Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 04:04 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times

Advertisements

It is not race; it is culture. So long as it is portrayed as and issue of skin color, it will be considered an unsolvable problem.
The thing about unsolvable problems is that they always contain a lie.
In this case it is that lie is that it a racial problem when in fact it is a cultural problem. Not all blacks are violent and some white people have adopted the same violent culture, but it is with out a doubt a much bigger problem in the black community.
Culture is a voluntary choice, and people who choose a violent culture should be dealt with in the most severe way. It needs to be made clear to everyone that this behavior is not something society will tolerate.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:16 PM

810 posts, read 837,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
It is not race; it is culture. So long as it is portrayed as and issue of skin color, it will be considered an unsolvable problem.
The thing about unsolvable problems is that they always contain a lie.
In this case it is that lie is that it a racial problem when in fact it is a cultural problem. Not all blacks are violent and some white people have adopted the same violent culture, but it is with out a doubt a much bigger problem in the black community.
Culture is a voluntary choice, and people who choose a violent culture should be dealt with in the most severe way. It needs to be made clear to everyone that this behavior is not something society will tolerate.
It's a thug sub-culture that developed after the black liberation movement was hijacked by right and left wing extremists, both black and non-black. Now this sub-culture is a movement of its own and has supplanted the meaning of what it is to be African-American in the majority. If you watch videos of youth mobs some of them say things like, "now imma start being black", and by that they mean start attacking and harassing peoples. This way of thinking and being is not compatible with society today and has to be eradicated, otherwise it will grow into criminal societies, like the tamil tigers. Except made up of ignorant, racist youth under the protection of the liberal censors.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:47 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Sigh. You guys make it seem like all black people are going out here and participating in flash mobs. You try to make it seem like the "black community" is in support of these beatings. Um, the "black community" is a diverse as the "white community". Just to let you know, we black people don't think like a hive mind. We are individuals just like you. I do not see a movement for solving the white crystal meth epidemic in America, hell I dont even see any threads about it. Fact: Yes, there are black youths the congregate into mobs and beat and rob people. Fact: The overwhelming majority of black youth do not participate in this. Fact: the overwhelming majority of poor black youth in inner cities do not participate in this. If they did, you would have something similar to race riots of the the 60s happening not isolated pocket events that receive sensationalist new attention.

Oh, and for those folks that think walking around with a gun and shooting at a black mob that is attempting to assault you is going to be an effective deterrent haven't really thought out that plan much. I guess the assumption is that nobody in the mob is armed. right.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:07 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Sigh. You guys make it seem like all black people are going out here and participating in flash mobs. You try to make it seem like the "black community" is in support of these beatings. Um, the "black community" is a diverse as the "white community". Just to let you know, we black people don't think like a hive mind. We are individuals just like you. I do not see a movement for solving the white crystal meth epidemic in America, hell I dont even see any threads about it. Fact: Yes, there are black youths the congregate into mobs and beat and rob people. Fact: The overwhelming majority of black youth do not participate in this. Fact: the overwhelming majority of poor black youth in inner cities do not participate in this. If they did, you would have something similar to race riots of the the 60s happening not isolated pocket events that receive sensationalist new attention.

Oh, and for those folks that think walking around with a gun and shooting at a black mob that is attempting to assault you is going to be an effective deterrent haven't really thought out that plan much. I guess the assumption is that nobody in the mob is armed. right.
Well, I agree that the "black community" does not support gang beatings. In fact, these types of threads annoy me for two reasons. One is that they come from a place of anger and not rational thinking. And two, gang beatings are not some sort of social trend that is going to gain a groundswell of popularity. They are isolated, albeit sad incidents. They are not worthy of a thread.

However I would like to see the "black community" become more diverse in their attitudes and perspectives. I recall a black poster in another forum proclaiming Juan Williams a "sell-out" for not following the black mantra. Several other black posters quickly agreed with the "sell-out" label and were likewise critical of Williams. I have heard other blacks referred to as "sell-outs", while other blacks have been criticised as "acting white". Such tags, and the attitudes that create them, will not exist in a culture that is completely free-thinking.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:11 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
what chalie is saying is talk is cheap.

if you really want to fix the problem, go out and do something about it.

posting all day online isnt going to do anything except make you look bad in the end, as it shows you arn't serious and are just bored wanting attention.

go out and deal with these youths.

fix the problem instead of sitting on the sideline, thats what chalie brown is saying.
The only people that can fix the problem are the blacks themselves, they don't want whitely coming into their neighborhoods with fixes.
I suggest whites arm themselves with bright fluerescent spray paint. If they accost you, spray em down with bright orange - aim for the eyes!
And make sure the cops take a report, yes, you do want to press charges!

Old 07-07-2011, 06:36 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,426 times
Quote:

really? you all defended that racist pastor in Chicago the president went to for like 20 years,

you all seemed o.k. with Michael Vick and dogfighting,

you were all for the acquittal of OJ Simpson, thought it was great

now compare that with the outrage white people feel with the acquittal of Casey Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Well, I agree that the "black community" does not support gang beatings. In fact, these types of threads annoy me for two reasons. One is that they come from a place of anger and not rational thinking. And two, gang beatings are not some sort of social trend that is going to gain a groundswell of popularity. They are isolated, albeit sad incidents. They are not worthy of a thread.

However I would like to see the "black community" become more diverse in their attitudes and perspectives. I recall a black poster in another forum proclaiming Juan Williams a "sell-out" for not following the black mantra. Several other black posters quickly agreed with the "sell-out" label and were likewise critical of Williams. I have heard other blacks referred to as "sell-outs", while other blacks have been criticised as "acting white". Such tags, and the attitudes that create them, will not exist in a culture that is completely free-thinking.
Uncle Tom is what you're looking for

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The only people that can fix the problem are the blacks themselves, they don't want whitely coming into their neighborhoods with fixes.
I suggest whites arm themselves with bright fluerescent spray paint. If they accost you, spray em down with bright orange - aim for the eyes!
And make sure the cops take a report, yes, you do want to press charges!
pepper spray should be mandatory ,

oh, and the po-lice in Milwaukee didn't take names, addresses, statements from any of the eyewitnesses but simply told them to get out of the park, like they had done something wrong.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
It really is sick but I know plenty of white kids who do it too.
Your post sounds so much like all the "Well yeah but Bush did that too". It doesn't make a bit of difference if others do something like this when those others weren't involved in this one.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
"Perry was among several who were injured by a mob they said beat and robbed them and threw full beer bottles while making racial taunts."

Ohferchrissake what a waste of beer....
But the bottle is heavier and hits harder when full than empty.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:07 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:

I really hate when folks trot out the "not all Blacks" meme, as if something is not a problem unless 100% of the group is participating. Please don't insult our intelligence we know not all Blacks, which makes it even more surprising why so many Blacks who are not involved go to such lengths to excuse or deny this behavior.

I'm Black and don't think these thugs have anything to do with me thus it's easy for me to call a spade a spade. Young Black males commit the overwhelming majority of these types of crimes and the authorities need to address it, period.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:10 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
really? you all defended that racist pastor in Chicago the president went to for like 20 years,

you all seemed o.k. with Michael Vick and dogfighting,

you were all for the acquittal of OJ Simpson, thought it was great

now compare that with the outrage white people feel with the acquittal of Casey Anthony

Uncle Tom is what you're looking for

pepper spray should be mandatory ,

oh, and the po-lice in Milwaukee didn't take names, addresses, statements from any of the eyewitnesses but simply told them to get out of the park, like they had done something wrong.
The Black community being a monolith is part of the problem. Even middle class, educated Blacks will parrot the ethos of the ghetto in an attempt to assert their "blackness".

Just this week Tom Joyner went after West and Smiley for criticizing Obama and according to him creating the environment that allowed Halperin to call Obama , a dick. I mean really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies