Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2011, 01:35 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
What else is it about?

Tell me.

How do you REALLY compare slavery to being gay? And I completely believe that you are gay from conception...

It's about love, respect, companionship, affection, sharing your life, etcetra.

OR do you just have sex 24 hours a day, every day...every week.....?????

Apparently the remainder of his post went right over your head!

Old 07-09-2011, 02:00 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Some people, men usually, hear the word "gay" and think "butt sex". That's all. They don't think about gay women, they don't think about how someone may feel in this world, they don't think how they may be discrimated against, they don't think about anything they do over the course of their life as a gay person and how it had may have influenced them. Nope. Butt sex.

You really can't reason with someone who thinks that way.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:12 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Some people, men usually, hear the word "gay" and think "butt sex". That's all. They don't think about gay women, they don't think about how someone may feel in this world, they don't think how they may be discrimated against, they don't think about anything they do over the course of their life as a gay person and how it had may have influenced them. Nope. Butt sex.

You really can't reason with someone who thinks that way.
I agree....I have most of those posters on ignore.

I was called a "butt pirate" recently here........I must admit I had to laugh......it was original at least.

I call posters who "talk" like that...."anal-retentive"....since they dwell on sex etcetera........and they are grumpy I assume because the plumbing ain't running.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:57 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
The sexual preference of someone who contributed anything worth ending up in a "history" book is a non-factor.

As is their skin color.

Who cares if they are Black, Chinese, Mexican, or whatever.

Oh wait, people of the same ethnicity CARE.

You can say the same thing about women. Who cares if it was a female who did it, if only THE ACTIONS matter,

Because who we are shapes WHAT WE DO,

If you have Black History month, Asian History month, Women History month, then you should have GAY History month.

I understand that White History month is currently unnecessary, but give it 100 years and it will be there because they would be a minority by then.

It lets children who identify that people of ALL types can be great,

Old 07-09-2011, 10:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
As is their skin color.

Who cares if they are Black, Chinese, Mexican, or whatever.

Oh wait, people of the same ethnicity CARE.

You can say the same thing about women. Who cares if it was a female who did it, if only THE ACTIONS matter,

Because who we are shapes WHAT WE DO,

If you have Black History month, Asian History month, Women History month, then you should have GAY History month.

I understand that White History month is currently unnecessary, but give it 100 years and it will be there because they would be a minority by then.

It lets children who identify that people of ALL types can be great,
We only need 2-3 years, not 100 for Whites to become a minority.
In some states they already are minorities. We're just waiting for the other states to catch up.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:18 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We only need 2-3 years, not 100 for Whites to become a minority.
In some states they already are minorities. We're just waiting for the other states to catch up.
Oh please. 74% of Americans are "pure" white. The next largest racial group is blacks at about 12.5%. There is no state where whites are not the largest racial group (or even a state where whites are even close to being less than 50% of the population). I believe Mississippi is the least white state being 60% white.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Oh please. 74% of Americans are "pure" white. The next largest racial group is blacks at about 12.5%. There is no state where whites are not the largest racial group (or even a state where whites are even close to being less than 50% of the population). I believe Mississippi is the least white state being 60% white.
4 US states are minority-majority now.
Minority-majority state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-09-2011, 10:41 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
4 US states are minority-majority now.
Minority-majority state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you want to consider white Hispanics not white, then maybe. However, most Hispanics ARE white.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
If you want to consider white Hispanics not white, then maybe. However, most Hispanics ARE white.
Just quoting what the census figures tell us.
But you can get picky if you want and choose only certain Hispanics to make your claim.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:19 AM

269 posts, read 255,927 times
This is a good thing. Lord knows kids need to be educated on LGBT history as they are on the historical facts of other groups and productive members of society. Kids deserve the facts and to be educated on historical figures, gay and straight, and their impact on the world we live in, that's history. Anyone who wants to deny kids that chance are only doing so out of homophobia, so the fact kids will learn that gay people are just as able to make positive contributions only makes this an even better situation, as hopefully these kids will understand why homophobia is wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies