Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:29 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,783,029 times

Advertisements

I get the feeling that Obama is trying to be the "first" person to do stuff rather than choosing the right person... not saying that the person doesn't deserve it but I notice he has appointed a few people just to declare himself as the "first" one to do it... I really don't like people that do stuff like that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 08:30 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,831,241 times
Are homosexuals really that insecure that they have to run here and post about anything that takes place in the gay community?

"Newsflash, a gay man in New Jersey just bought a gallon of milk at the local 7/11.... more at 10!!!"

Old 07-06-2011, 08:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I get the feeling that Obama is trying to be the "first" person to do stuff rather than choosing the right person... not saying that the person doesn't deserve it but I notice he has appointed a few people just to declare himself as the "first" one to do it... I really don't like people that do stuff like that...
Skill and ability don't count anymore. It's your sexual preference or your skin color that gets you "in" with Mr. President.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I can't wait until he's officially the first 1 term half black POTUS.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:34 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,230,142 times
The OP is simply bringing good news to the forum. He/she is trying to expose the moronic homophobes that will get all p***ed off about it. It's working.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
The OP is simply bringing good news to the forum. He/she is trying to expose the moronic homophobes that will get all p***ed off about it. It's working.
That's what the OP does. It's extremely important that gays have prominence in America these days.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:37 PM

45,078 posts, read 26,245,496 times
Hey it's your lucky day, you just got promoted because "you're openly gay"!!!! lol

It would be funny, except these creatures are paid by we taxpayers and have influence on policy.
Pathetic really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Nobody is pissed off, we're just wondering why this woman's sexual orientation is news. Obama has appointed many straight people to many positions, why are gay people different?

5,391 posts, read 7,206,852 times
Here's one of the other members of the board:

On Deadline reports that President Bush has appointed long-time friend and advisor Karen Hughes to the board of visitors at the West Point military academy.

Looks like Hughes never was even in the military, but she did work on Bush's campaign, and then did a miserable job for the Bush administration as undersecretary of state for public diplomacy.

Others on the board include another Captain and former grad of West Point, just as Fulton was a Captain and West Point grad.

Bottom line, there are 6 slots for the president to appoint to, and it's at the president's discretion.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:42 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,802,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
On July 5th President Obama appointed an openly gay women to serve on the West Point Board. This is the first time an openly Gay person has been appointed in this capacity to advise the administration on Military issues.
Don't forget to let us know when Obama appoints someone who is into s&m.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies