Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 03:56 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,050,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Obama did not face a huge amount of racism- he was elected by a comfortable majority if my memory serves me. Indeed, if Barack Obama had been a white junior Senator with the same record by the name of Barry O. Bammington III, he would have been laughed out of the primaries.

Yea, that's really racism.

He faced some minor league, mostly sophmoric instances of racism from his own party. Namely Bill Clinton, Harry Reid, Joe Biden, and Jesse Jackson. You can Google the quotes yourself. Or you can continue to pretend they did not happen.

Birthers? Bunch of babbling idiots akin to those liberals who think Bush blew up the towers and Afghanistan is all about pipelines.

And btw jbcmh81- Rush Limbaugh is somewhat annoying entertainer on the radio. Jesse Jackson is an ordained minister, voice of conscience, Civil Rights leader, former Democratic Presidential candidate, and the acknowleged heir to legacy of the great Martin Luther King Jr. He is also a racist anti-Semite, shakedown artist, and an adulterer who dispenses with his so-called morals for his own gratification. Then there is his crook of a son, but that is another story.

Nah, your no Democrat. Just an apologist for their sleazery.
I'm not sure how Obama winning automatically would negate the racism he experienced. It didn't and doesn't now. While this country has made tremendous strides over the years on this issue, it is still far too prevelant with some groups and areas.

I also am pretty sure that I said racism was disgusting no matter the source. If any liberals or Democrats take part in it, I'm certainly not going to excuse it. I'm not part of the older generation where this was much more common, and find the concept of it to be baffling in general.

And we agree that birthers are idiots, and we agree that they are no different than the liberals who believe the 9/11 conspiracy crap. But if any liberal believes Afghanistan is all about pipelines, they are double stupid. Afghanistan is not exactly known for oil. However, they do have a vast amount of other natural resources as discovered only more recently. Whether or not that factors into the equation, I couldn't say. Given human nature, we are sorta attracted to pretty rocks, wouldn't you say?

Limbaugh is not just a mere entertainer. He has one of the most popular radio programs in the country and is regularly quoted and in the news. People actually believe what he says. His sole intent seems to divide people for political gain of those whose beliefs he supports. Sorry, but he is not just an entertainer. And I've already said Jackson is a douche.

If you think I'm an apologist for the Democrats, you don't know what that even means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 11:57 AM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
He would fit right in with the current crowd.
Was this in reference to Phelps or Duke or both?

Since he's a scummy liar with mental issues I think he'd fit in well with most politicians.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:12 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,769,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I'm not sure how Obama winning automatically would negate the racism he experienced. It didn't and doesn't now. While this country has made tremendous strides over the years on this issue, it is still far too prevelant with some groups and areas.

I also am pretty sure that I said racism was disgusting no matter the source. If any liberals or Democrats take part in it, I'm certainly not going to excuse it. I'm not part of the older generation where this was much more common, and find the concept of it to be baffling in general.

And we agree that birthers are idiots, and we agree that they are no different than the liberals who believe the 9/11 conspiracy crap. But if any liberal believes Afghanistan is all about pipelines, they are double stupid. Afghanistan is not exactly known for oil. However, they do have a vast amount of other natural resources as discovered only more recently. Whether or not that factors into the equation, I couldn't say. Given human nature, we are sorta attracted to pretty rocks, wouldn't you say?

Limbaugh is not just a mere entertainer. He has one of the most popular radio programs in the country and is regularly quoted and in the news. People actually believe what he says. His sole intent seems to divide people for political gain of those whose beliefs he supports. Sorry, but he is not just an entertainer. And I've already said Jackson is a douche.

If you think I'm an apologist for the Democrats, you don't know what that even means.
What racism did he experience? I would be curious to know.

Limbaugh? Give me a break. What about Keith Olbermann, Bill Maar, or Rachel Maddow? Liberals dominate the media, so why would anyone care if some conservative guy does a good act (you do know a lot of its an act, right?).

Old 07-07-2011, 12:36 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,474,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
White Supremacists Running for Political Office in 2012 in Growing Numbers - The Daily Beast

Nice the KKK and neo-Confederates are trying to re-brand itself, since Duke hasn't held a GOP since 2000 as a "member of the Louisiana House of Representatives and Republican executive-committee chairman in his district". At least the bigots know where to go to get their endorsement.
yep the former DEMOCRAT pres candidate in 1988

he's also anti-jewish..making him a good liberal

Old 07-07-2011, 04:30 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,050,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
What racism did he experience? I would be curious to know.

Limbaugh? Give me a break. What about Keith Olbermann, Bill Maar, or Rachel Maddow? Liberals dominate the media, so why would anyone care if some conservative guy does a good act (you do know a lot of its an act, right?).
What about... who the f*ck cares? Political pundits are mostly partisan hacks who get loads of gullible people to follow their every word. This is true on both sides of the aisle. Let me ask you... why is playing the "but they do it too!!!" argument so important to you? It doesn't actually refute that people like Limbaugh (and yes, Olbermann, Maher, etc) pull this crap. It would be fine if none of them were taken seriously, but clearly they are by far too many people. They do have a level of influence. Frankly, saying that what they do is all merely an act makes it even worse, as what they really do is divide the population and make the political scene even more chaotic and partisan. They are all douches.

As far as Obama goes, if you truly believe that a black man with a Arab-sounding name faced absolutely zero racism in the run-up to president, I have some oceanfront property to sell you. There are plenty of examples. I myself experienced it over and over again during the campaign in general conversations, and there were quite a few incidents that made headlines. You are free to educate yourself on the matter.... or not.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:24 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,769,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
What about... who the f*ck cares? Political pundits are mostly partisan hacks who get loads of gullible people to follow their every word. This is true on both sides of the aisle. Let me ask you... why is playing the "but they do it too!!!" argument so important to you? It doesn't actually refute that people like Limbaugh (and yes, Olbermann, Maher, etc) pull this crap. It would be fine if none of them were taken seriously, but clearly they are by far too many people. They do have a level of influence. Frankly, saying that what they do is all merely an act makes it even worse, as what they really do is divide the population and make the political scene even more chaotic and partisan. They are all douches.

As far as Obama goes, if you truly believe that a black man with a Arab-sounding name faced absolutely zero racism in the run-up to president, I have some oceanfront property to sell you. There are plenty of examples. I myself experienced it over and over again during the campaign in general conversations, and there were quite a few incidents that made headlines. You are free to educate yourself on the matter.... or not.
It would be great to educate myself if you would offer at least one example of any substance. Thus far you have not. I am sure you could stretch the criteria down to and including some clown with a 4th grade education bemoaning Obama's name. Yea gee, reall KK stuff that is.

I don't get your crowd. Obama won. He won big. He won decisively. Indeed he won easily. A black man with almost NO EXPERIENCE soundly defeated an experienced, seasoned and more or less decent Senator.

He won despite his own allies making racist remarks. Harry Reid, Joe Biden, Jesse Jackson, and Bill Clinton all made disparaging or racist remarks about Obama. And guys like you don't say boo.

Obama's friend and minister Jeremiah Wright is a full blown racist maniac. And your crowd ignores that. Where was your outrage?

The fact is Obama won big and now you have lost your chief weapon- Victimization. Instead of celebrating that Obama won, you start to invent new slights and conspiracies. You search the net endlessly for some hillbilly that dislikes Obama and try to present it as a pattern.

Do you really think that is going to work? Were Obama a white man, he would not have had a chance. A black man won big. Get over it already and stop peddling fantasies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies