Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:57 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Thanks to the GW policies Obama is enjoying a pretty smooth presidency in terms of national security.
A fine point. GW certainly put Obama in a much better position in that regard than his predecessor did for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 08:57 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,336,464 times
Oh.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:05 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
I wouldn't wish that SOB happy anything....

On the other hand it's Nancy Reagan's birthday today as well, Happy 90th Birthday Nancy!

Old 07-06-2011, 09:06 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Well,...I must admit that I have never considered that downside.

Wasn't it nice to have an POTUS who didn't mind people knowing everything about his life, from his birth through his college years and right on through his political career? GW didn't hide anything,....we knew all about his college life,.... including his grades. Open to the public.

'Ol Gw didn't study that Alinsky fellow, and didn't hang around with those anti-American types either.

Quite an American!!

Happy Birthday GW!!
You're kidding, right?

Bush didn't release his college grades. They were leaked by the New Yorker magazine.

It took FOIA requests and in some cases lawsuits to get Bush and the Pentagon to release his military records, often with the Pentagon claiming some records had been accidentally destroyed, only to have them turn up later.

He also never published his birth certificate or released it to the public, so we have more confidence in where Obama was born than we do with Dubya.

Bush's friends and family can wish him a happy birthday, for all I care. I won't be doing so.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:13 PM

898 posts, read 827,477 times
HB, GW, you are missed by most sane Americans.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:17 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Turned 65 today and has had thousands of online birthday wishes from across this great country.

GW had his warts, but 'gosh darn',...I'd rather have one GW in the White House as a dozen Obozos.....
I agree. GWB has had his problems but he loves his country and he supports the troops. I loved seeing him moutain bike with vets who had lost limbs. I loved his response when a reporter asked him if he felt guilty. Answer.....No. The troops volunteer to serve for their country and he said he would not have expected them to lay their lives on the line without a good cause. Guilt no, but he said he would forever honor our vets for their bravery and willingness to serve our country. It brought tears to my eyes to see him sit down at dinner each night with these wounded warriors just like he was their next door neighbor.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:24 PM

898 posts, read 827,477 times
And he quit golfing once we went to war. It set a bad image in his opinion. Meanwhile, the fool in chief, little barry s. has continued to golf and party which is a slap in the face to real Americans.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:27 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The questions should be, since you didn't care about;

Bush's spending why would you care about Obama's?

Bush's warm why would you care about Obama's?

Bush's corporate bailouts why would you care about Obama's?
You assume a lot.........

Maybe you missed the part about "warts"....

Happy Birthday President Bush!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!! We miss you!!!!!!

Old 07-06-2011, 09:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
You would? Imagine how much vacationing and fundraising and apologizing a DOZEN Obamas could do? He'd be on the PGA tour by now! Imagine thousands of Michelles! One to police every school cafeteria!
Surely you jest! Surely you know by now that Bush took more vacation time than any other president.

Bush Spent 487 Days At Camp David, 490 Days At Texas Ranch During

Old 07-06-2011, 09:38 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Surely you jest! Surely you know by now that Bush took more vacation time than any other president.

Bush Spent 487 Days At Camp David, 490 Days At Texas Ranch During
Bush took staff to Camp David. There is a big difference between a family vacation and a working vacation. Sometimes I work at home. That feels like a vacation to me but I am working just the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies