Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 11:28 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
People have been convicted of murder with LESS evidence than was presented during this trial.
Which is irrelevant, as the evidence STILL needs to tie the defendant to the crime, and the evidence presented did NOT do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
We need jurors who don't expect DNA, blood, fingerprints, incontrovertible forensic evidence in every case. Jurors who don't look for a 'possible' innocent explanation for every individual piece of evidence, but instead view the totality of evidence. Too much watching CSI, not enough common sense.
The jurors didn't expect any of that in this case.

Just concrete evidence that linked the defendant to the crime.

Which there was none.

If we use "common sense" to convict people, America will be MUCH worse off.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I would think that any parent whose two year old child is missing and does not report it to authorities for over 31 days, would at least be charged with child abuse by neglect. No child that young will do well if missing.
Neglect at most. But, if I'm correct, the jury can only rule on the charges that were pressed. And neglect was not one of them.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:39 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
People have been convicted of murder with LESS evidence than was presented during this trial.
.....and executed.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:40 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times
Quote:
The sickest part about it all is that this witch could earn millions of dollars book/movie deals, etc.

DISGUSTING!
Oh, she will! And partying hard! As Casey's tattoo she got during the 31 days she failed to report missing Caylee says "Bella Viva" (beautiful life)...

Party on Casey - you murdered your baby and are now free as a bird with great wealth on your doorstep thanks to an ignorant jury.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:40 AM

812 posts, read 595,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Well Valerie....its not my JOB to find who put the tape on Caylees mouth....that was for the police and prosecution.....it wasnt the juries job to find any alternate perp than Casey. It was the jurys job to find the accused either guilty or innocent BASED on the evidence presented to them. They did that.....you can look into your crystal ball all you want and come up with whatever dot connecting theory you care too; however, fact is she was found not guilty......get over it

yup, I guess your right Jareb, another murderer walks the streets and once again hedonism and cultural degradation trumps decency and commmon sense and the culture sinks one more increment of depth into cultural decadence. Don't like your child suffocate him and get a book deal. Don't like your neighbor, invite him in, kill him and get a book deal. We are now living in a society in which evil triumphs and with all disrespect, it triumphs because of people like many that we know, walk and talk with daily. Most of them are demorats It is the same mindset, gutter socialization, pseudo intellectualism, cultual depredation. I carry a gun in my purse and there is a reason i do!

Old 07-06-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Oh, she will! And partying hard! As Casey's tattoo she got during the 31 days she failed to report missing Caylee says "Bella Viva" (beautiful life)...

Party on Casey - you murdered your baby and are now free as a bird with great wealth on your doorstep thanks to an ignorant jury.
You say "ignorant jury", the law says "Jury that did their job".

I'd rather have a jury that actually does their job than a jury that rules on "common sense" and emotion.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:44 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
You say "ignorant jury", the law says "Jury that did their job".

I'd rather have a jury that actually does their job than a jury that rules on "common sense" and emotion.
It's a toss up whether they even understand the rule of law.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:45 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Does anyone give hoot about the thousands of American children who are abused, murdered or raped my momma's boyfriend that DO NOT get national attention.

Why the fixation on this child? Why the fixation on this child's mother? What makes them different? Luck of the draw? Bad chit happens to children everyday in this country.

We could have said the same thing about Elizabeth Smart, Natilie Hollaway, etc., etc.,

The media chooses a kid to focus upon and that's that. The public follows. Ironic that the media usually chooses the White kids. Yeah, yah, I know. But it is the truth.
The term for it is "Missing White Woman (or Girl) Syndrome.

CNN.com - Anderson Cooper 360° Blog

If you

Capitol Hill Blue: The pretty missing white girl syndrome

Old 07-06-2011, 11:45 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I would think that any parent whose two year old child is missing and does not report it to authorities for over 31 days, would at least be charged with child abuse by neglect. No child that young will do well if missing.
She wasn't missing, her "mother" knew exactly where she was, a hole in the backyard at first and thown in the woods like trash afterward.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies