Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 06:55 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
That means absolutely nothing. You are archaic.
I might be old with old ways like to see you create life by these unlawful unions in the sight of God.You sound just like my neice

Old 07-26-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
Holy COW. I can barely even read this post, but I think it's about how smart you think you are. How ironic.

Yes, Ohio history is still taught in Ohio schools.
Well pardon me who cares what you think smart a$$

Old 07-26-2011, 10:41 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
GOOD! It's about time!

Old 07-27-2011, 12:17 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
We learn of the 442nd in school [Ohio]also the code talkers in WW2 Einstein theory of time travel MC Squared but my sons and their friends thought i was pulling their leg about time travel and said Who is Einstein? At their age i heard of Einstein... lollol.We also had OHIO History class which i think is gone now?
So in Ohio schools, did you learn about the CIO, the UAW, the steel strikes, the Fisher Body strikes, and the massive anti-labor violence during the 1930s? (That was not taught in California schools, due to it not being a part of California's history.)

Not sure when you went to school - depending upon your age Kent State might have been recent enough to be too controversial.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:53 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
In my humble opinion it will be repealed
I certainly hope so.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:19 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
I hope they don't forget to include the Nazi Ernst Röhm (gay) who was the leader of the (Sturmabteilung (the SA, or Brownshirts Nazi Stormtroopers).
or all the gay SS officers.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:35 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
I also want them when discussing possible bisexual people in history to mention Adolf Hitler
from The Mind of Adolf Hitler
Quote:
The belief that Hitler is homosexual has probably developed (a) from the fact that he does show so many feminine characteristics, and (b) from the fact that there were so many homosexuals in the Party during the early days and many continue to occupy important positions. It does seem that Hitler feels much more at ease with homosexuals than with normal persons, but this may be due to the fact that they are all fundamentally social outcasts and consequently have a community of interests which tends to make them think and feel more or less alike. In this connection it is interesting to note that homosexuals, too, frequently regard themselves as a special form of creation or as chosen ones whose destiny it is to initiate a new order.

The fact that underneath they feel themselves to be different and ostracized from normal social contacts usually makes them easy converts to a new social philosophy which does not discriminate against them. Being among civilization's discontents, they are always willing to take a chance of something new which holds any promise of improving their lot, even though their chances of success may be small and the risk great. Having little to lose to begin with, they can afford to take chances which others would refrain from taking. The early Nazi party certainly contained many members who could be regarded in this light. Even today Hitler derives pleasure from looking at men's bodies and associating with homosexuals. Strasser tells us that his personal body guard is almost always 100% homosexuals.

He also derives considerable pleasure from being with his Hitler Youth and his attitude towards them frequently tends to be more that of a woman than that of a man.

There is a possibility that Hitler has participated in a homosexual relationship at some time in his life. The evidence is such that we can only say there is a strong tendency in this direction which, in addition to the manifestations already enumerated, often finds expression in imagery concerning being attacked from behind or being stabbed in the back. His nightmares, which frequently deal with being attacked by a man and being suffocated, also suggest strong homosexual tendencies and a fear of them. From these indications, however, we would conclude that for the most part these tendencies have been repressed, which would speak against the probability of their being expressed in overt form. On the other hand, persons suffering from his perversion sometimes do indulge in homosexual practices in the hope that they might find sexual gratification. Even this perversion would be more acceptable to them than the one with which they are afflicted.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:45 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
So in Ohio schools, did you learn about the CIO, the UAW, the steel strikes, the Fisher Body strikes, and the massive anti-labor violence during the 1930s? (That was not taught in California schools, due to it not being a part of California's history.)

Not sure when you went to school - depending upon your age Kent State might have been recent enough to be too controversial.
From what I remember Ohio history was more about the native americans in Ohio, how the state was settled, agriculture and the amish, the importance of lake erie and the canal, historical facts, the presidents who came from Ohio, the industrial age, etc. I don't remember it being centered on 20th century Ohio news events.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post

First I was just asking a question then you all turn vicious on me ? Industrail Arts and P.E. Health classes have been cut here I was just curious to see how other States have faired and what they are teaching today.So much hate comes from you lefties it makes me sick then you spin everthing to your advantage.

The protest started in the city of KENT after a group of radical Bill Ayers wanna be's all juiced up after they left a bar,growing in size as they went thru town breaking the merchants windows starting fires then cutting fire hoses and attacking the Fireman who came to put them out? Not a nice way to treat the people of Kent Ohio who were your hosts as [you probably] the students were temporary guests?They then moved on to Campus destroying more public property setting fire to the ROTC building one of these idiots used the excuse it was condemned anyway?

It was tragic a 13 year old died who had no business to be there in the first place and it could of been worse if not for a brave professor who pleaded too the rioters to disperse after the shooting.Sorry all this happened but they were far from peaceful love dove hippies.

You remember they use to say never trust anyone over 30 well these same people are old like me now and are saying trust us we are old now and over 60 crowd? Revised history to suit your agenda I don't give a rats a$$ about Unions I'am a life time member of a AFL-CIO union the DIMOS mouth piece.

The Dept.of Education have done a great job dumbing down our kids...You a teacher?

Old 07-27-2011, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
From what I remember Ohio history was more about the native americans in Ohio, how the state was settled, agriculture and the amish, the importance of lake erie and the canal, historical facts, the presidents who came from Ohio, the industrial age, etc. I don't remember it being centered on 20th century Ohio news events.
The Moundbuilders... HOPEWELL,ADENA,FT.ANCIENT cultures... do you know of the GREAT SERPENT MOUND effigy in Highland Co have you ever taken a school trip to see it ? I'am being nice too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies