day after day. Thankfully this trial is over so that I can now watch GMA in peace.
GMA? what's that
You could have watched it on Fox or CNN, if she bothers you so much - learn to use your remote.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:18 AM

288 posts, read 167,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
Karma will take care of Ms. Anthony, just like it did to OJ.
What kind of karma do you think people are racking up for themselves when they wish harm on Casey Anthony, send hatred to her, and call her all manner of bad names? I mean, if you believe in karma........cause and effect. The energy you send out comes back to you, and all that.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:25 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,543,784 times
And then of course I see everyone filling petitions for "Caylee's Law" for what sounds like something that pops somebody with a felony if they don't report their kid as missing as soon as possible. You don't necessarily know if they're missing. If somebody tries to hide a killing like this, then there's already a charge for that and it's called conspiracy to commit murder. Sometimes these knee-jerk legislation pushes lead to unintended effects after they're rushed through. While a sex offender registry was nice, there was no need to put 18-year-old kids who slept with their 16-year-old girlfriends. But they rush that stuff through, because any politician who votes against it faces the "OMG HE HATES DEAD KIDS THROW THE BUM OUT" mob come election time.

Quote:
I wonder if you felt the same way about the OJ trial, Drew Peterson, Scott Peterson.
OJ was a public figure long before the trial for a crime committed in the midst of celebrity central, so I can understand the media circus. To an extent. But who was Scott Peterson? And who the hell was Casey Anthony? Why doesn't everyone who gets killed get their cases played out on Headline News and get laws named after them?

Of course all of these cases have a common denominator that could be a convenient explanation for everything.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:26 AM

1,446 posts, read 3,550,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Yes and that is the problem with our society today, in regards to the criminal justice system. People play "Clue," watch CSI on TV, and believe that is how things REALLY work; when NOTHING could be further from the truth.

People want: DNA, fingerprints, tool mark impressions, forensic dentists, et al. ALL because they saw it on TV. For MOST people, they get everything they know from the television.

To them: Perception IS reality.

This.

Some of the worst people judging Casey Anthony are Kim Kardashian(father was O.J.'s lawyer) and some people in drug court. If circumstantial evidence was all that was needed, they'd be in prison, not just getting tested twice a month.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:27 AM

In retrospect, we have to remember that the jury doesn't get all the behind the scenes info that we get. To be fair, nobody proved Caylee drowned, nobody proved accidental death, nobody proved chloroform was used on her, couldn't prove the tape suffocated her, couldn't prove how she died, and couldn't prove Casey murdered her. I believe all her actions point to that end, but believing and proving are 2 different things. Perhaps the jury was right. I really really hate to say that.
She got away with it this time, by sheer luck - all the evidence was too degraded.
The jury asked themselves why a seemingly good mother would kill her child. If Cindy, George or Lee were honest, they could have painted a different picture of this "loving" mother. They can't be a clueless as they appear to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies