U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 11:15 PM

8,521 posts, read 13,958,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Oops
It's in response to the foolish remarks HT made.

His remarks were just as silly as the karma remark.

That's all I was saying.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
We don't have large roaming gangs of white people robbing in multiple major cities nationwide. White people commit crime too of course, but in this day and age in America ghetto black kids have a near monopoly on the type of stuff mentioned in this thread.
I never said who leads in the race, I said white kids do it too.

2 wrongs don't make it right.

That's like saying a "white lie" is not as bad as a "lie".

Same damn thing.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:27 PM

6,156 posts, read 4,140,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I never said who leads in the race, I said white kids do it too.

2 wrongs don't make it right.

That's like saying a "white lie" is not as bad as a "lie".
I know that, but you can't compare two problems that are on a massively different scale. By saying "oh white kids do this too" you're essentially saying that the two are equal sized problems when they're clearly not.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
I know that, but you can't compare two problems that are on a massively different scale. By saying "oh white kids do this too" you're essentially saying that the two are equal sized problems when they're clearly not.

I know black kids do this at a much larger rate than white kids.

In that post, I was simply saying, yes, I agree, white kids do it also.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
I know black kids do this at a much larger rate than white kids.

In that post, I was simply saying, yes, I agree, white kids do it also.
Oh okay. Not trying to pick an argument or anything, that's just an attitude I hear often. Not from you, just in general. The guy you were responding to was obviously (in my opinion) trying to downplay this instance.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Oh okay. Not trying to pick an argument or anything, that's just an attitude I hear often. Not from you, just in general. The guy you were responding to was obviously (in my opinion) trying to downplay this instance.
Yes, he was trying to downplay it........

That, I don't agree with.

My remark was just that a remark.

I'd be lying to myself if I thought it was equal between black kids and white kids. I refuse to be that foolish.

Saying "oh they do it too" is a very weak argument. That's not the direction I was going in.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Yes, he was trying to downplay it........

That, I don't agree with.

My remark was just that a remark.

I'd be lying to myself if I thought it was equal between black kids and white kids. I refuse to be that foolish.

Saying "oh they do it too" is a very weak argument. That's not the direction I was going in.
It's all good. That being said though if you split it up it by economic class he just might have a point.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:34 AM

813 posts, read 699,434 times
It's not about poverty either. You never see the impoverished, those living on shelters or poor rural communities doing senseless violence all over the country like they do.

These criminals are nothing but well fed, spoiled hoodlums living off a parent or the government. They could care less about education and hard work. Instead spending their money on gear, the latest iPhones, cellphones, and HD video cameras so they can organize and record their vicious attacks and post them online. Now some people want us to feel more sorry for then and not for the victims, and stop talking about it because it makes these scum look "bad".

Old 07-11-2011, 11:42 AM

813 posts, read 699,434 times
These mobs basically attack anyone, whoever isn't black and minding their own business. They will punch, stomp on, stab and kill them.

Minneapolis mother and daughter attacked by 'teen' mob
A mother, teen and 4 year old girl viciously attacked in Minneapolis. The youngest girl suffered a head contusion.

They attack Asians and Hispanics as frequently as they do whites. To them its basically, "screw however isn't black", they will victimize them in whatever horrendous way they can.

Milwaukee 'teens' brutally attack people after fireworks - July 4 weekend

Old 07-11-2011, 11:45 AM

9,397 posts, read 13,662,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- A woman's leg was broken by a violent mob that went on a rampage over the weekend in North Philadelphia, and another in Darby.
Woman's leg broken by violent mob in North Phila. | 6abc.com
At U. Darby Sears, dozens invade & flee with thousands in merchandise - Philly.com
I don't get why the cops aren't doing jack **** about this. A bunch of college kids celebrating a sports victory in the streets gets this treatment. Literally sending in the cavalry:

YouTube - ‪Univ. of Maryland Beating on Tape‬‏

Yet a group of 200 dangerous individuals going around actually attacking people doesn't even get a canister of teargas?

Just what the hell do they think they're doing? They're called law ENFORCEMENT officers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies