Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 02:29 PM

7,792 posts, read 6,348,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
Oh, really? So I must ask, what are you doing to help bring down crime around you? Me personally, I actually lend a hand in the community to help steer at risk children away from the wrong path. What exactly is it that you do besides copy and paste YouTube videos for you and your cohorts to shake your heads at?

As a matter of fact, what are the rest of you doing to help alleviate the problems that you so keenly point out as being such a serious issue? You know what they say, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Or would you rather just wait until the problem reaches your neighborhood so that you can cry..what's the word? Victim?
So someone who is beaten and robbed is not a victim?

Old 07-06-2011, 02:29 PM

717 posts, read 893,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Does that smiley now represent an intelligent response?

Old 07-06-2011, 02:31 PM

419 posts, read 364,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Yesterday was too late.
Money doesn't grow on trees

Old 07-06-2011, 02:33 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,906,911 times
what chalie is saying is talk is cheap.

if you really want to fix the problem, go out and do something about it.

posting all day online isnt going to do anything except make you look bad in the end, as it shows you arn't serious and are just bored wanting attention.

go out and deal with these youths.

fix the problem instead of sitting on the sideline, thats what chalie brown is saying.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:34 PM

810 posts, read 833,150 times
Quote:
Now we're right back at your recognizing the problem, but obviously avoiding getting to a solution. Chopping at the buds or stems of weeds doesn't kill them, now does it? If you only scrape at a problem, it won't stop it. You have to get it at the root.
That has been done for decades, ie. "the war on drugs", "the war on poverty". Liberals always want to chop the "root" of the problem, but that's only a racket and never works because those people need to want the change themselves. They must be willing to give up their ignorant mindset on their own, nobody else can do that for them.
The black community must show those thugs that they won't be placating to them anyone, they have destroyed those communities with crime and brought conflict with other groups. Stop babying the hoodlums, stop this "no snitching" nonsense, and turn the perps in. Everyone just needs to identify the problem and protect themselves too. A few "ah man, it's all good, just do communities service and give money" from posters like tropolis and Chalie Brown doesn't change the problem or help people.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:34 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,405,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post

posting all day online isnt going to do anything except make you look bad in the end, as it shows you arn't serious and are just bored wanting attention.

fix the problem instead of sitting on the sideline, thats what chalie brown is saying.
That's for their own communities to fix. So get with it, didn't you say you were black? My way of fixing it is a bullet to the eye.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:35 PM

316 posts, read 557,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
The Police Chief claims the attacks were "color blind".

Flynn calls looting, beatings in Riverwest barbaric - JSOnline
That's terrible.... they need to be put behind bars.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:36 PM

7,792 posts, read 6,348,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post

How do you deal with an entire flash mob? A gun wont cut it, there are probably several guns among the people in a flash mob. Grenades and automatic weapons are illegal so that wont cut it either.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:36 PM

717 posts, read 893,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That's for their own communities to fix. So get with it, didn't you say you were black? My way of fixing it is a bullet to the eye.
So it's not your responsibility because your skin isn't black? Um, that's racist.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:37 PM

77,800 posts, read 59,963,843 times
Quote:
Oh, really? So I must ask, what are you doing to help bring down crime around you? Me personally, I actually lend a hand in the community to help steer at risk children away from the wrong path. What exactly is it that you do besides copy and paste YouTube videos for you and your cohorts to shake your heads at?

As a matter of fact, what are the rest of you doing to help alleviate the problems that you so keenly point out as being such a serious issue? You know what they say, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Or would you rather just wait until the problem reaches your neighborhood so that you can cry..what's the word? Victim?
I chose not to have 6 kids with 4 different women and not be a dad to any of them.

I'm raising my sons to respect and treat everyone fairly, not steal and be honest. Between raising them alone, working etc. I don't have the kind of time to do serious mentoring but it is something I would be interested in down the road. However, trying to paint me as part of the problem is laughable...I'm taking care of my business.

I honestly don't give a crap about the skin color of the criminals involved here, it's moot. However, there has been a growing number of highprofile copycat actions like this and it's making the news. Chicago in particular had a bunch the last few months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies