Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 08:57 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Exactly! I have no problem with gays serving in the military but we do need to take into account their mental disorder when considering them for positions of importance where their mental instability could lead to the death of our brave soldiers who are fighting for us. Bradley Manning is a sick individual who should have never gotten close to classified data. We wouldn't let someone with a bipolar disorder handle classified info, we should treat individuals with comparable disorders the same way.
What medical disorder did he have? Failure to participate in a military operation killing and jailing innocent Muslims he knew to be innocent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I think it had more to do with atrocities he witnessed in Iraq than with being bullied. I don't have a link but I'm sure anyone can google it.
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...ing/index.html

Old 07-07-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...he should be hung from the neck til death...his sexual orientaion has nothing to do with his act of treason...
US Citizens exposing goverment wrongdoing, while the military admits they have no evidence of anybody being harmed by it, is a good reason to kill them.

They are so patriotic!

Old 07-07-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Personally, I believe the fact that Manning is gay and committed treason against this country makes this a horrible commentary for the Homosexual Community. Without a doubt, I believe there's a link to his gayness and the release of classified information. This angry young man had a vendetta against the world because of his own self-hatred. A person with strong principle and personal fortitude would have never compromised the security of our troops and our country.
Personally, I believe anybody that thinks the goverment should kill people for "treason" when the goverment hasn't even charged "treason"...should themselves be killed.....but that's just me.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:11 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
What medical disorder did he have? Failure to participate in a military operation killing and jailing innocent Muslims he knew to be innocent?
No, Manning was jailed long before we invaded Libya.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
No, Manning was jailed long before we invaded Libya.
Exactly. Manning never had a disorder. The goverment does not claim that. His defense lawyers do not claim that.

That's you with your wild fantasies, hoping to killl a US soldier who you politically disagree with.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:54 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Exactly. Manning never had a disorder. The goverment does not claim that. His defense lawyers do not claim that.

That's you with your wild fantasies, hoping to killl a US soldier who you politically disagree with.
Manning is openly gay which is a clear sign of a mental disorder, it's also been reported that he's bipolar which does run hand in hand with homosexuality. I never said anything about wanting to kill Manning, he should clearly pay a price for the crimes he committed though. He's no longer a soldier, he's been dishonorably discharged and is being held for the crimes he committed.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Manning is openly gay which is a clear sign of a mental disorder, it's also been reported that he's bipolar which does run hand in hand with homosexuality. I never said anything about wanting to kill Manning, he should clearly pay a price for the crimes he committed though. He's no longer a soldier, he's been dishonorably discharged and is being held for the crimes he committed.
Only in your wingnut fantasy world is homosexuality a "mental disorder". All the major medical associations clearly reject that term, and any other negative connetation associated with being gay. It's hard to see how you made it out of college.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex...and_psychology

Old 07-11-2011, 12:36 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
I'd vote for Manning for President.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I'd vote for Manning for President.
Two soldiers in that "collateral damage" video released by wikileaks, where the USA military just slaughtered innocent civilians have come out and said they support Manning.

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...ing/index.html

And we still have on this board these right wing key board warriors who never served a day in their life calling for Manning's execution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies