Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 08:47 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,542,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I just heard on FOX News an interview with crime reporter Aphrodite Jones that there are two witness tampering investigations taking place, both of which are detrimental to the Casey Anthony defense team. She said that one of the two witness tampering investigations does not look good at all for Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's lead defense attorney.
Not surprised, Baez is nothin but an ambulance chaser that struck gold.

Quote:
It has taken a while for Baez to establish himself as a defense lawyer. Despite graduating from law school in 1997, the Navy veteran was denied admission to the Florida bar for eight years until 2005.
An order by the Supreme Court of Florida states that he was denied admission because of his failure to pay child support to his ex-wife and secure life and health insurance for his teenage daughter. It states that he had previously declared bankruptcy, written bad checks and defaulted on student loans, the court said.
The Florida Supreme Court said his financial mishaps coupled with failure to pay child support "show a lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law."
WHTM abc27 - Casey Anthony's lawyer Jose Baez has trials of his own
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 12:23 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,460,144 times
Casey Anthony's Father Says She's Not Welcome to Come Home

Old 07-15-2011, 03:27 PM

1,932 posts, read 1,821,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You don't like to learn from mistakes, do you?'

You post your same mantra over and over without providing any logical argument as to how you came up with your conclusions. Perhaps the jury made this same failure of critical thinking.
Mistakes? You are funny.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:42 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,497,754 times
Quote:
I think that is the right thing to do considering that she tried to throw him under the bus to save herself.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:15 AM

15,701 posts, read 17,001,975 times
Quote:
I am sure this could be true.....but where and when did he actually say it? I haven't seen that reported anywhere.

He didn't say it on the stand and he has done no interviews that I am aware of.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:18 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,542,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am sure this could be true.....but where and when did he actually say it? I haven't seen that reported anywhere.

His attorney is denying that George said it.
George is advocating for Caylee's Law, making it a crime not to report a missing child.

Last edited by claudhopper; 07-16-2011 at 01:34 AM..

Old 07-16-2011, 03:31 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,886,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
His attorney is denying that George said it.
George is advocating for Caylee's Law, making it a crime not to report a missing child.
i didn't want to get sucked back into the anthony story, but that whole family should just shut up.

he didn't report his granddaughter missing either.

the damage has been done and cannot be undone, and the sooner that entire family fades from the news the better our country will be.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:04 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,197,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

George Anthony, Casey Anthony's Father, Says She's Not Welcome Home

Old 07-16-2011, 12:04 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,001,975 times
From what that article reports.....George saying that Casey is not welcome at home is just another unsubstantiated rumor.

I don't believe George molested Casey and I don't believe he had anything to do with Caylee's death.

Casey was pissed because once George knew Caylee was missing......he held her feet to the fire and didn't blindly believe her tall tales......and she decided to make him pay for that, IMO. Unlike Cindy, he wasn't willing to give her a pass on what happened to Caylee.....he held her responsible.

Really, I don't think her parents want her back in their home, especially under the circumstances.

Casey refusing a visit from her mother? I am not buying the spin the media is putting on that one either.

If Casey and her mother had a visit in the jail.....it would be taped and all over the news in a hearbeat. Casey may have refused that visit because she knew it would end up on Nancy Grace.

I am not saying there is any love lost between Casey and her mother.....but we still don't know WHY she refused that visit and we don't know if Casey and her mother will make contact once Casey's every move isn't being recorded.

Last edited by Annie53; 07-16-2011 at 12:17 PM..

Old 07-17-2011, 11:46 AM

4,166 posts, read 6,299,579 times
Jane "double last name" (Jane Velez-Mitchell) is ranting and raving on HLN right now about Casey being released...She keeps saying that the public should boycott any interviews Casey gives or books she might write etc...But it all seems strange to me because Jane and Nancy Grace and others are sure benefiting from Casey's story and life...Talk about sensationalism. They have a vested interest in keeping it all alive. They seem like "ambulance chasers" to me too!...Oh well! Time to switch channels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies